The Student Room Group

21st Fear- Paedophiles, cameras, attacks, "evil" nannies, "poisoned" meat, etc...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
op why are you scared about your 21st
Original post by Transubstantiation
it is due to the enroachment of Atheism in this once perfect society, which has now collapsed to a moral abyss due to amoral practises of the Godless.

Damn, trolls are rapidly decreasing in quality.
Reply 42
No, it is based on Gods love - that is simply atheist propaganda against the rightful Church, to cause destruction of society...all atheism is, is a method to control poor niave teenagers, and have forced upon them moral standards of amoral atheists, so i fail to see how it worse than christianity...

Because it doesn't leave people with a life-long fear of spending eternity in hell? Because it doesn't shelter paedophiles? Because it doesn't position itself as one of the major forces against scientific progress worldwide? Because it doesn't propagate bare-faced lies(a la evolution, dinosaurs et al)?

oh and don't even get me started on the absurdities of transubstantiation
Original post by SomethingWicked
Damn, trolls are rapidly decreasing in quality.

Go educate yourself please, atheism is responsible for the decadence and destruction of a once utopian society...
Reply 44
Original post by cellophane11
I don't live in the US.
I am certain my Dad is not going to rape me.
I am not a child.

The police recorded 41,460 most serious sexual offences in 2007/08. These offences accounted for 77 per cent
of total sexual offences and just under one per cent of all recorded crime in 2007/08.

UK Home Office

I never SAID THAT YOUR DAD WAS GOING TO RAPE YOU. But thinking that you cannot be raped because you are "hardcore":rolleyes: seems an irrational excuse. Of course, you are not child, but you can get raped too.
PS: Most sexual offences happen at home. Again, I'm not calling your Daddy rapist. Anyway, coming to the topic, the thing is seeing the growing industry of safety (against rape too) as we become more and more paranoic.
Reply 45
Original post by beecher
errghh bluddy hate elf and safety bunch of useless jobsworth idiots why can't we just have a little bit iof LIBERTY back in our lives

so true.

Health & Safety, Political correctness & Risk Assessments have cost lives.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article6652450.ece

The country has gone mad.
Reply 46
no, just because you don't respect my faith doesn't automatically make me a troll...

I think you're a troll because you're trying to prove lies as truth
Reply 47
Original post by SoulfulBoy
Neither me.

PS I haven't said that. You have created your own misinterpretation.

Ah. Apologies for assuming that we were working in the real world here.

PS there's one more hope...did you mean 'authority' metaphorically, referring to the ingrained social culture that, even should all formal institutions be destroyed, would remain influencing our decisions?
Original post by Planar
Because it doesn't leave people with a life-long fear of spending eternity in hell? Because it doesn't shelter paedophiles? Because it doesn't position itself as one of the major forces against scientific progress worldwide? Because it doesn't propagate bare-faced lies(a la evolution, dinosaurs et al)?

oh and don't even get me started on the absurdities of transubstantiation

No, it motivates people to do good, as opposed to turning towards atheism

The church has never sheilded pedophiles, do some research before coming up with ridiculous propaganda...

Science is merely fictious anyway, its simply to act "proof" to insane raving atheists who can't argue against the absolute truth of religion, such as the laughable attempts to discredit creationism..
Reply 49
Original post by cybergrad
States can control people with fear easier. It makes people think that they will not make it without the help and control from the state.

But they won't. :confused:

it is due to the enroachment of Atheism in this once perfect society, which has now collapsed to a moral abyss due to amoral practises of the Godless.

Keep the faith strong bro. :top:

Science is merely fictious anyway, its simply to act "proof" to insane raving atheists who can't argue against the absolute truth of religion, such as the laughable attempts to discredit creationism..

Wait? :curious: WTF?!
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Planar
I think you're a troll because you're trying to prove lies as truth

no, you are just ignoring my arguments and spouting Dawkinist bile,
Reply 51
Excuse me, that is highly insensistive to those who have faith...i can't stand indoctrinated atheist

'So you are racist, and trying to blame religion for your racism...typical atheist smear tactics.

and dinosaurs didn't exist, it is merely "science fiction", to mislead people into the cult of science.'

I really can't tell if this is genius satire or the stupidest thing brought to us by the 'faith community' since the banning of contraception.
Reply 52
Original post by DarkWhite

Drive slow - within the speed limit. It's not for fear of crashing so much as know it's sensible.

Eat healthy - again, not so much fear as knowing it's good for you, and healthy food'sdelicious when you grow up eating it.

Don't smoke - proven health disadvantages; again not so much fear as sensible.

Watch your nannie (she might be mistreating your child) - what?! If you have a nanny, chances are it's because you don't have enough time to fit everything into the day, without watching over him/her.

He looks like that famous paedophile...(riots) innocent people attacked at being mistaken by famous paedophiles. - still have no idea what you're on about, but if people are being attacked because people think they're a paedophile, it's probably because paedophiles acting cause serious problems for children and the child's family and friends. Acting on such instincts is simply regarded as 'sick'.

London Underground has a guide about how to use escalators!!! - probably so that people don't stand on the left and block the way for people who are in a rush.

Meat eating panic - seriously, who has this? Veggies/vegans don't eat it for their personal reasons; some people avoid it for religious reasons, and the rest of us just eat emat, right?

Whilst I agree that we probably have a lot less balls than people in the medieval times, it's probably because everyone back then was willing to go and have it out with anyone who dared to bother them; whereas today, most brutality is illegal.

I can't honestly say that I have a fear of anything you've listed. Otherwise,
most fear is justified

That was what Bush said before sending his soldiers due to the famous massive weapons. The type of fear I'm talking about is close to paranoid. I'm talking about mass panic. Is that "justified?" However it is a fact exploited by the media and corporations.
Original post by DJkG.1

Its obvious that science is simply propaganda to support atheistic belief; science has no proof for fossils, and having to make frankly laughable claims such as the earth being 4.3 billion years old to support their claim shows it is nothing but a lot of tosh.
Original post by niall c
I really can't tell if this is genius satire or the stupidest thing brought to us by the 'faith community' since the banning of contraception.

how dare you question the seriousness fo which i uphold my faith, go educate yourself as opposed to reguritating Dawkinist bile, it is getting very tiresome.
no, you are just ignoring my arguments and spouting Dawkinist bile,

Jog on preacher, if I wanted religious rubbish shoved down my throat I wouldn't lie on the floor when Jehovahs Witnesses knock on my door. Your religious, hooray for you, don't try and mock others for not thinking the same way as you do - especially when your beliefs have very little basis in fact.

Laughable attempts? Whats it you believe in again? Oh, a benevolent zombie thats coming back to save you. Yeah, good luck with that.
Original post by DiZZeeKiD
Jog on preacher, if I wanted religious rubbish shoved down my throat I wouldn't lie on the floor when Jehovahs Witnesses knock on my door. Your religious, hooray for you, don't try and mock others for not thinking the same way as you do - especially when your beliefs have very little basis in fact.

Laughable attempts? Whats it you believe in again? Oh, a benevolent zombie thats coming back to save you. Yeah, good luck with that.

pure rubbish, if you want to spout the rehashed words of "Prophet Dawkins" then i am not interested.

again, until science/atheism comes up with reconcilable facts and proofs, then i see no reason why religion should be scrutinised.
Reply 57
Original post by DJkG.1

¿?

:biggrin:

:biggrin:
Reply 58
No, it motivates people to do good, as opposed to turning towards atheism

The church has never sheilded pedophiles, do some research before coming up with ridiculous propaganda...

The church certainly motivated me to do some good - its blatant nonsense moved me to atheism.

Paedophiles: http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2010/1217/breaking35.html

What exactly do you think constitutes proof anyway? Anything the bible says? Because I've got a whole page of biblical contradictions
Reply 59
Its obvious that science is simply propaganda to support atheistic belief; science has no proof for fossils, and having to make frankly laughable claims such as the earth being 4.3 billion years old to support their claim shows it is nothing but a lot of tosh.

:eek:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending