The Student Room Group

Awful nightmare

Just wanted to tell someone about it really.

I fell asleep an hour ago, and my dream turned to me playing Xbox in my room. But slowly it got dark inside so I couldn't see and the only light was me moving the xbox control around. Then a faceless, topless man told me to turn off the Xbox and was furious with me. As this happened I started to forget things and couldn't even remember if I was in my room or what my room looked like. It scared me out of my sleep where I experienced sleep paralysis and hallucinated a figure was over me, but they were silhouetted. The moment I lashed out they disappeared.

Now I really can't get back to sleep :frown:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2
I hate waking with sleep paralysis, especially as it always comes with hallucinations. I'm too scared to go back to sleep after in case it happens again. I find that falling asleep to music helps. The faceless guy sounds bloody scary.
I've just moved back home from uni for the holidays but the last couple of times I've come home and slept in my bed I've had nightmares and/or sleep paralysis and now it's happened again the first night back. I don't have anything of the sort anywhere else. Wondering if there's something in the room causing it.
Reply 4
It's probably your dad
Original post by ash-corbett-collins
I've just moved back home from uni for the holidays but the last couple of times I've come home and slept in my bed I've had nightmares and/or sleep paralysis and now it's happened again the first night back. I don't have anything of the sort anywhere else. Wondering if there's something in the room causing it.

im too scared to go to bed now. thanks for that :frown:
Original post by Diaz89
It's probably your dad

i can't stop laughing at this
Reply 7
I'll come over and hold you <3
Reply 8
This actually sounds terrible :lolwut:
I used to have something similar when I got sleep paralysis, I'd wake up and there would be a silhouetted figure by my bed. It was really horrible and i'd just try and move myself around loads until I was awake properly. It's really weird when you try and say something as well because you know you're trying to speak but you can't hear anything, just in your head :s It's such a weird experience.
Reply 10
Was it a wet dream?
Reply 11
Reply 12
Was it This Man?

I've had sleep paralysis a few times and it can be absolutely terrifying.
Reply 13
Original post by Gardocki
Was it This Man?

I am trying not to click on the link lol

This thread has freaked me out a bit
Reply 14
Don't worry about it, no need to be scared! Just try to take control of it.

I get it all the time, and I'm 90% sure sleep depriving yourself has alot to do with its occurance.
Yesterday morning I was lieing in bed at the end of one of those long confusing adventures when a dark silouette was stood over me telling me that it had me and there was nothing I could do about it. I was kinda scared but immediately knew I was dreaming. I always figure when weird **** is going on that I'm dreaming (which is why trippy drugs aren't good for me lol). When I tried to turn to my right or close my mouth I understood what was going on. The thing was laughing at me not being able to turn so I tried to /dontcare it and I tried to say "your not real" which I'm sure must've came out in real life has a weird exhale through my open mouth lol. When I couldn't speak properly I tried so hard to say "**** youuu" and raged haha.

Anyway I couldn't talk, and was trying to figure out what to do. I used all my concentration an tried to wake up - like face scrunched up, making myself awake as 'hard' as I could. When that failed I tried holding my breath to force me awake because I reckon your body wakes up when you don't breathe (in hindsight I don't think I actually was holding my breath in real life, especially because I stopped holding it because it wasn't working, not because I was out of breath). This always works in other dreams but not in sleep paralysis for me, so I kind of resigned waking up.

I honestly thought to myself "right, your in this dream so your going to have to just play it out" and sort of relaxed. I swear to god I decided "I might as well have some fun while I'm here" and turned the thing into a girl I know and kind of forced it to give me a handjob, but she kind of resisted and it took alot of concentration lol (having sex with girls in dreams, knowing that you are dreaming is great because you can literally do whatever you want lol). I then kindof 'made' her give me head with my thoughts, and as it was feeling good I sortof realised I was awake. Good times.

I don't think I had a hardon when I woke up, which is probably why it required so much concentration to get her to do stuff.

In b4 coolstorybro.jpg

EDIT: First time it happened it was really confusing and I was so angry at that **** ing little troll guy that was stealing mystuff and holding me prisoner. fuuuuuuu
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 15
Original post by Ricky116
Don't worry about it, no need to be scared! Just try to take control of it.

I get it all the time, and I'm 90% sure sleep depriving yourself has alot to do with its occurance.
Yesterday morning I was lieing in bed at the end of one of those long confusing adventures when a dark silouette was stood over me telling me that it had me and there was nothing I could do about it. I was kinda scared but immediately knew I was dreaming. I always figure when weird **** is going on that I'm dreaming (which is why trippy drugs aren't good for me lol). When I tried to turn to my right or close my mouth I understood what was going on. The thing was laughing at me not being able to turn so I tried to /dontcare it and I tried to say "your not real" which I'm sure must've came out in real life has a weird exhale through my open mouth lol. When I couldn't speak properly I tried so hard to say "**** youuu" and raged haha.

Anyway I couldn't talk, and was trying to figure out what to do. I used all my concentration an tried to wake up - like face scrunched up, making myself awake as 'hard' as I could. When that failed I tried holding my breath to force me awake because I reckon your body wakes up when you don't breathe (in hindsight I don't think I actually was holding my breath in real life, especially because I stopped holding it because it wasn't working, not because I was out of breath). This always works in other dreams but not in sleep paralysis for me, so I kind of resigned waking up.

I honestly thought to myself "right, your in this dream so your going to have to just play it out" and sort of relaxed. I swear to god I decided "I might as well have some fun while I'm here" and turned the thing into a girl I know and kind of forced it to give me a handjob, but she kind of resisted and it took alot of concentration lol (having sex with girls in dreams, knowing that you are dreaming is great because you can literally do whatever you want lol). I then kindof 'made' her give me head with my thoughts, and as it was feeling good I sortof realised I was awake. Good times.

I don't think I had a hardon when I woke up, which is probably why it required so much concentration to get her to do stuff.

In b4 coolstorybro.jpg

EDIT: First time it happened it was really confusing and I was so angry at that **** ing little troll guy that was stealing mystuff and holding me prisoner. fuuuuuuu

wow. What have I been missing lmfao
Reply 16
Original post by Gardocki
Was it This Man?

"Ever dream this man?" Well I bloody well am going to now after seeing that picture.
Reply 17
cheese gives you nightmares.... apparently... babybell?
Reply 18
It means you need to get a ps3 and add me so I we can play on cod.
Reply 19
Dude you probably play xbox too much :'(

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending