The Student Room Group

The Ugly Friend

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by PortiaLovesMcqueen
Yes.

I remember there was this guy in my college when I first saw him I thought 'meh' but then as time went on and I got to get a feel of his personality I really fancied him and I started liking his physical appearance more and more.

Really odd.

lol, personality? okay theres is avarage looking girl at work, she is really nice and says all the right things, if she was hot i would defo go for it, but because i dont find her attractive i could never be with her. When people talk about personality thats bull. Yeh it's important but the girl also has to be good looking. Otherwise personality dont do anything for me.

I dont get people that say personality is the most important thing. That may be because they are average themselves? (btw this is not about Mcqueen) i just dont get how people can find someone attractive purely because of their personality.
Reply 101
Original post by Lewroll
Thank you, thank you :u:. However sometimes the situation arises where there is no baby or puppy, in which case i suggest walking around with just a dog lead, then go up to the girl and tell her youve lost the puppy, she will help you look and the BOW CHICKA WOW WOW (i havent tried this myself but who knows, it could work :biggrin:)

Don't play, you know you've tried it :tongue:
Original post by Onge
lol, personality? okay theres is avarage looking girl at work, she is really nice and says all the right things, if she was hot i would defo go for it, but because i dont find her attractive i could never be with her. When people talk about personality thats bull. Yeh it's important but the girl also has to be good looking. Otherwise personality dont do anything for me.

I dont get people that say personality is the most important thing. That may be because they are average themselves? (btw this is not about Mcqueen) i just dont get how people can find someone attractive purely because of their personality.

I used to be like that. But you'll change your mind one day. There's millions of hot girls out there, no shortage of that, and that's okay. But I want better than okay. Only speaking for myself here, but it's the personality that makes the difference for me. Is it worth committing yourself to someone just because they're hot? It's just not worth the time is it.. you want something rare and special, not just another hot girl.
Original post by Converse
Why is your text so spaced out? Does it make it easier for you to keep your bearings? It's not a problem, I know some people struggle. I will try to be as clear as possible with you.

Anyway, you said "when you genuinely become friends with someone it should be impossible to perceive them as 'ugly''. What is this drivel? Allow me to present you with a situation so that you can better understand what is right.

The situation: A guy that you find ugly is completely infatuated with you (you do not know this guy at all and he is ugly). A few months later he no longer likes you and you two become very close friends as you found out that you have a lot in common.

Does this individual suddenly become less ugly because he is now your friend? No.

Don't get me wrong, I don't believe that a real friend should/would put their friend down just because they are ugly, I am just saying that people don't automatically become beautiful because you are friends with them.

You do not understand my question, I doubt you ever will. You're a joke.

You have given me the wrong answer, read all the answers and understand.I have gathered the answers I need from this thread.

IT IS POSSIBLE for a person's perception of someone's physical appearance to change over time. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. It will never be 'you're ugly and that's it' .I t will never be that simple.

Accept you got the answer wrong and go to another thread I don't appreciate how rude and immature you are either. Learning difficulties? That was completely uncalled for.

However I choose to type or space out my letter is not a reflection of how intelligent I am, for you to think that shows how stupid you are. This is an INTERNET thread not an examination room.

It should never be taken as seriously as you did. Yuck.

Bye.
Reply 104
Original post by ShnnyShiz
I used to be like that. But you'll change your mind one day. There's millions of hot girls out there, no shortage of that, and that's okay. But I want better than okay. Only speaking for myself here, but it's the personality that makes the difference for me. Is it worth committing yourself to someone just because they're hot? It's just not worth the time is it.. you want something rare and special, not just another hot girl.

i cant say what will happen, but in my previous relationships the girls were hot and had great/ish personality, so why cant you have both?? Yes i may sound vein, but its girls looks that attracts me to them in the first place otherwise i wouldn't even bother :/
Original post by Onge

Onge, that's a very important point you have raised there, I think sexual attraction will always be mainly based on physical attributes, however when it comes to platonic friendship physical features shouldn't be a key thing.

Sexual attraction is completely different.

:smile:
Original post by ShnnyShiz

My father says this is something which comes with age and maturity ( not as if people who don't think this way are not mature ).
Reply 107
Onge, that's a very important point you have raised there, I think sexual attraction will always be mainly based on physical attributes, however when it comes to platonic friendship physical features shouldn't be a key thing.

you couldn't try and sound more like a teacher if you tried lol. Yes but i can still tell if my friends are ugly/good looking. And yes it doesn't bother me at all, and guys generally dont go around asking if they are pretty. Well knowing some of my mates.. being vein as me, they probably do lol.
Reply 108
I personally see myself as the "ugly one" in my group of friends, but I still have a boyfriend who loves me and finds me attractive. Well I hope he does anyway, else he's in big trouble.
Beauty's in the eye of the beholder and all that. Stupid media society, everyone's too obssessed with looks nowadays. Life's short, who cares if you're ugly, enjoy it anyway!
You do not understand my question, I doubt you ever will. You're a joke.

You have given me the wrong answer, read all the answers and understand.I have gathered the answers I need from this thread.

IT IS POSSIBLE for a person's perception of someone's physical appearance to change over time. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. It will never be 'you're ugly and that's it' .I t will never be that simple.

Accept you got the answer wrong and go to another thread I don't appreciate how rude and immature you are either. Learning difficulties? That was completely uncalled for.

However I choose to type or space out my letter is not a reflection of how intelligent I am, for you to think that shows how stupid you are. This is an INTERNET thread not an examination room.

It should never be taken as seriously as you did. Yuck.

Bye.

I love the way you avoided my main point.

This is purely opinion-based. How can I be wrong? You sure you don't have learning difficulties? Ever been tested.

I do however agree with your penultimate paragraph.:smile:

Peace.
Reply 110

And anyway, people should be able to tell if their good looking, initially you will always get looks from hot girls, or by that matter any girls. It's just pointless telling someone their good looking, because probably deep down they know its not true..
No. If someones ugly, theyre ugly man. It could be your best mate or your worst enemy. I don't care how much I like someone, if they're not attractive then thats the way it is. Sure, you could still find things about them attractive, sense of humour, dress sense and so forth but never will someone go from "minger" to "hottie" just because theyre your mate.

True story.
Original post by Hazular
I personally see myself as the "ugly one" in my group of friends, but I still have a boyfriend who loves me and finds me attractive. Well I hope he does anyway, else he's in big trouble.
Beauty's in the eye of the beholder and all that. Stupid media society, everyone's too obssessed with looks nowadays. Life's short, who cares if you're ugly, enjoy it anyway!

This is a lovely way to see it. I think the fact that you have a boyfriend who has found beauty in you shows you are beautiful.

At the expense of sounding like a cliche beauty really IS in the eye of the beholder. People don't ask to be born 'ugly' or with looks which don't suit social moulds and unless they are going to spend £££££ on a Heidi Montag style cosmetic surgery makeover they will have to make the best of life that they can and surround themselves with people who find beauty in them.
:biggrin:
My father says this is something which comes with age and maturity ( not as if people who don't think this way are not mature ).

Jeesh. You're making me sound ancient here even though you're probably older than me. :wink:
It's kind of sad though. I'm not even at uni yet and I'm all partied out. Shouldn't have gone out so much!
Reply 114
People don't ask to be born 'ugly' or with looks which don't suit social moulds and unless they are going to spend £££££ on a Heidi Montag style cosmetic surgery makeover they will have to make the best of life that they can and surround themselves with people who find beauty in them.
:biggrin:

Yeah and have you seen the state of her recently? Bless her, she looked so much better before she had any work done :frown:
Original post by Onge
And anyway, people should be able to tell if their good looking, initially you will always get looks from hot girls, or by that matter any girls. It's just pointless telling someone their good looking, because probably deep down they know its not true..

HA!

It's weird though like a mother will always find her child beautiful or when you meet a boy who thinks his girlfriend is AMAZING and all his friends think she's just average.

Ahhhhh
Original post by Hazular
Yeah and have you seen the state of her recently? Bless her, she looked so much better before she had any work done :frown:

I know right? I think she looks insane, like a weird doll, she should have given that money she spent on the surgery to me instead. I think she has mental issues because if she genuinely believes she looks better now :eek:
HA!

It's weird though like a mother will always find her child beautiful or when you meet a boy who thinks his girlfriend is AMAZING and all his friends think she's just average.

Ahhhhh
Shall I take your lack of reply to me as a win on my part?
You can't even admit loss. Pathetic.
Reply 118
HA!

Ahhhhh

lol and you'd think they know! Ahhhh indeed!
Reply 119
Original post by Angela_Beth
I've lost all ability to look at my close friends subjectively.

I think they're all pretty and I have genuinely no idea who would be judged as the most attractive.

Do you mean 'objectively'?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending