The Student Room Group

Discuss your 2010-11 UCAS decisions *HERE*

Scroll to see replies

Reply 280
Had 4/5 offers and 1 rejection! I'm so happy :biggrin: Just gotta decide between Bangor, Keele or Lancaster :smile:
Reply 281
Original post by +epic
University: Northumbria University
Course: Marketing Management
Date Application sent: 07/12/10
Decision: Conditional
Offer conditions: A (The standard offer is ABB but I already have BBB from 2009)
Your reaction: Shocked as they are extremely well respected for their marketing course, but there is NO WAY I can get an A grade from my A-Level evening classes......gah

How do you know that they're extremely well respected? Let me know what they said! :smile:
Original post by maxcartwright
do they give out offers over the christmas holidays?
hheeelpppp:confused:

Most likely while the university remains open and does not close for christmas holidays.
Original post by cloclo_
Had 4/5 offers and 1 rejection! I'm so happy :biggrin: Just gotta decide between Bangor, Keele or Lancaster :smile:

Woooo! What course you applying for?
Reply 284
Original post by MJay91
How do you know that they're extremely well respected? Let me know what they said! :smile:

Yeah they have some of the best marketing courses in the country and win regular awards!

The admissions woman emailed me back and said she is going to try anf transfer me to the business and marketing course instead, as I can then have an unconditional offer. The two courses are basically the same except from the management one is accredited which I dont even really need tbh :smile:
Reply 285
Original post by +epic
Yeah they have some of the best marketing courses in the country and win regular awards!

The admissions woman emailed me back and said she is going to try anf transfer me to the business and marketing course instead, as I can then have an unconditional offer. The two courses are basically the same except from the management one is accredited which I dont even really need tbh :smile:

Well, I guess that's good news for you :smile: Congratulations!
Reply 286
Just made Manchester my firm choice and Sheffield my insurance. Wohooo! (Sorry Essex, Cardiff and Glasgow)
Original post by alexa2101
University: Heriot-Watt University, Edinburgh
Course: MChem Chemistry with a year in North America
Date Application sent: 09/12/2010
Decision: Conditional 15/12/2010
Offer conditions: 30/45 level 3 credits at merit (Access to Science)
Your reaction: I was a wreck when I read the email, and it isn't even my first choice! May have this as my insurance.

Hey, anyone got any idea what sort of A-levels 30-45 level 3 credits are equivalent to? Since I'm applying for the same course (besides the year in N.A.) and quite eager to know what to expect as an offer.

Massive congrats by the way, good uni for an insurance.
Reply 288
Original post by Rogercbinboy
Hey, anyone got any idea what sort of A-levels 30-45 level 3 credits are equivalent to? Since I'm applying for the same course (besides the year in N.A.) and quite eager to know what to expect as an offer.

Massive congrats by the way, good uni for an insurance.

Thanks! My first response too = :nutcase:

Erm, I'm not sure what the A Level offer would be. I had to email Jim Cameron to find out conditions for access as the grading has just changed and the offer is pretty bespoke to me as I've already got As levels to back it up. I think there should be a more detailed requirements list on the website.

let me know how it foes! Good luck!
Reply 289
University: Loughborough University
Course: Communication & Media Studies (P910)
Date Application sent: 12/11/2010
Decision: Conditional on 20/12/2010
Offer conditions: ABB
Your reaction: YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Original post by adam0311
Why wouldn't you have just applied to one course or the other? Seems like you could have gotten an extra choice out of it...

I nearly did the same, if there are similar course at somewhere you REALLY want to go to then I was told to apply twice, then you get a better chance of getting in and you show how much you want to go there :smile:
Reply 291
Original post by naynay_11
University: University of East Anglia
Course: Business Management
Date Application sent: 13th December
Offer conditions: BBB
Your reaction: I cried! HARDD

University: Sheffield
Course: Business Management
Date Application sent: 13th December
Offer conditions: ABB
Your reaction: Cried even more when I saw two!! Thankyouu GODDD!!!

Applied for the same course as your in sheffield and got an offer... this monday!!!
feelin' so relieved...
tbh, i was in a similar situation to urs, i was on the verge of crying simply coz i couldn't believe it..
anyways, now it feels so cool.. :cool:

idk why, but many ppl from tsr have got offers for this course in particular.....
maybe we should consider creating a thread only abt fortunate guyz lyk us :biggrin:
(edited 13 years ago)
anyone got offers from

Leicster
LSE
Kings
Queen Marys?

for international relations/politics/war studies?
am getting anxious. i know LSE takes ages to reply, but I though leicster wud be quite quick and queen marys :s-smilie:
ALL I WANT FOR CHRISTMAS IS OFFERS
Reply 293
Original post by maxcartwright
anyone got offers from

Leicster
LSE
Kings
Queen Marys?

for international relations/politics/war studies?
am getting anxious. i know LSE takes ages to reply, but I though leicster wud be quite quick and queen marys :s-smilie:
ALL I WANT FOR CHRISTMAS IS OFFERS

I have a Leicester Politics offer, but they took over 2 and a half months to reply to me, and I only got it on tuesday so I wouldn't worry!
Congrats everybody!
When you get an offer does Track email you to say so?
Reply 296
It's supposed to, yes. http://www.ucas.ac.uk/students/offers/trackprogress

Just to be sure is everyone treated equally for the offers, as long as you send your application before January 15th? Still haven't sent mine :gasp:
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by metachrome
University: University College London
Course: Biomedical Sciences
Date Application sent: 15 Oct 2010
Offer conditions: UCAS has yet to be updated
Your reaction: Hurry up and update UCAS! -.- But yay haha I'd probably insure this!

University: King's College London
Course: Biomedical Science
Date Application sent: 15 Oct 2010
Offer conditions: AAB (A in Biology and Chemistry)
Your reaction: Hmmm >< but I want Imperial more!

Come on Imperial, I applied for 3 courses from you! Hurry up :P

OMG i'm so jealous :tongue:

well done! i have no chance with them! i think i've gambled my choices tbh :frown: Has your ucas updated for UCL because I want to know for sure if they're giving out AAB offers or AAA offers... and I didn't know kcl wanted A's in chem AND bio ... didn't say that on their website =/

Seriously, Congrats! :biggrin:

I have no chance (although i'm trying to think positively). I don't even know why my app has been there for this long!
Original post by Vitamin D
When you get an offer does Track email you to say so?

Yes, you get an email telling you that 'something has changed on your UCAS application' and that'll be the official decision. Remember to check your Junk E-mails also! :smile:
Original post by DeadPixel
It's supposed to, yes. http://www.ucas.ac.uk/students/offers/trackprogress

Just to be sure is everyone treated equally for the offers, as long as you send your application before January 15th? Still haven't sent mine :gasp:

Yep! Anytime after the 15th and I don't think that they're really required to look at your application. You've got plenty of time :smile:

Original post by mooniibuggy
Yes, you get an email telling you that 'something has changed on your UCAS application' and that'll be the official decision. Remember to check your Junk E-mails also! :smile:

Oh man, that statement just builds the tension! "Something has changed" :O WHAT SOMETHING?!
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending