The Student Room Group

I have a big nose and am hating myself now

I'm 19 and I never had a girlfriend and have a big nose as well. I seriously am doubting myself that I won't get a gf ever or look good because my nose is just huge. I considered rhinoplasty, but its expensive and I can't afford it. I try to make myself look as good as possible by wearing good clothes and good hairstyle and hygiene, but my nose is ruining my life.

Wherever I go, there are always 1 or 2 people that make fun of my nose. It has been like this at every school I have been to (3 so far).

Is there no way of looking good when I have a big nose? And hence, no way of getting a girlfriend?

PLEASE HELP! :frown:

Scroll to see replies

Dont worry im a girl also witha big nose and you jsut have to be confident and act yourself ,people normally talk about the way you look because you appear vunreble so they pick on people becuase that are not likely to show them up.On the girlfirend side of things if your confident people start to notice you alot more just be friendly.
Reply 2

Pics?
I once went out with a guy with a big nose, and I thought he was fit :biggrin:. Plus, like you he got made fun of it too, but he's also had his fair share of girls.

Just try to take no notice of bullies; they're just pricks out to pick on people for no good reason. I dunno what to suggest about the girlfriend thing though, since I'm no good at that stuff myself :o:. It's maybe just a confidence thing you need to work on, and also trying to meet new people.
Reply 4
i have a big nose and i am getting a nose job in october. It's so ****ee ehh?
Reply 5
Original post by ape gone insane
some girls like guys with big noses similar to how they like guys with big adam's apples. Glasses can reduce how big a nose appears. You say the teasing happens at school? Bullies need to find some defect to make fun of, unfortunately.

Just don't mind jokes, play along with it, reference and acknowledge that you have a big nose. Don't act embarrassed, be humorous about it. Joke about it.

joke ummmm....."yh i got a big nose, sumfin else is big and ur chick knows!" :e:e:e:e:e:e:e
Reply 6
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
Some girls like guys with big noses similar to how they like guys with big Adam's apples. Glasses can reduce how big a nose appears. You say the teasing happens at school? Bullies need to find some defect to make fun of, unfortunately.

Just don't mind jokes, play along with it, reference and acknowledge that you have a big nose. Don't act embarrassed, be humorous about it. Joke about it.

joke about it....

"yh i got a BIG NOSE, sumfin ELSE IS BIG and ur CHICK knows!"

RIP MAX :colone::colone::colone::colone::colone::colone::colone:
Reply 7
Original post by Anonymous
I'm 19 and I never had a girlfriend and have a big nose as well. I seriously am doubting myself that I won't get a gf ever or look good because my nose is just huge. I considered rhinoplasty, but its expensive and I can't afford it. I try to make myself look as good as possible by wearing good clothes and good hairstyle and hygiene, but my nose is ruining my life.

Wherever I go, there are always 1 or 2 people that make fun of my nose. It has been like this at every school I have been to (3 so far).

Is there no way of looking good when I have a big nose? And hence, no way of getting a girlfriend?

PLEASE HELP! :frown:

Hi
i dont like my nose either, yeah i use to get the odd comment at school, but now i aint bothered, however the way your making it sound is like you have a big stump glued on to your face, just embrace what you have, and dont look for a girlfriend, trust me a girl will come along and she will love you for who you are and your appearance shouldn't matter to her. trying to have a nose job is just going to make your face look wierd, 1 advice dont wear glasses if you have a hump in your nose its just going to make it worse. if anyone makes fun of you just laugh back, they would soon get bored of it. x
Reply 8
pics? when, actually i for one wont judge as i too have quite wide/big nose
Original post by Rahul.S
joke about it....

RIP MAX :colone::colone::colone::colone::colone::colone::colone:

why do people keep saying things like that?
Original post by bramz19
Anonymous poster #1 and Anonymous poster #2 should, like, totally hook up.

Exactly my thought :2in1:
+rep:bigsmile:
Reply 11
Original post by bramz19
Anonymous poster #1 and Anonymous poster #2 should, like, totally hook up.

Original post by ithoughtofthis
Exactly my thought :2in1:
+rep:bigsmile:

Anon1 + Anon2 = babies with even bigger noses. How could you wish such a thing on innocent babies?
I like big noses.
I can't imagine your nose is the reason you don't have a girlfriend.
When we notice things about ourself, sometimes it can grow into a complex and we percieve it to be a bigger issue than it actually is.

I'm sure your nose can't be too awful. You wouldn't say these kind of cruel things to your best friend, so why say them to yourself?
Reply 14
Original post by Bubbles0ox

RIP?

WTS WRONG WITH THT KMT!

"IM LIKE HIV....MY VICTIMS ARE INCURABLE....IM LIKE HIV....I WILL ENTER U AND MAKE U DIE 4RM A FLU"

RIP Bubbles0ox :colone::colone::colone::colone::colone::colone::colone:
I have a big nose too! Just thought i'd put that out there
Original post by Bubbles0ox

Im like an ethiopian runner, skinny but can go on forever.

RIP BUBBLESoX:colone::colone::colone::colone::colone::colone::colone::colone::colone::colone::colone:
Reply 17
Your ugly big nose could be someone elses handsome roman nose.

I like big noses, they add character.
Original post by Hopple
Anon1 + Anon2 = babies with even bigger noses. How could you wish such a thing on innocent babies?

Lets get this straight, so do you think babies with huge noses are an eyesore and shouldn't be brought into existence?
Reply 19
I dont want to be nosey, but is it really that big?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending