The Student Room Group

Met girl, got number, texted, no reply

I met her on Friday, got her number, texted her yesterday and haven't received a reply.

Opinions - does this mean give up, would any girls take this long in this situation? Would it be wierd to call her on Wednesday if I haven't had a reply?

Scroll to see replies

No, probaby, yes.
Reply 2
Original post by ToastyCoke
No, probaby, yes.

So you're saying don't give up but don't call her? So basically just wait & see if she texts & if not give up?

It's a real ****ing shame cos she was perfect and she was the one who came up to me!

Girls really confuse me.
Reply 3
forget her
Original post by Anonymous
So you're saying don't give up but don't call her? So basically just wait & see if she texts & if not give up?

It's a real ****ing shame cos she was perfect and she was the one who came up to me!

Girls really confuse me.

Chances are she was drunk and is having second thoughts.

Dont pander to her and go think of something else.
Reply 5
You need to remember that it's almost certain she did get your text, right? And that it's pretty unlikely she just "forgot" to reply and would appreciate a prompt.

I would just forget it, people change their minds, dude. Bad luck. Sending more texts or calling her isn't going to help, is it.
I wouldn't ring her. That would probably creep her out.
Reply 7
I'd call just to make sure you had the right number. If she doesn't pick up, then just accept she was too drunk to make rational decisions about who to give her number to...
Reply 8
You missed your chance, you should have sealed the deal on the night. She's probably realised that you're a choker and has blocked your number.
Reply 9
Original post by morg
forget her

your sig LOL !!

To OP, if a guy got my number then text me and I was interested...I would definitely text back..if I wasn't, I'd not reply in the hopes he thought it was a wrong number..
Reply 10
Long, but yeah that's what I'm thinking. FFS she was perfect - stylish, hot, cute smile, cheeky. Girls are dicks!
Reply 11
Ever wondered that she ain't on her mobile 24/7?
Reply 12
Move on.
Reply 13
Original post by Ultimate1
Ever wondered that she ain't on her mobile 24/7?

Dunno, it's pretty rare that someone wouldn't notice a text for a whole day.

I could've taken her home as well but thought I was being a gentleman & keeping her wanting more, when in fact I was just being a mug!
She has a life that doesn't revolve around texting so don't worry about it too much. Leave it a week and if she still hasn't texted back then drop her a casual text, if you still don't get a reply then move on.
Reply 15
Original post by tropical-twist3
She has a life that doesn't revolve around texting so don't worry about it too much. Leave it a week and if she still hasn't texted back then drop her a casual text, if you still don't get a reply then move on.

Another text? Saying what?

I could've taken her home as well but thought I was being a gentleman & keeping her wanting more, when in fact I was just being a mug!

It's probably better you didn't, you could have ended up with a one night stand and then you'd have both felt horrible. Had she been drinking? Maybe she wasn't thinking straight... maybe she hasn't text back because she's confused, or she might have even forgotten who you are. There's no harm in phoning her.

Just because they notice it doesn't mean they text back straight away, sometimes I read a text and can't be bothered to text back straight away - especially in the morning - and then I might forget about it and reply the next day or even later. There's no pattern in the way I text someone, no matter how much I like them.
Another text? Saying what?

"I'm going out to xyz again, if you'd like to come :smile:"

If nothing after that, defintely don't text again lol
Reply 19
Maybe she gave you a fake number?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending