The Student Room Group

Really really need help with a girl

Hey guys

Just want to thank anyone in advance who helps me with some constructive comments.

So, met this girl at uni. I think she is soo beautiful and is all i can think about. The nelly song just a dream is so appropriate except i never previously went out with her lol. We get along really well and i sooo want to ask her out. we text and go out have the same friend groups. I have had a few girlfriends before but yet still cannot pick up the courage to ask her out. Call me a pussy if you like but i have just never felt this way about anyone before.

I will be seeing her next week as she is having a bit of a house party. I really want to tell her how i feel. Any thoughts if this is a good idea to do it then or any other ideas about what i should do.

Please be serious and dont joke around as i am not really an emotional guy yet cannot get her off my mind.

Thanks for all your help
Reply 1
:smile:just go for it mate
Awww, I really wish the guy who seemingly fancied me recently felt this way about me, it would've saved me a whole load of hassle!! :tongue: lol.
Of course it'll be nerve-wracking, but, if you genuinely feel that way about this girl then you certiainly owe it to you both to go for it :smile:
Look @ it this way, what have you got to lose?? She isn't a close friend, so there's not that to worry about, and if all goes well you can embark on a new life adventure, never having to look back and wish you'd done something you didn't when you had the chance :smile:
Good Luck!! Please let us know how it goes :smile:
Reply 3
Get drunk, flirt, and get an idea of how she feels. Just please don't go with the whole drunken confession of love thing, it doesn't tend to go down well.
Reply 4
be honest :smile: if you keep tiptoeing around her you may loose your chance :biggrin: !!!!!
That's sweet that you like her so much, good to know it happens.

If you are going to ask her out, I'd advise doing it in person - so the party may be a good time, although if it's her party she might be preoccupied, attending to other people and therefore distracted... So with this in mind, you might want to wait until you have a moment alone with her, outside a lecture hall or something? It can be hard if your other friends are around, extra pressure, so maybe find a not-too-intimidating-alone-moment. As I said, a public type place but with just the two of you.

In terms of telling her how you feel, don't be too full on, you don't want to embarrass yourself or make her uncomfortable. At most say you like spending time with her. I'd advise picking an activity, like going to the cinema and ask her if she'd like to come along or if there is anything she'd like to see. I realise this sounds a bit patronising, but it's easier if you think of it in terms of an activity rather than "oh my god, I can't stop thinking about her and this is my chance..."

Dinner and a movie is usually a relatively safe place to start.
Get drunk.

Get a boombox.

Play Just a dream outside her window.

Pulled.
Reply 7
awww thats soo cute. y do boys never feel that way about me?? :frown:
Reply 8
tell her how you feel - go for it!!!!
Reply 9
Do you also happen to be me? :eek:
Reply 10
that would be a perfect time, you might as well go for it and if you dont succeed then its her loss lol
Reply 11
Tell her, but I wouldn't do it at the party. It wouldn;t be a good idea if either you or her are drinking- you wouldn't get a sincere reaction and it wouldn;t be as romantic/memorable or whatever as you might like it :smile:

But really do tell her, I've told people that I've ha dfeeling for them before and it's worked a treat (and it's also not worked out as well as I'd hoped too). And people have told me before, and even it doesn;t work out, you can;t help but like someone who's that sweet/honest/brave - even if you only be friends :smile:
Reply 12
I've done this before, once the girl wasn't interested as much as I was, but now we're good friends. So if you don't go too overboard, there's nothing to lose.
Reply 13
Flirt a bit, if she doesn't seem to like this, then cool it. If she seems ok then ask her out =) . Just don't go overboard.
Reply 14
Original post by Anonymous
awww thats soo cute. y do boys never feel that way about me?? :frown:

Because they're not into people who reply to their own threads.
Original post by bexter:)
be honest :smile: if you keep tiptoeing around her you may loose your chance :biggrin: !!!!!

this! take your chance now or you will regret it man trust me!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending