The Student Room Group

Misfits

Scroll to see replies

they should either make the episodes longer, or have more of them

preferably the latter....
Original post by Sykez
I hope the next series the episodes are longer. this is what I hate about E4 series. 6 episodes isn't enough and then we have to wait.

I'd take 6 well written, quality episodes over 13 or more episodes which may not have the same quality or charm ( stretched for the sake of more story) any day.
Reply 862
I think Curtis might get immortality. Since that'd mean he could see ghosts and then see Nikki D: But I like Nathan with immortality. Maybe he'll get a new one.

Plus Alisha's power is gone as is Curtis's. So 2 new powers are bound to be coming, but then again Alisha didn't like having a power because she wanted to be a normal couple with Simon. So maybe she just keeps her share of the money and not get a power?

Plus I think the alternate time line might come back in the next series, maybe a future future simon comes back to explain to present Simon wtf happened (:
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
Skins went to **** after series 2. Let's hope the same doesn't happen to Misfits.

I know, loved the first two series' :frown: They've brought in another new cast, so series 5 probably will also be **** (god help us if it's worse than series 4 :eek:)

As long as they don't do loads of series' of Misfits I think it'll stay fine :smile: Maybe keep it to 4 or 5 seasons then finish.
"You're giving birth to an alien!"

I thought the ending was interesting, added a nice little twist to the story. I can't wait for next series now.
Original post by Xhotas

Plus I think the alternate time line might come back in the next series, maybe a future future simon comes back to explain to present Simon wtf happened (:

Time travel is a pretty dangerous thing for writers to play with unless they can get it just right and make it actually make sense without any holes. And not overuse it.

A concept the Heroes' writers struggled with. :tongue:
Original post by gildartz
Something I don't get. In the last episode, we saw the news report with them revealing their powers which we previously saw in future simon's home. But then Curtis travelled back in time and made it so that timeline did not happen, so how is that possible?

This is what bothers me as well. The only possible explanation would be that future Simon can not only travel in time but also between universes. And why are Simon and Alisha together now, since Curtis going back in time would have prevented her revealing the truth to Simon?

This is what happens when writers don't fully think out time travel! :frown:

I reckon Simon's new power will be either time travel or improved agility.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by mellie220
I know, loved the first two series' :frown: They've brought in another new cast, so series 5 probably will also be **** (god help us if it's worse than series 4 :eek:)

As long as they don't do loads of series' of Misfits I think it'll stay fine :smile: Maybe keep it to 4 or 5 seasons then finish.

At least Misfits' characters aren't being replaced. Although, it is funny to note how they all are going to get different powers after series 2 in the same way Skins changed characters after series 2.

So it's like a pretty big change (power switch) without actually changing anything (character switch). :tongue:
Normally I just watch Misfits for a bit of a laugh, but that episode was genuinely great. The only thing I didn't like was how Nathan and the pregnant girl suddenly become an item out of a single conversation. Was kinda hoping for a reason, like when Nathan became obsessed with the baby in season 1.

Choosing their own powers could be cool, but a bit worried it just means they'll all get cool superpowers with no drawbacks. I liked how their powers so far have all been a bit awkward.

Oh, and no way in hell did that locker have £200k in it. £2-3k max! :p:
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Iain 815
This is what bothers me as well. And why are Simon and Alisha together now, since Curtis going back in time would have prevented her revealing the truth to Simon?

This is what happens when writers don't fully think out time travel! :frown:

I reckon Simon's new power will be either time travel or improved agility.

Also, it seems the current timeline is the same as future simon's timeline. So, if he knew that going back in time wouldn't change anything and would only lead to his timeline, why did he travel back?
Reply 870
I do hope due to good ratings make it a 12 episode series.
Something I don't get. In the last episode, we saw the news report with them revealing their powers which we previously saw in future simon's home. But then Curtis travelled back in time and made it so that timeline did not happen, so how is that possible?

Pure speculation: that actually happened in Future Simon's alternate timeline?

Original post by Iain 815
And why are Simon and Alisha together now, since Curtis going back in time would have prevented her revealing the truth to Simon?

As many people have said, she probably told him within the 3 month gap in their world between last episode and today's episode. Don't think there was any need to relive Simon's reaction since we sort of already know how he reacts.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 872
I'd take 6 well written, quality episodes over 13 or more episodes which may not have the same quality or charm ( stretched for the sake of more story) any day.

Either 6 episode shorter time between series's or 13 well written quality episodes and a year break.
Reply 873
Do we think the next series will continue as if following the Christmas episode or take place in the 3 months that were skipped?
Pure speculation: that actually happened in Future Simon's alternate timeline?

As many people have said, she probably told him within the 3 month gap in their world between last episode and today's episode.

If that happened then Simon would be dead. It also seems that the current and future simon's timeline are the same, how else would future simon have known how to beat the tattoo guy, when to go to each event and when to eventually die? It must have happened before for him to have done all of this.
If that happened then Simon would be dead. It also seems that the current and future simon's timeline are the same, how else would future simon have known how to beat the tattoo guy, when to go to each event and when to eventually die? It must have happened before for him to have done all of this.

Well yes, Alisha is not the only one he saved. Note: Nathan, Curtis etc

It's either all happened in a straight line which doesn't make sense. How would he have noted down each time it happened? The exact times.

Or it's happened several times, and he's went back several times to get the timing just right.
(edited 13 years ago)
Also, it seems the current timeline is the same as future simon's timeline. So, if he knew that going back in time wouldn't change anything and would only lead to his timeline, why did he travel back?

I think it might be because (I think) he said that his time with Alisha was the best of his life, and he felt more confident and alive. And since Alisha told him he came back in time to save her, he knew when he came back he had to die. This would follow the infinite loop kind of time travel explained above.

Then the question would be at what time in the future does Simon go back and why then? I reckon Alisha must die or something.

*head explodes*
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 877
Original post by Svenjamin
Normally I just watch Misfits for a bit of a laugh, but that episode was genuinely great. The only thing I didn't like was how Nathan and the pregnant girl suddenly become an item out of a single conversation. Was kinda hoping for a reason, like when Nathan became obsessed with the baby in season 1.

i didn't really get this either, i mean there's love at first sight but... not like that. I hope this doesn't drag into the third series :/
A bit like The Time Machine - H. G. Wells.
Well yes, Alisha is not the only one he saved. Note: Nathan, Curtis etc

It's either all happened in a straight line which doesn't make sense. How would he have noted down each time it happened? The exact times.

Or it's happened several times, and he's went back several times to get the timing just right.

But if he has travelled to so many alternate timelines then wouldn't that be too risky? I mean, future Simon said that he was risking a lot by simply travelling to the current timeline, let alone the many other timelines required to get the timings right. This is really confusing :confused:

Quick Reply

Latest