The Student Room Group

How many pressies do your parents give you?

Scroll to see replies

I get **** all....

anyone wanna donate some?
I get like 10 things such as dresses or luxury makeup or skincare items from my mum. And then stocking fillers like chocolates. My stepdad will usually get me a coat and jeans or something. That is more than enough for me! It's great in my opinion! So 30 or 40 must be mindblowing...
(edited 13 years ago)
ITT: a LOT of spoilt children!

(and I thought my parents were generous!)

Our Christmas is done on quality not quantity :p:

I'd rather have one nice present than 30/40 things from poundland..

This year i'm getting money towards an 8GB iPod Touch (they're not buying it outright :p:) and then if i'm lucky I might have 3/4 token presents.
Original post by Luceria
Yes, it has been done but still.

Over 10 presents? What? If your parents are filthy rich, it's somewhat understandable. But most people I know only get one (big) present from their parents.
I've never gotten more than 1-2 presents from my parents. Now that I'm an 'adult' and 19, I hardly get any presents. I still get a present from my parents, but
when you're an adult you start receiving less gifts from other family members.

Haha i'm glad others immediately thought of Dudley!
This year I am not expecting much, and tbh I wasn't expecting a lot anyway. There isn't anything I need or want, the most important thing to me on xmas day is family.
Original post by I'm_Unsafe.
Lol, it's threads like this that make me realise how poor I am.

See i'd say this is true but the OP said she lives in a council house..

I guess people's parents just choose to spend money differently. :dontknow:

For me, presents are not the meaning of christmas - for me it's about spending time with family and a christmas dinner :ahee:
(edited 13 years ago)
Anyone else think wtf at the amount of people that still have stockings? Reeeally?!
Original post by Melting Sugar.
See i'd say this is true but the OP said she lives in a council house..

I guess people's parents just choose to spend money differently. :dontknow:

For me, presents are not the meaning of christmas - for me it's about spending time with family and a christmas dinner :ahee:

which is weird since her dad also pays her university fees. (seen it in another thread)
can't be that poor.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 168
Haha i'm glad others immediately thought of Dudley!

Haha, yes! Dudley's voice was the first thing I heard in my head when I saw this thread.

"36! But last year, last year I had 37!"
It would vary but not that much. You get 30-40 from your parents alone?

I was thinking the same thing...
Original post by CookieDoughLove
So i've been talking to a few people (teens like myself (19), and they say on average at Christmas they get like 10-12 gifts from the parents Which i'm a little shocked at, because I usually get between 30 and 40 (I thought this was normal) :confused:

So are they just not as spoilt, or is it about normal?

How many do you guys get? I'm curious now! It's not something I considered before.

Honestly, about one thing.

Thank-you for ruining my Christmas.
Original post by hannah_dru
I've only got one parent and I don't get a set amount. This year I've already had 2 (DVD's) and am quite happy with a box of chocolates from the corner shop for Christmas Day as my mum has been ill and housebound since September. Really couldn't care less about presents, for me it's about being with my family.

I immediately think youre a fantastic person. I'd very much like to see you backhand OP and take her presents and then break them.
Original post by DesignFreak
which is weird since her dad also pays her university fees. (seen it in another thread)
can't be that poor.

or in a heck of a lot of debt..
Good lord, you're a lucky duck OP :smile:

My parents like to get me a bunch of what we call "wrappy-uppies", about 5-10 usually - DVDs, bubble baths, books, that kind of thing - I have an extensive collection of tacky Christmas pyjamas. :u:

And reading this back I sound rather spoilt.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 174
Normally one big present/two smaller ones (eg camera or DVD box set + more expensive book) and about 10 stocking fillers (a chocolate orange, a poster, a couple of books, maybe a DVD, a mug (always a mug!), a photo frame...), then one thing from each of my three sisters and from godparents if they remember. People relaly get 30-40 presents from parents alone?!
Original post by CookieDoughLove
So i've been talking to a few people (teens like myself (19), and they say on average at Christmas they get like 10-12 gifts from the parents Which i'm a little shocked at, because I usually get between 30 and 40 (I thought this was normal) :confused:

So are they just not as spoilt, or is it about normal?

How many do you guys get? I'm curious now! It's not something I considered before.

30-40!?:eek: What the actual ****ing hell?!
Is this normal?
I think i need to have a few words with my parents
I get about 5 from my parents (at the most)
I average about 3
Calm down Lewroll, its about the giving, not the receiving...who the flip am i kidding, its about the receiving!!!
Yeah, I get a few as well. My mum is the only person I've met who enjoys getting people things to just see the look on their faces, not because they have too. And my Grandparents, too, like to get people gifts also... Meh, maybe I'm just spoilt.
Still, I get lots of presents for my family as well, so I don't just get 'em and give nothing back. We're a very Christmas-y family, though; and likewise with Birthday's too we all pitch in for each other.
I don't think, on reflection, it is due to being spoilt, actually. I think its more we're just far to giving. :p:
Original post by iPodAddict93
I only get about 100-150 presents for Christmas, each worth at least £50. Any less and I tell them where to shove it. I have standards.

LOL jk, I don't go round bragging how many presents I get.

You think i'm bragging? No, not in the slightest. I did state clearly that I was confused by what other people get, I did not make this thread to say hey look at me, look what Father Christmas brings me, I was just curious because the other forum confused me!
Original post by Luceria
Yes, it has been done but still.

Over 10 presents? What? If your parents are filthy rich, it's somewhat understandable. But most people I know only get one (big) present from their parents.
I've never gotten more than 1-2 presents from my parents. Now that I'm an 'adult' and 19, I hardly get any presents. I still get a present from my parents, but
when you're an adult you start receiving less gifts from other family members.

How strange. My Dad is not rich, he just saves a lot over the year.

I used to watch tv soaps and say wow, why do they only get like 1 gift, people aren't like that in real life, how wrong was I! Apparantly I am ignorant to the situation :colondollar:
ITT: a LOT of spoilt children!

(and I thought my parents were generous!)

Our Christmas is done on quality not quantity :p:

I'd rather have one nice present than 30/40 things from poundland..

This year i'm getting money towards an 8GB iPod Touch (they're not buying it outright :p:) and then if i'm lucky I might have 3/4 token presents.

:rolleyes: They aren't from Poundland.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending