The Student Room Group

I'm sick being treated like a piece of meat at clubs. . .

Anon as I know people on here.

I'm getting really sick of being treated like a piece of meat at clubs. Really sick of it. When I go to a club I don't go to pull, I go there to just chill out with my friends and dance a bit. I really love clubbing for that reason and don't want to stop going. But it seems that everytime I go out at the moment it turns into an unpleasant experience as I end up with loads of creeps following me, touching me, one guy even shoved his tongue down my throat without warning the other night. . . I always say "no" or "f*** off" or "I'm not interested" but still they pursue me, try to grind with me or something else.

Guys just don't take "No" for an answer, even if you say it repeatedly. Hell I even had to slap a guy recently and scream, "GET OFF ME!" and he still pursued me. What can I do?

Now don't get me wrong, if people want to pull at clubs that's fine, that's there call but I never ask for that kind of attention, i.e. I don't wear particularly tight or revealing clothing when I go out to get attention. I also don't drink, or drink that much, mostly because I had a horrible experience recently where my drink got spiked and I was dragged off to some guy's house.

I always thought pulling or meeting someone should be a sub aim of the evening, not the focus to find anything that moves to f***. All I want is to be left alone. And if someone wants to ask me out or hell, even pull me, they can treat me in a respectable manner and not try and pull my skirt up in a club or touch me.

Sorry about the rant. Anyone agree with me? Hell any advice? I really don't want to stop clubbing as I love it.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Go to less sleazy clubs? What that guy did when he spiked your drink is unacceptable you should report him to the police if you have an idea of what he looks like or his name or something.
Reply 2
Bring mace
You can't have a club without guys looking to pull, it doesn't exist. You either stop going or learn to deal with it.
Reply 4
mmm i wna club you with my meat :smile:

try a can of mace and spray them in the face if they try next time lol
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous

I'm getting really sick of being treated like a piece of meat at clubs. Really sick of it. When I go to a club I don't go to pull, I go there to just chill out with my friends and dance a bit. I really love clubbing for that reason and don't want to stop going. But it seems that everytime I go out at the moment it turns into an unpleasant experience as I end up with loads of creeps following me, touching me, one guy even shoved his tongue down my throat without warning the other night. . . I always say "no" or "f*** off" or "I'm not interested" but still they pursue me, try to grind with me or something else.

Guys just don't take "No" for an answer, even if you say it repeatedly. Hell I even had to slap a guy recently and scream, "GET OFF ME!" and he still pursued me. What can I do?

Now don't get me wrong, if people want to pull at clubs that's fine, that's there call but I never ask for that kind of attention, i.e. I don't wear particularly tight or revealing clothing when I go out to get attention. I also don't drink, or drink that much, mostly because I had a horrible experience recently where my drink got spiked and I was dragged off to some guy's house.

I always thought pulling or meeting someone should be a sub aim of the evening, not the focus to find anything that moves to f***. All I want is to be left alone. And if someone wants to ask me out or hell, even pull me, they can treat me in a respectable manner and not try and pull my skirt up in a club or touch me.

Sorry about the rant. Anyone agree with me? Hell any advice? I really don't want to stop clubbing as I love it.

Have always found it sad and disturbing that so many guys think that this is the way to treat women. My advice, make sure you can defend yourself both verbally and physically if any get a little too "friendly" or don't go clubbing anymore. Neither of which are great solutions.
Reply 6
I like how this thread implies that you are so fabulously attractive that no one can resist you. :awesome:
Guys would not do that with such tenacity and frequency unless you dress/dance/behave like a slut. Or come across as incredibly needy. They go for the easy targets, either way.
Solution: make yourself a harder target.
Reply 7
Like it or not, pulling is one of the main reasons people go clubbing. If I were you, I would stop going and just have parties at my own place and friends places. That way you can still have a drink and a dance but nobody you don't want to be there will be allowed in.
Reply 8
Original post by Wesker115
Have always found it sad and disturbing that so many guys think that this is the way to treat women. My advice, make sure you can defend yourself both verbally and physically if any get a little too "friendly" or don't go clubbing anymore. Neither of which are great solutions.

I really appreciate you actually taking this seriously as it is serious.

No offense but foreigners are actually the worst, as they think they can get away with anything as they aren't in their own country. My German housemate was sympathising with me and told me that "unfortunately the rest of Europe thinks that English girls are whores" and its pretty awful.
Reply 9
Maybe you should stop dressing so nicely... Wear an ankle-length dress, and tie your hair in a bun (but not a good bun). Not wearing make-up might be a good idea. And wear at least one item of clothing that is made of thick wool.

Lose all traces of your contemporary femininity and just go wild :awesome:
Reply 10
Are your friends who you take clubbing with females or males?

I suspect if there were some males with you, they wouldn't be harassing you as much.
Reply 11
Make a gay friend who likes dancing and get him to act like a boyfriend if people are approaching too often.
Reply 12
Don't go out dressed like a slag then.
Reply 13
You haven't borrowed a dress from a certain Ms Gaga have you?
Reply 14
Original post by Blueflare
I like how this thread implies that you are so fabulously attractive that no one can resist you. :awesome:
Guys would not do that with such tenacity and frequency unless you dress/dance/behave like a slut. Or come across as incredibly needy. They go for the easy targets, either way.
Solution: make yourself a harder target.

Read my post again.

I really don't dress like a slut at all, my skirts are a bit longer, I sometimes go to clubs in jeans and I NEVER reveal my cleavage. I don't want the attention so I try to dress as attract it less. Doesn't stop some blokes though.

And I don't think I'm anything that special, I think all of the girls in the club are getting the same sort of treatment as me. It's just my experience.
Original post by Anonymous

Maybe try going to a bar instead ? I prefer them personally. Some still have small dance floors but the music isn't as loud and you can sit a lot more.

Go to gay bars ? Whenever I go out in my group (It's 4 girls and 2 guys) they like to go to gay bars. We can still have a good time and a dance but the girls don't get hit on anywhere near as much (believe it or not still happens a bit).

I know a lot of straight people that enjoy gay bars.
Reply 16
Ckubbing and drinking is for parasites...
Reply 17
Original post by Gardocki
Make a gay friend who likes dancing and get him to act like a boyfriend if people are approaching too often.

Not a bad idea actually. I did have a better night the other night when I hung out with my big burly guy mate haha
Reply 18
don't dress like a slut. if you are there to have a good time with your friends wear no make up, jeans and a baggy t-shirt. otherwise don't complain. if you dress provocatively then you deserve what comes your way. it's as simple as that.
Reply 19
Gosh, well if you don't want to be harassed it's you're own fault for leaving the house in the first place! You can't possibly expect people to behave themselves and act like decent human beings, how unreasonable. Also wearing anything that isn't a baggy t-shirt and jeans entitles people to treat you like dirt.
(edited 13 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending