The Student Room Group

Can I sue the local kebab shop? How much compensation could I get?

I ordered a kebab and chips last night from my local takeaway, it was part of one of their offers, you get a kebab, chips and a can of drink for £4.00. Anyway, the food was delivered, and when I opened it up I saw printed across the can of coke a clear yellow banner - MULTIPACK CAN - NOT FOR INDIVIDUAL RESALE. Surely they're not legally allowed to do this... can I sue them? How much money could I get?

Scroll to see replies

Please be a troll :/
Reply 2
Original post by lukas1051
I ordered a kebab and chips last night from my local takeaway, it was part of one of their offers, you get a kebab, chips and a can of drink for £4.00. Anyway, the food was delivered, and when I opened it up I saw printed across the can of coke a clear yellow banner - MULTIPACK CAN - NOT FOR INDIVIDUAL RESALE. Surely they're not legally allowed to do this... can I sue them? How much money could I get?

Are you up for the Darwin awards?

You wouldn't get any money since they didn't harm you in any way.
Sad.
Reply 4
Those things, aren't for you to sue them, its for the coke firm to sue the offending party, why on earth would you get anything out of it?
Reply 5
Oh really, come on ffs. I really hope this is a troll because it seems to me that you, young sir, are a pleb. :colonhash:
I once tried to sue my local fish and chip shop for advertising a bread and butter roll that actually came with low-fat spread.

It didn't go well. :frown: People seemed angry at me when they went out of business, for some reason.
Reply 7
Original post by wangelo
Are you up for the Darwin awards?

You wouldn't get any money since they didn't harm you in any way.

It's a well known fact that multipack cans are 70 micrometers thick as opposed to the 90 micrometer thickness used in individual cans - it's to reduce costs. If I was to accidentally rip the can open and slice my arm on it how about then?
Reply 8
Why don't you write a strongly worded memo to Coca Cola headquarters?
are you serious in this thread?
it's a joke right?
I like green eggs and ham.
Reply 11
Original post by TheSownRose
I once tried to sue my local fish and chip shop for advertising a bread and butter roll that actually came with low-fat spread.

It didn't go well. :frown: People seemed angry at me when they went out of business, for some reason.

Did you get any money? I don't want them to go out of business or anything, I know the guy who works there, nice guy, and they do the best kebabs. I was just wondering how much money I could claim.
Reply 12
It's a well known fact that multipack cans are 70 micrometers thick as opposed to the 90 micrometer thickness used in individual cans - it's to reduce costs. If I was to accidentally rip the can open and slice my arm on it how about then?

Then you would have a thinner cut on your arm than if they had used a normal individual can. Therefore maybe saving your life.

What's wrong with low fat spread ? :s-smilie: I don't get it. I am not argueing, but I really don't understand the issue. XD

To OP, You wont get anymoney. The only thing you can do might be to inform the coke company. And let them deal with it. :P

Tbh, I would not even bother. I know it's harsh and ignorant but yeah, that's what I would not even realise that it is a multipack. XD

PS* Are you planning to do it just so that you can get soemthing out of it though? If yes, then you are a troll.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 14
Did you get any money? I don't want them to go out of business or anything, I know the guy who works there, nice guy, and they do the best kebabs. I was just wondering how much money I could claim.

non. if anyone could claim it would be coke.

- and I doubt they really care. plus does printing "not for individual resale" on a product really mean that its illegal for someone to sell it individually, I don't really see how coke would have the power to decide this I think its more to deter them from doing it
(edited 13 years ago)

not sure if serious.

I got all of their money - think they had a chance against my entire team of lawyers determined to expose their lying? Pff, no chance. :haughty:
Reply 17
Original post by wangelo
Then you would have a thinner cut on your arm than if they had used a normal individual can. Therefore maybe saving your life.

Yes, but the flimsiness caused by the thinner can is what causes the rip, a rip that would not have occurred were I drinking from an individual can.
I doubt you could sue them.
Original post by street.lovin'
What's wrong with low fat spread ? :s-smilie: I don't get it. I am not argueing, but I really don't understand the issue. XD

Nothing in particular, except I don't like it and bought a 'bread and butter roll', not a 'bread and low-fat spread roll'. If I'd known it was low-fat spread, I would have just bought a bread roll in Waitrose on my way home and buttered it myself.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending