The Student Room Group

The Ugly Friend

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
I don't label other people as the ugly friend, I don't judge people that way.
I do label myself as the ugly friend, however.
Original post by PortiaLovesMcqueen
Yes. It's lovely actually :smile: hence why I get a little shocked when I hear people like my flat mate. I have done volunteering with people with burn scars some were disfigured in the face and I remember how much it warmed my heart at how amazing some of them were :'(

When you look at them they had disfigured features but they were such amazingly beautiful people deep down. :smile:

That's so sweet :smile:

I honestly don't think your flatmate is really a 'friend' to the other girl, no-one would say anything like that about a friend if they truly cared for them and the way they're behaving is just quite mean :s-smilie:

Grrr, I hate girls like that :mad:
Original post by laurie:)
its true though, just because someone's ugly doesn't mean you can't have a fun time and just generally relax and be yourself with the people you genuinely care about!

I doubt you are 'ugly' anyway. Maybe you have friends more attractive than you but maybe on an average scale you're not that bad!
Reply 63
HA.

My boyfriend has spoken about this.
When men say 'taking one for the team'. :biggrin:

we've lost so many good men :cry:
I was always the ugly friend in my group at high school :frown: Actually I think I still am at uni :frown: But I'm also the only one in a solid LTR so it's all good.
It sounds to me like your flatmate has insecurities about her appearance and this is how she deals with it - seeking out people who are 'less' attractive than her. Who's to judge anyway? And just because someone might be perceived to be the least attractive member of a group, they could still be really attractive.
I think it's shocking that people will call others ugly, as we have all felt ugly at some point, or at least in relation to others. How would your flatmate feel if Angelina Jolie called her ugly, or something?
Reply 66
Surely Mary when you genuinely become friends with someone it should be impossible to perceive them as 'ugly'.

That's called being in denial.
Original post by Bubbles0ox
my friends are all really pretty
I think most girls would agree that most of their close friends are at least a bit pretty
idk

why would they think all their friends are pretty? I don't become friends with someone because they're pretty, I become friends with them because I get on well with them. And when I become friends with them, I don't automatically start thinking they're good looking if they're not.
Reply 68
Her and her friends are monumental bitches for saying stuff like that behind her back.
if you don't have an ugly friend, then you're the ugly friend. simples.
Reply 70
jersey shore - making the world a grenade free zone.
Reply 71
I doubt you are 'ugly' anyway. Maybe you have friends more attractive than you but maybe on an average scale you're not that bad!

i am ugly.

i'm the one guys either make fun of and send pretend notes that are either annoying or hateful - you know the ones that say 'i really like you, meet me outside in 10 mins', or the one guys become 'good friends' with, i'm the one they talk to when they have problems with their girlfriends or families but never the one they go out with.

and yeah, sometimes it does make me upset, but most of the time i don't care because its not one of my aims in life, i'm happy to just go pottering about my business, get decent grades and have good friends :smile:
Reply 72
I'm the ugly friend. HA.
Original post by laurie:)
i am ugly.

i'm the one guys either make fun of and send pretend notes that are either annoying or hateful - you know the ones that say 'i really like you, meet me outside in 10 mins', or the one guys become 'good friends' with, i'm the one they talk to when they have problems with their girlfriends or families but never the one they go out with.

and yeah, sometimes it does make me upset, but most of the time i don't care because its not one of my aims in life, i'm happy to just go pottering about my business, get decent grades and have good friends :smile:

Darling, I think you could say you were not in society's view of what is most attractive however the fact that your so sweet and have such a positive attitude towards yourself and other's means you will never be 'ugly' and there will be that one guy you meet who will find you very beautiful.

:smile:

xoxo
Reply 74
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder :smile:
Original post by Converse
That's called being in denial.

Nope. It's psychological. The same way you couldn't find your mother ugly. :smile:
I find having an ugly friend is counter-productive, the girls see them, and go in the opposite direction.
It works better if you carry a puppy or if you can find a baby from somewhere, that gets people interested :biggrin:
Reply 77
I've found that a person's personality affects how I see them physically. When I think about the least attractive people I know, they tend to be people I dislike anyway.
Reply 78
Original post by Lewroll
I find having an ugly friend is counter-productive, the girls see them, and go in the opposite direction.
It works better if you carry a puppy or if you can find a baby from somewhere, that gets people interested :biggrin:

You predator :tongue: !
Original post by Lewroll

A boy I know uses his baby brother to pull. Works every time! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending