The Student Room Group

Simon Cowell set for a knighthood... for "services to music"

:lol:

someone is surely having a laugh here

http://www.metro.co.uk/showbiz/826496-simon-cowell-to-be-knighted

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1339867/Queens-New-Years-Honours-List-2011-X-Factors-Simon-Cowell-tipped-knighthood.html

in a few short years Simon Cowell has ruined the once great popular music industry of these islands with his diabolical karaoke reality TV shows

Scroll to see replies

lol :smile: well if Sir Alan can get one, anybody could. No offense to him in all fairness.
Reply 2
Leona Lewis's hairdresser is a ****ing horse groomer.
Reply 3
I think by "services to music" they probably mean "for being famous".
Services to music my arse. Terrible, autotuned, talentless crap he produces.
Reply 5
what is this world coming to?
Reply 6
That metro article is from May referring to the Birthday Honours List from last June. Using that to back up your argument is a bit silly.

So with your only 'current' reference being the Mail, which isn't exactly a beacon of honesty and truth, I call bollox...

Btw, for all those saying he's done music more harm than good and he's ruined it or whatever, you're talking out of your backsides and just jumping on the bandwagon. Pete Waterman had his 'hit factory' back in the 80s which did exactly what the XFactor does now, so it's nothing new.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 7
I just simply agree with all of the above. :biggrin:
Reply 8
I remember when being knighted meant something. Now its just for useless famous people to chuck on their celeb cvs.

Sigh.
Reply 9
:nooo:
Reply 10
Original post by EggmanD
I remember when being knighted meant something. Now its just for useless famous people to chuck on their celeb cvs.

Sigh.

+ Nobel Peace Prize
Reply 11
No-one said that it had to be a good service :s-smilie:.
Karaoke? How exactly is it karaoke?
The queen best be trolling
Reply 14
How ghastly.
Sir Simon Cowell? As if he needs any more of an ego boost.
Haha, you guys care.
:lolwut: This means I should really be made a dame for tearing up the karaoke on occasion. Christ.
Reply 19
God how are people being so dim here?

He's reinvented the tv talent show and completely changed the way entertainment shows work. Good for him :yy:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending