The Student Room Group

Misfits

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Shippy
i didn't really get this either, i mean there's love at first sight but... not like that. I hope this doesn't drag into the third series :/

I hope they do. Nathan seemed very keen to protect the baby, and when it came out he said it looked like him even though it clearly wasn't his. Loads of possibilities for storyline in there. The third season could revolve around the baby if they wanted it to.
Original post by gildartz
Something I don't get. In the last episode, we saw the news report with them revealing their powers which we previously saw in future simon's home. But then Curtis travelled back in time and made it so that timeline did not happen, so how is that possible?

Maybe future Simon can travel between various time continua, that is, maybe he can still travel to the point in time in which that happened, although that will not be a memory of any of the characters besides Curtis.
But if he has travelled to so many alternate timelines then wouldn't that be too risky? I mean, future Simon said that he was risking a lot by simply travelling to the current timeline, let alone the many other timelines required to get the timings right. This is really confusing :confused:

It is and we are probably over-analysing things whilst the writers will write in some deus ex machina. Let us not dwell on the past future present. :tongue:

It's a bit confusing though. There are many instances where several of the characters could have died aka there are many variables.

Important notices though.

He saved Curtis when Nathan was pinned down as Simon's ex got to work. But he had already saved Nathan by telling Kelly where he was buried and hence he had changed the entire future.

Furthermore, he saved Nathan when he was mortal from the blast. How on earth can he know Nathan survived the graveyard if he hadn't already intervened.

Answer: when you change something, the future self is aware of it because the past self experiences it. Like a new memory popping up. He doesn't need to travel several times then. :beard:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 883
Original post by Svenjamin
I hope they do. Nathan seemed very keen to protect the baby, and when it came out he said it looked like him even though it clearly wasn't his. Loads of possibilities for storyline in there. The third season could revolve around the baby if they wanted it to.

More time travel where Nathan got her pregnant? :holmes:
Nah I'm sure that was just Nathan being Nathan. And I'm sure she would have recognised him.

I just had a thought, the guy that bought the rewind time power must have been really old to be able to rewind time far enough to a point where he and Hitler were both alive. Unless the guy that bought it didn't think about the fact that he would only be able to rewind to a point that he was alive.
Original post by Sykez
But I believe future Simon made an alternative timeline so he doesn't have to go back.

I've just done some research about time travel and I think I agree with the alternate theory as well. It seems to be more feasible than everything being fixed in one place. He created an alternate future and so there's no need for him to time-travel again.
Original post by G8D
Didn't Simon mention at some point that his time travel was special in some way? I don't remember specifics, but I think he did.
This could mean he won't need to go back (again).

Did he? That would be excellent news.

Original post by Iain 815
This is what bothers me as well. The only possible explanation would be that future Simon can not only travel in time but also between universes. And why are Simon and Alisha together now, since Curtis going back in time would have prevented her revealing the truth to Simon?

This is what happens when writers don't fully think out time travel! :frown:

I reckon Simon's new power will be either time travel or improved agility.

Unless Alisha told him anyway.
I think that part of his power will be immunity to other people with powers, like Alisha's, which would be why he would have been able to touch her when he came to the present.
If that happened then Simon would be dead. It also seems that the current and future simon's timeline are the same, how else would future simon have known how to beat the tattoo guy, when to go to each event and when to eventually die? It must have happened before for him to have done all of this.

Why would he be dead? This is in future Simon's past.
If Nathan got Alisha's lust power. :awesome:
Reply 887

Don't you ever find it weird that none of E4's original shows like misfits, Inbetweeners and skins are never shown at the same time as eachother. Now Misfits is over, skins will start soon.
Original post by Sykez
Don't you ever find it weird that none of E4's original shows like misfits, Inbetweeners and skins are never shown at the same time as eachother. Now Misfits is over, skins will start soon.

Not weird. :tongue: A lot of channels do that. Keeps up audience rates during the year. :tongue:
Original post by Shippy
i didn't really get this either, i mean there's love at first sight but... not like that. I hope this doesn't drag into the third series :/

Somebody earlier mentioned that Nathan could get the ability to travel in time and impregnate that girl - this would ultimately explain his love for the baby.
Just decided to pop by the thread and the last few posts had me super confused.

Then I realised that there must've been a new episode out already after Thursday's and now I'm really hoping that I have the power to forget.
Reply 891
With the time travel bit, I can see the writers in an interview just sort of going "Because we felt like it." Doesn't necessarily have to have a reason for doing it, maybe he just sorta, happened. The whole "Asbo 5" sorta says that in the future, another future Simon had to have told Kelly to save Nathan and such. I'd imagine it'd be a load of universes going into each other, like:

- Universe A = All the gang are dead except Simon and Nathan is turned into a purity slave from the first series. Simon makes a deal with the power arranging guy to go to Universe B
- Universe B = He saves Nathan and then the rest of the episodes plan out, Simon A goes off and has a new identity (Because this is comic book guy Simon, he'll do his own thing because he doesn't love Alisha at this point.) But Curtis dies from not being saved and the tattoo guy ends up killing Kelly (Since Curtis is gone, anything could happen.) So Simon B goes to Universe C
- Universe C = Same shizzle as B and goes on in that sort of fashion. At some point in the universes, Simon falls in love with Alisha for whatever reason.
- Universe Q = Our favourite universe.

Don't know why I think that, but in my mind it makes sense. Feel free to rip that apart as you like with things I've forgotten about the series :')

+ Baby is blates going to have superpowers. I hope he doesn't, I think it'd be more interesting if the baby just acts like a normal baby. Or just has a ridiculous power like super poo.
Original post by Xhotas
Come back when your mum is rid of all the christian propaganda.

No it is the truth, you have simply been indoctrinated by Dawkinist swill and regurtiate it in an attempt to discredit religious peoplts
Reply 893
Original post by Transubstantiation
No it is the truth, you have simply been indoctrinated by Dawkinist swill and regurtiate it in an attempt to discredit religious peoplts

who's dawkinist?
Original post by Xhotas
who's dawkinist?

Typical atheist, not even knowing who their main spokesman is; i think you've embarrassed yourself suffeciently, so please reconsider before spouting atheistic drivel in my presence, thank you.
Reply 895
Original post by G8D
I like sex.

Lies.

back to misfits pls.
Reply 896
I love misfits, I actually got teary in the last episode :frown:
I didnt really like this ep, yet I dont know why. I loved the whole buying and selling concept, and I also think they left lots of possibilities open with the end, but I dont think the episode had much to it really.

And as for all this time travel shiz, I dont like to think as deep as most people on here haha, I just accept it. Only thing that really annoyed me how I actually liked the way Simon found out after future him, but since Curtis turned back time Alisha must have just told him in the three month gap. I cant imagine her just telling him, seems too casual.
Reply 898
Wait, didn't it show Simon seeing the picture again AFTER Curtis rewound time?
Reply 899
Nikki nooooooooooo! :zomg:

Love how the episode has opened up the plot for the next series. That's all I really have to add for the moment. But so many questions!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending