The Student Room Group

Accidently told a girl "you look drunk"

So I was out on Thursday night, and I met a girl who turned out to visit in an office near me. They do different stuff to my work but we're owned by the same company. Anyway she gave me her email address and told me to get in contact with her about going to their office and seeing what they do.

After about 5mins her good looking friend came over. We'd been making eye contact all evening and she was showing some interest when she came over. We exchanged names and then she said something to her friend. her friend asked me "what do you think of her dress" and for some unknown reason I just said "It looks nice. But she looks a bit drunk" I don't know why I said this. It was really rude.

And before I got a chance to apologise the girl who works in the other office said to me "you should never tell a girl that! we're going over here" and then walked off.

Anyway, when I email this girl and ask about visiting her office do you think I should say something along the lines of "I hope I didn't offend your friend too much the other night" and just be brutally honest saying that I know it was rude, and I don't know why I said it when she was really pretty?

I'm sort of guessing that I should just leave it, and not say anything. In the hope that either of them have forgotten (probably not).

I'm also guessing there's probably no chance that I will be able to get enough of a rapport with this girl now I've done that. What do you girls think?
Reply 1
Those Girls sound lame to be honest.
Reply 2
Nonsense! I've been told I look drunk several times, and from a girl's point of view, it shouldn't really affect a girl. Infact, sometimes it's reassuring to hear a guy say that, as it's less likely they'll take advantage of you :smile:
Original post by Hooj
Those Girls sound lame to be honest.

This.

If you said "It looks nice, but she looks a bit like a massive fat ****" then she could be a bit upset.
I wouldn't say anything about it, it'd probably only ever come up if y'all got drunk again.
just say that you didnt mean to offend her.
No more than that.
Original post by ritchie888
This.

If you said "It looks nice, but she looks a bit like a massive fat ****" then she could be a bit upset.

literally just laughed out loud :biggrin:
Reply 7
Tell her she looks like a bitch
Reply 8
I'm not sure if you should mention it, but if you do I suggest you go for self effacing, along the lines of 'I'm sorry if I offended your friend, i guess I was pretty drunk myself'.
apologising wouldn't do any harm, but if she really cares that much I wouldn't want anything to do with her rly.
Reply 10
Original post by rimssins
Nonsense! I've been told I look drunk several times, and from a girl's point of view, it shouldn't really affect a girl. Infact, sometimes it's reassuring to hear a guy say that, as it's less likely they'll take advantage of you :smile:

Yeah I thought that, but then I suppose from their point of view they look nice & elegant (or at least they like to think they do) Saying they look drunk is surely just saying they look crap.

I guess I probably didn't help things with the lame "nice" answer. But yeah, I guess you're right. I just thought maybe from their point of view they would think I'm saying they look crap.
Reply 11
I don't see how saying someone looks drunk at a party is an insult?
Reply 12
Those girls sound like they're looking a bit too into it :/ Who cares? If she 'looked drunk' she probably was drunk so why take offence! Seriously chill out, its fine :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending