The Student Room Group

Are you proud to go to your University

Scroll to see replies

Yep I'm proud. I'm at UCL, and even now in my final year I can't believe that I actually got in here!! There's so many intelligent and interesting people here.
Reply 81
I think we need some prospective sometimes. Yes, I am quite proud. I don't always like the LSE because I feel that there are a lot of soulless drones around here, and although everybody tends to do well, a lot of people are either seriously arrogant or get by with sheer brute work rather than any sort of intelligence or love for their subject. I wouldn't like to think I'm like that, but maybe I am, which I don't like.

Really I'm the first one in my whole family to go to university so I can be proud of that. I could do a lot worse. University whatsoever is a good achievement and nobody should be ashamed they went if you ask me.
Yes.

Keele is mid-table, small, and no one knows where it is.
But it is different from other Universities and has its own "mission" going on. I'm proud to be a part of it.

I am also the first in my family to go to Uni.
Though my cousin is totally on course for Oxbridge/a top 10... she just got like 20 A*s at GCSE, lol.
I don't know if I'm proud to be going to my university, I get a lot of snarky comments about it so I avoid saying where I study unless absolutely necessary. Sometimes I think I'd be happier at a London uni, which is better suited to me, but I don't plan to transfer though I might do my PhD/MSc at UCL or Imperial down the line...
Without being a tool, I'm very proud. I'm one of the first from my family to go to university, and I'm really grateful to have the opportunity to study somewhere that I love and that has so much offer.
Reply 85
Original post by Daniel-Ballingall
mhmm :smile:

well i am proud that i got to uni, as i have always been told that i wouldn't even make it through college.

i go to chester uni one day a week, and reaseheath 2 days a week, and i have 2 days a week off. my first year went really well. but my second year is awful, why i think this. its disorganized, very poor communication amongst the staff and poor quality teaching for what i am paying for. e.g i made an appointment with a memeber of the animal keeping staff to find out information about a certain animal on the animal management center. i waited 3/4 of an hour for her to arrive, to find out later that she has gone shopping. :mad: i was so annoyed, as i walked half an hour in ice and snow with a hangover.
Original post by kez007
well i am proud that i got to uni, as i have always been told that i wouldn't even make it through college.

i go to chester uni one day a week, and reaseheath 2 days a week, and i have 2 days a week off. my first year went really well. but my second year is awful, why i think this. its disorganized, very poor communication amongst the staff and poor quality teaching for what i am paying for. e.g i made an appointment with a memeber of the animal keeping staff to find out information about a certain animal on the animal management center. i waited 3/4 of an hour for her to arrive, to find out later that she has gone shopping. :mad: i was so annoyed, as i walked half an hour in ice and snow with a hangover.

Cool. :smile:

you didn't need to quote me that, you could of just posted it on the fourm :smile:
-but you're new, so I'll let you off :wink:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 87
The course I will be doing at university is only done in ex-polytechnics so I won't be overly enthusiastic about my university but I wouldn't/won't be ashamed of it.
I'm happy to be at Leeds uni becase I worked my arse off to get here, so I am very proud of myself rather than the uni.
well on the good side theres really nice people there but on the bad side its pretty ****ing boring :lolwut: seriously i have a 3 hour gap and theres **** all to do in my campus
Reply 90
Original post by elixira
Not proud to go to UWE, it's full of idiots. I remember when I was younger I was nervous about going to uni because I thought it'd be full of intellectuals who were way more cultured/intelligent than me, but it's pretty much the opposite. I love Bristol as a city though, so at least I didn't go to a **** uni in a **** city.

Oh dear. :ashamed2:

*See signature
I thought Keele was a pretty reputable university and had fairly high standards... and on the first day I saw the grades of the other students on my course.
They had asked for 300points and a fair few had 160 - 200 points and had got on the course.

Made me think... maybe this uni isn't that selective afterall...?

I am more happy at my uni than proud of it. Would love to have gone to a better university but oh well. My own fault for not getting the grades.
Original post by kristinaalovesu
Why did you left Manchester?

EDIT: I'd like to know why i got neg for this.

Because you can't spell.
Reply 93
The legendary Swansea? Pfft, **** yes!

PS) Haters gonna hate, but I know you're just jealous! :awesome:
Reply 94
Meh, not at all.
Original post by charlie9872

Original post by charlie9872
Because you can't spell.

Haha very funny. You're one of those Grammar Nazis!
Oh well, we're in TSR don't forget that, it's not like im writing a PS. :awesome:
Yes, but mainly because I worked so hard to get here that i'm proud of myself for achieving that. :smile:

But I do love it here. :ahee:
Reply 97
University of Kent

it's full of nice people and the campus is beautiful. It's also very close to London and I believe that Kent will climb up the leagues table in the future.
Reply 98
sometimes i feel like my uni is too academic, prestigious and posh for me:s-smilie:

its like living in an imaginary world most of the time, not a great feeling at all:frown:
Original post by Tallon
I think we need some prospective sometimes. Yes, I am quite proud. I don't always like the LSE because I feel that there are a lot of soulless drones around here, and although everybody tends to do well, a lot of people are either seriously arrogant or get by with sheer brute work rather than any sort of intelligence or love for their subject. I wouldn't like to think I'm like that, but maybe I am, which I don't like.

Really I'm the first one in my whole family to go to university so I can be proud of that. I could do a lot worse. University whatsoever is a good achievement and nobody should be ashamed they went if you ask me.

couldn't agree more. thumbs up sir

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending