during the winter we moan its too cold

in the summer we moan that its too hot

is there no pleasing us

what do you think

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Funny moaning, no?
Reply 2
Moaning is good for you apparently. You must be in good health.
It's the one thing we might be best at the world at so I don't think we should discurage it.
Reply 4
I am moaning because I am waiting at gatwick airport for my flight which was meant to leave at 18.45 last night, damn British weather
Reply 5
God I **** ing hate it when people moan. Why can't they just not moan? Ooooooooouuurrrggggghhhhhhh.
a little bit of moaning but its fine i gues..the other countries (LEDC) are just so used to poor conditions in wwather and anything that they dont moan anymore..
Original post by Menakshelatte
a little bit of moaning but its fine i gues..the other countries (LEDC) are just so used to poor conditions in wwather and anything that they dont moan anymore..

"If you've you've known is ****, you don't complain when you get given ****"
Reply 8
Yes, it is, in my opinion.
Reply 9
Not sure about moaners, but we are definitely a nation of queuers...
Original post by mikeyd85
"If you've you've known is ****, you don't complain when you get given ****"

yh :smile:

i mean we moan about how hot or cold it is..then again places like switzerland have much more cold and Egypt has much more yet they're not like us :tongue:
Reply 11
We could win competitions in moaning.
Reply 12
Original post by shadow99
We could win competitions in moaning.

But then we'd moan about it because it would be for moaning.
Like, MOANERS moaners?
Reply 14
Yes, the UK are a nation of Moaners. We moan about everything and always try to blame someone else for the crap that happens in our day.
Petrol prices have gone up - governments fault
Road delays - governments fault
Crappy wages - governments fault
job losses - governments fault.

I woke up with a head ache and really bad bed hair - now that is defo the governments fault.:wink:
Reply 15
just to confirm; I ain't no politician - in fact I think the government are a bunch of haemorrhoids walking around in suits. oooops now I'm moaning.
I tell you what is worth moaning about, when some one constantly nicks your wheel trims of the car that you bought out of your hard earned cash.
And you can't do a thing about it - apart from keep replacing them.
Now that is worth a moan.:smile:
Moaning is a good way to make conversation. For example with people who are also waiting for a bus that is painfully late.
Reply 17
Original post by thunder_chunky
It's the one thing we might be best at the world at so I don't think we should discurage it.

i disagree, we're good at football

agreed
Original post by thunder_chunky

SADLY many people are the same..they all moan just about everything instead of being pro-active (doing something towards solving the problems they complain about) so no, definitely not, British people are not the best at this.
Happy me, I'm one of those positive and pro-active people.
Reply 19
Just another similar thing between Norwegians and Brits. Norwegians love to complain about everything as well. And has been called " a nation of moaners." (even though Norway is a very good place to live). That's probably why I'm complaining about it now, tehe. The weather is a very popular subject to talk/complain about! For some reason we manage to be very surprised when it snows. I live on the west coast, so it doesn't snow a lot here. It's more like Southern England. But people are still shocked when they see snow, and then they crash or something and blame the government. You're bound by law to change to winter tyres though.

Though luckily, even if many are surprised and there are accidents. Everything doesn't stop when we get any snow, and people don't go nutters. Last winter was insane, but then I saw loads of people skiing to work! People make the best of it, I think.'
I think the airport in Oslo is on "top" when it comes to dealing with snow and such. It hardly ever closes down.

The UK is definitely not alone when it comes "moaning".
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending