The Student Room Group

How did you and your current boyfriend/girlfriend or most recent ex get together?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I went to visit my best friend at uni and there was this "player" who was ridiculously good looking and I was told to stay away from because he'd "break my heart". I thought "Eh, I wouldn't mind kissing him", did at a club and then found out that beneath the exterior, he is a genuinely lovely person and not at all what people see him as. We fell for each other in just a weekend.
Reply 21
So the moral that I can gather is to be persistent?
Original post by RELAXED
You sound twisted !

Agreed....she sounds just lovely. :rolleyes:
Original post by RELAXED

Original post by RELAXED
You sound twisted !

Hows that twisted? :awesome:
I believe i may not have put enough details.
(edited 13 years ago)
Used to sit next to her in class. I acted like I needed help with homework and got her number even though I was quite capable. I texted her that night just with a question and then a text or two about how she was etc. I made sure she sent the last text and I was going to text her a few days later.

She ended up texting me the next day and it went on from there.

Our first date was genuinely like something out of a fairytale :smile:

Turned out she'd liked me from the first day when she sat next to me but like an idiot I didn't pick up on it. She's genuinely the most gorgeous girl at our college and based on the guys that were after her (captain of the football team etc.) I didn't think I had a chance. Turns out she only got with one guy in 6 months because she was hoping I would ask her out. I'm unbelievably lucky to have her 18 months later and I'm fairly sure I'm in love.
Reply 25
We met through Mensa and spoke online and on the phone for about 3 weeks before he asked me out. Then we met a few weeks later when we could both afford it. We've been together 11 months now and it's still great!
Original post by TheFlyingDutchman
Used to sit next to her in class. I acted like I needed help with homework and got her number even though I was quite capable. I texted her that night just with a question and then a text or two about how she was etc. I made sure she sent the last text and I was going to text her a few days later.

She ended up texting me the next day and it went on from there.

Our first date was genuinely like something out of a fairytale :smile:

Turned out she'd liked me from the first day when she sat next to me but like an idiot I didn't pick up on it. She's genuinely the most gorgeous girl at our college and based on the guys that were after her (captain of the football team etc.) I didn't think I had a chance. Turns out she only got with one guy in 6 months because she was hoping I would ask her out. I'm unbelievably lucky to have her 18 months later and I'm fairly sure I'm in love.

awww

Looks like opportunity gave you a slap instead of a knock.
Original post by HARRY PUTAH
awww

Looks like opportunity gave you a slap instead of a knock.

I'm sure you will get one soon enough :smile:
Reply 28
We'd been friends for about a year (and liked eachother) and then he asked me out on my birthday :smile:
Reply 29
Original post by Anonymous
Mine was initially a ONS, then it happened three times.

Massive error, we ended up breaking up because there was no spark left. Of course we would have known this if we'd have known eachother before we started to have sex.

So had you "got to know her" first, the same thing would have happened, but you wouldn't have got laid first. and that would be better... how exactly?

My current relationship started as a series of ONS's. Most successful relationships do in my experience.
Pub quiz in October of my Freshers year.

He kept begging for a date, I eventually said yes (free food!) and we got on pretty well. Went for drinks and shared the same friends so we got on a lot after that, but didn't get together until March. Still here and I'm doing my Masters degree :biggrin:
Reply 31
I was friends with this guy, JP and we'd been talking for a few months and he sort of fancied me and told his mate about it (who is now my boyfriend) so his friend did some detective work, added me on facebook to see what i was like and we didnt really talk for a month or so, anyway, JP had a car accident (he was fine btw) and then my now boyfriend started talking to me about it and it just kinda went from there, I found out he lived literally 5 minutes away from me and we met up at the local park at like 1 in the morning and then a week later he asked me out and stuff :smile:
Reply 32
His brother used to work at my work, then so did his friend and he came in to see him sometimes.
He added me on facebook, started talking to me on chat and it went from there basically.
Been nearly 5 months.:smile:
Reply 33
On a bus, romantic right? :P we'd spoken a lot but he was ridiculously shy so I didn't really know, it was a shock, said yes because he was lovely and I wanted to see how it would go.. it'll be a year on the 29th :smile:
we were friends :biggrin:
Reply 35
Through TSR. Lul.
Reply 36
well.... originally i was with his bestfriend...
Original post by RELAXED

I know this sounds crazy, but try this
"do you want to hold hands?" It kills the fear because if she says yes, you do it. If she's says something along the lines of maybe, then you also know she's into you a bit, so stick around and persist in long run.

Just no. Such a turn off if he's not man enough to do a simple thing without asking.
Original post by TheFlyingDutchman
I'm sure you will get one soon enough :smile:

Well in all honesty I am sometimes a major ignoramus unless I am paying attention.
At uni...I went to archery and I was one of four girls there. Then I was bored so I fb stalked him and then was chatting away on there. And then I was saying about how we should have a big grouo outing and he was like, nah how about just us two. And that's about it :biggrin: x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending