The Student Room Group

How many pressies do your parents give you?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by squareroot1764
I never really pay much attention to exactly how many presents I get. Usually I get the latest Doctor Who boxset (:ahee:) and then a few DVDs and books, maybe some clothes.

Me too :cool:
i get one main present and then a couple of extra gifts. I personally dont see the point in getting 30 presents. Its the thought that count so id rather get a present i want than a whole load of crap i dont
Reply 202
Do you seriously enjoy being that spoilt?! I mean, that just sounds like such a waste of money to me.

I get about 3 from my parents usually.
When I was younger....LOADS! But I've noticed that as I've got older the presents have become less but more expensive or that I'm older and I can buy stuff for myself.

This year I think I'm getting about 5 and one big one to share with my partner, I'm still curious what that's all about. :smile:
Reply 204
I don't get any because I'm indian :frown:
Christmas in india is just a reason to go out and party :awesome:
Original post by hannah_dru
I've only got one parent and I don't get a set amount. This year I've already had 2 (DVD's) and am quite happy with a box of chocolates from the corner shop for Christmas Day as my mum has been ill and housebound since September. Really couldn't care less about presents, for me it's about being with my family.

Likewise, we're not 'poor poor' by any means but now it's just me and my dad and he's been in and out of work the last few years, he tends to just buy me 1, or maybe 2 things at christmas. My mum would forever be picking up little odd bits and pieces for stockings etc, but my dad doesn't have the right kind of brain for that sort of stuff. But I appreciate him nonetheless.

I hope your mum and you have a lovely christmas regardless x
Original post by CookieDoughLove
Same with us. There is only 3 of us really close (Dad, Gran, Me), so at Christmas we all buy loads for each other - because we like to see each others faces ha. And I like wrapping up :colondollar:

Yeah? My mum and my grandparents are all really close, but my Dad's side all live in Holland, so I think they try and work for both. Haha!
You like wrapping? Eurgh, I can't stand it. -____- I fail so badly at it...:colone:
Original post by DiZZeeKiD
I immediately think youre a fantastic person. I'd very much like to see you backhand OP and take her presents and then break them.

Thank you :smile: I've never really been bothered about presents but this year I decided I just couldn't care less. Hope the OP is grateful at least!

DiZZeeKiD
Likewise, we're not 'poor poor' by any means but now it's just me and my dad and he's been in and out of work the last few years, he tends to just buy me 1, or maybe 2 things at christmas. My mum would forever be picking up little odd bits and pieces for stockings etc, but my dad doesn't have the right kind of brain for that sort of stuff. But I appreciate him nonetheless.

I hope your mum and you have a lovely christmas regardless x

Same, we're not either but my mum has been retired since January and doesn't get a very good pension. My mum used to pick up odd bits but this year she hasn't really been able to do anything cos she feels dizzy all the time and can't get out much. I think appreciating goes a long way though.

Thanks, I hope you and your family have a lovely Christmas too :smile:
Original post by hannah_dru
Thank you :smile: I've never really been bothered about presents but this year I decided I just couldn't care less. Hope the OP is grateful at least!

Same, we're not either but my mum has been retired since January and doesn't get a very good pension. My mum used to pick up odd bits but this year she hasn't really been able to do anything cos she feels dizzy all the time and can't get out much. I think appreciating goes a long way though.

Thanks, I hope you and your family have a lovely Christmas too :smile:

you sound like a really sweet person :smile:
Original post by CookieDoughLove
My Dad works on Christmas Day every year :sad:

What job does your dad do? . .My mum has worked xmas day in the past too (She's a midwife), but because she retires next November, this is her last xmas with the trust, so they've given her the entire xmas off :biggrin:).
maybe 5-7? though I go between houses at Christmas so I do end up getting more from my dad and step mum. I love choosing presents for my family as well :smile:
Three or four maybe. I got an xbox the year before last but usually it's stuff like chocolate, pyjamas, socks, slippers, a game, money, stuff like that.
Reply 212
Usually I ask for one or two presents, as long as together they're not over a budget of roughly £150.. then my mum gets about 10 small surprise stocking fillers and my dad gets me a book of some sort. (:
(edited 13 years ago)
I read that as penises :lol:
Original post by I<3LAMP
When I was younger....LOADS! But I've noticed that as I've got older the presents have become less but more expensive or that I'm older and I can buy stuff for myself.

This year I think I'm getting about 5 and one big one to share with my partner, I'm still curious what that's all about. :smile:

Prepare for awkward silence when they pull out a sex swing :awesome:
One.
It depends how much what I want costs to be honest. I'm 18 so I don't expect loads of expensive gifts as I probably did when I was younger.

I've just asked for money this year but I'll probably get 8 - 10 small presents too. They'll be things like pyjamas, clothes, make - up and books though so nothing massive. :smile:
I think it gets less xmas pressie wise as you get older.I can remember geting about 34 xmas presents when i was about 11-14 years of age as i gotten older as the years have slowly passed.It varies between 14-16 pressies but i think Christmas is mainly for the younger ones these days anyway Christmas isnt about pressies to me more about spending time with your family etc :smile:
Original post by I<3LAMP

I agree with you I<3LAMP same here when i was quite young i use to get a small corner of the living room full of different size xmas presents some more expensive than others but as you grow older,you start geting small presents with a few medium size ones.I still love Christmas as i always did.
Reply 219
I get 170 pounds in cash, and that's it! No stocking fillers.... nothing! I'm definitly not complaining though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending