The Student Room Group

Can I sue the local kebab shop? How much compensation could I get?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by wangelo
Are you up for the Darwin awards?

You wouldn't get any money since they didn't harm you in any way.

Stealer.
Reply 21
Original post by lukas1051
I ordered a kebab and chips last night from my local takeaway, it was part of one of their offers, you get a kebab, chips and a can of drink for £4.00. Anyway, the food was delivered, and when I opened it up I saw printed across the can of coke a clear yellow banner - MULTIPACK CAN - NOT FOR INDIVIDUAL RESALE. Surely they're not legally allowed to do this... can I sue them? How much money could I get?

they might give you a free kebab as compensation if youre lucky
Original post by TheSownRose
Nothing in particular, except I don't like it and bought a 'bread and butter roll', not a 'bread and low-fat spread roll'. If I'd known it was low-fat spread, I would have just bought a bread roll in Waitrose on my way home and buttered it myself.

Ohhhhh I see. Sorry. I always misunderstoodwhat people say please forgive me. :frown:

So basically they advertised something that they do not have. :smile:
You can TRY and sue whoever you want.

You'll be laughed out of the court though :smile:
Reply 24
Original post by sango
Oh really, come on ffs. I really hope this is a troll because it seems to me that you, young sir, are a pleb. :colonhash:
Reply 25
It's a well known fact that multipack cans are 70 micrometers thick as opposed to the 90 micrometer thickness used in individual cans - it's to reduce costs. If I was to accidentally rip the can open and slice my arm on it how about then?

IIRC, Donoghue v. Stevenson dictates it'd be your fault for being a retard because you cutting your arm open isn't a foreseeable event. If there was a decomposing snail or something then you'd have a case.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 26
It's a well known fact that multipack cans are 70 micrometers thick as opposed to the 90 micrometer thickness used in individual cans - it's to reduce costs. If I was to accidentally rip the can open and slice my arm on it how about then?

You would bleed and die. Then, as the last vestiges of life-giving blood ooze from your soon-to-be withered body, we'd all celebrate. End of.

It's always really embarrassing when someone makes a troll thread and then feels that it is not obvious enough that they are trolling, so posts a more obvious troll reply like this. I honestly feel so embarrassed for you that you can't even successfully troll.
Reply 28
Mate I posted a topic the other week of something just as shocked, we need to crack down on these thieves and cheats. I got a can of sprite stolen from me. Can you believe it? Sue them.
Reply 29

Then your issue would be with Coca-Cola for making such a dangerous drink.
They didn't sell it individually, they sold it with the kebab and chips :ahee:.
Reply 31
Original post by TheSownRose
I once tried to sue my local fish and chip shop for advertising a bread and butter roll that actually came with low-fat spread.

It didn't go well. :frown: People seemed angry at me when they went out of business, for some reason.

Whose stand up is that?

I've heard it before... :cool:
I was just wondering how much money I could claim.

£0

How on earth would you rip the can?
You sound like the idiots who sued McDonald's because their coffee was hot :rolleyes:
Reply 33
Original post by paddyman4
It's always really embarrassing when someone makes a troll thread and then feels that it is not obvious enough that they are trolling, so posts a more obvious troll reply like this. I honestly feel so embarrassed for you that you can't even successfully troll.

I fail to see how I am trolling, it's a genuine question. As far as I'm aware, I haven't insulted anyone, I haven't flamed anyone, I haven't caused any problems. Perhaps my ways of making money are a little unorthodox, but it's a well known fact that Lord Alan Sugar didn't make his millions by sitting around and not sueing local businesses.
Original post by Glennith
Whose stand up is that?

I've heard it before... :cool:

Haven't got a clue, never find stand ups funny.

I've posted about my experience with the bread and low-fat spread roll before; maybe it's familiar from TSR?
Reply 35
Original post by WelshBluebird
£0

How on earth would you rip the can?
You sound like the idiots who sued McDonald's because their coffee was hot :rolleyes:

People in America often sue McDonalds for making them fat, at least mine is a genuine issue, not something that is a result of overconsumption and greed.
I ordered a kebab and chips last night from my local takeaway, it was part of one of their offers, you get a kebab, chips and a can of drink for £4.00. Anyway, the food was delivered, and when I opened it up I saw printed across the can of coke a clear yellow banner - MULTIPACK CAN - NOT FOR INDIVIDUAL RESALE. Surely they're not legally allowed to do this... can I sue them? How much money could I get?

OP is either a good troll or a symbol of all that is wrong with society. :wtf:
Reply 37

Why did you highlight that? I see nothing else.
Reply 38
People in America often sue McDonalds for making them fat, at least mine is a genuine issue, not something that is a result of overconsumption and greed.

well then maybe you would enjoy a life in america more than you do here
Reply 39
Original post by boba
well then maybe you would enjoy a life in america more than you do here

Are you joking? You just can't get kebabs in America of the same quality as those here, I couldn't live like that.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending