The Student Room Group

Urgent UCAS help (predictions)!

Well the deadline is approaching fast and I still haven't sent it off as I'm waiting on references...

Anyway, this is about my predicted grades.
I'm predicted around ABBB but a few of my choices ask for AAB.
Is this too much of a risk or should I push for AABB (or higher)?
Also, would a prediction of AABC be sufficient for AAB unis?

Any help would be appreciated as this is quite urgent, thanks!

(I'm applying for Accounting and Finance)
With grades ABBB predictions, I wouldn't apply to many AAB unis - one, or two at the most.

AABC would be fine for AAB.
Reply 2
Original post by TheSownRose
With grades ABBB predictions, I wouldn't apply to many AAB unis - one, or two at the most.

AABC would be fine for AAB.

Yeah, I did only have two.
I'll go for AABC then.
Would AABB be much better then or would it not matter that much?
Thanks
Reply 3
If you have ABBB predictions its fine to have one risky choice (AAB) but make sure you have a good back up too (BBB) that youd be happy to have as an insurance. :smile:
Original post by Shenron
Yeah, I did only have two.
I'll go for AABC then.
Would AABB be much better then or would it not matter that much?
Thanks

It depends what subject the grade is in. It's unlikely to make a jot of difference, unless that C is in a key subject for the course.

For example, say you're applying for physics and study physics, maths, further maths and philosophy. Being predicted a B or C wouldn't matter for philosophy, because it'd be the physics, maths and further maths they'd be interested in. However, being predicted a B in maths would be better than being predicted a C.
Original post by Shenron
Well the deadline is approaching fast and I still haven't sent it off as I'm waiting on references...

Anyway, this is about my predicted grades.
I'm predicted around ABBB but a few of my choices ask for AAB.
Is this too much of a risk or should I push for AABB (or higher)?
Also, would a prediction of AABC be sufficient for AAB unis?

Any help would be appreciated as this is quite urgent, thanks!

(I'm applying for Accounting and Finance)

I was about the same situation as you before I sent it off, my predictions were ABB and I needed AAB for just one uni, after a long talk with the principal, they finally put my predicitons to AAB and guess what? They only uni that asked for AAB asked for ABB when they sent a letter to me!

Solution: Persuade your teacher/tutor to put your grades up and be prepared to work your socks off, but also you might have the chance that they will lower the entry grades for you.

EDIT: AABC would not make any difference, I got a D as my AS prediction and it didn't stop me!
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending