The Student Room Group

Met girl, got number, texted, no reply

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Yeah, **** it, you've all said what I was thinking. It's a shame but I'm out tonight, Wednesday & Thursday, then it's new years, so I'm sure I'll move on
my girlfriend and my mother sometimes takes days to reply. perhaps im just not loved but people forget about things
Reply 42
stop getting numbers, give out yours, or go home with them that night, if they gave you their number because3 their interested sexually, its not that hard to end up at theirs!
Reply 43
Original post by f00ddude
stop getting numbers, give out yours, or go home with them that night, if they gave you their number because3 their interested sexually, its not that hard to end up at theirs!

Yeah I know, and I'm pretty certain I could've taken her back, but I was being a sentimental **** and trying to be a gentleman cos I actually liked and respected this girl.
also OP ive consulted the gf. dont give up just yet because ive relayed the situation and she told me she liked a bit of persistance as it showed the guy was actually a bit bothered. but also theres a limit you can reach. shes russian so a bit weird with relationships but its worth noting
Reply 45
Original post by neiljeff123
also OP ive consulted the gf. dont give up just yet because ive relayed the situation and she told me she liked a bit of persistance as it showed the guy was actually a bit bothered. but also theres a limit you can reach. shes russian so a bit weird with relationships but its worth noting

See, I was kind of thinking leave it til after Xmas, then give her a call. If she doesn't answer, then I'll delete her number, if she does then happy days. Nothing to lose really....
Original post by Anonymous
See, I was kind of thinking leave it til after Xmas, then give her a call. If she doesn't answer, then I'll delete her number, if she does then happy days. Nothing to lose really....

that's suitable. doesnt cross the boundary into weird apparently
FFS she was perfect - stylish, hot, cute smile, cheeky.

Girls like that are a dime a dozen. The fact that you don't think that is your first problem..................

Dunno, it's pretty rare that someone wouldn't notice a text for a whole day.

I could've taken her home as well but thought I was being a gentleman & keeping her wanting more, when in fact I was just being a mug!

And there we have it!

You are a check/call guy in a bet/fold world. I hope you've learned the lesson.

:indiff:
Reply 48
Original post by mr-breaker
Girls like that are a dime a dozen. The fact that you don't think that is your first problem..................

And there we have it!

You are a check/call guy in a bet/fold world. I hope you've learned the lesson.

I really haven't.... I didn't understand that last bit at all... She wanted to **** me and I wasted the opportunity? If that's the lesson then yes, I have learnt it
I really haven't.... I didn't understand that last bit at all... She wanted to **** me and I wasted the opportunity? If that's the lesson then yes, I have learnt it

Should've ****ed her for value tbf.

What I mean by the last bit is that for some reason (probably fear of something, I don't know what) you decided to take the safe route, even though the more aggressive route (i.e. sex with her there and then while she's up for it) has a possible downside, but a better upside, and is more +EV in the long run.

Slightly more seriously, you probably overthought the situation and were already planning the moonlit walks along the river you and here were going to take and the picnics you were going to go on and so on and so forth. You were trying to wife off a chick you barely know while she wanted some fun and who knows what else.

Now that you have shown that you are a safe option she has decided to hedge because frankly you ain't going anywhere.................

Reply 50
Original post by mr-breaker
Should've ****ed her for value tbf.

What I mean by the last bit is that for some reason (probably fear of something, I don't know what) you decided to take the safe route, even though the more aggressive route (i.e. sex with her there and then while she's up for it) has a possible downside, but a better upside, and is more +EV in the long run.

Slightly more seriously, you probably overthought the situation and were already planning the moonlit walks along the river you and here were going to take and the picnics you were going to go on and so on and so forth. You were trying to wife off a chick you barely know while she wanted some fun and who knows what else.

Now that you have shown that you are a safe option she has decided to hedge because frankly you ain't going anywhere.................

Guess you're right. And as I said I'm usually not one to pass up such an opportunity, but this was the type of girl I'd actually want a relationship with. Guess I need to stop overthinking.
stop finding excuses. You were rejected, end of. Yeah you may have got on well, she may have approached you, but she probably realised that actually no, she didn't like you after all.
Reply 52
Original post by tillytots
stop finding excuses. You were rejected, end of. Yeah you may have got on well, she may have approached you, but she probably realised that actually no, she didn't like you after all.

Stayed with me the whole night until I left? I'm not finding excuses, I'm telling people how the night was so that I can get some personalised responses.
Protip: Getting a number doesnt mean ****.

Go out tonight and get 20 numbers. Next afternoon text em all and I guarantee only a few will reply.
Stayed with me the whole night until I left? I'm not finding excuses, I'm telling people how the night was so that I can get some personalised responses.

She may have just changed her mind. Some people have fun for a night and don't want to take it any further, she probably just gave you a/her number just incase she had a change of heart, or just done it to not get you butthurt (trust me, I've had fun with guys dancing and drinking etc for a night and they've been pissed off when I didn't give them my number, so now I just give them a false or something.) You just need to get over it and move on now.
Yeah, **** it, you've all said what I was thinking. It's a shame but I'm out tonight, Wednesday & Thursday, then it's new years, so I'm sure I'll move on

It's been a frickin day! You don't know if she's rejecting you or not because you don't know what kind of texter she is, if she's a serial texter then yeah she's rejecting you but is she's an occasional texter then don't give up just like that.

Either way you've only met her once, people are never as perfect for you when you get to know them, a lot of guys get caught up in the allure of a girl they don't know very well and vice versa, particularly a girl they've not 'conquered', as soon as you get to know her and you've had a lot of sex with her your interest will diminish 9 times out of 10, you see it happen all the time with people. But then as you said you didn't have sex with her when a lot of guys would have so maybe in your case you are more considerate when it comes to being interested in people.
I don't see what you've got to lose by trying to get in touch with her again in the next couple of days. You're never going to see her again, are you? So it's hardly embarrassing. Just swallow your pride and go for it. Like someone said above, girls like a man who shows a bit of persistence and doesn't just give up at the first hurdle. She might have just forgotten, have no credit, been at work etc. Simples...
Reply 57
lol sorry but the title mad me laugh
Text her again mate, this girl finally replied when i texted her again lol
Reply 59
Original post by tropical-twist3
It's been a frickin day! You don't know if she's rejecting you or not because you don't know what kind of texter she is, if she's a serial texter then yeah she's rejecting you but is she's an occasional texter then don't give up just like that.

Either way you've only met her once, people are never as perfect for you when you get to know them, a lot of guys get caught up in the allure of a girl they don't know very well and vice versa, particularly a girl they've not 'conquered', as soon as you get to know her and you've had a lot of sex with her your interest will diminish 9 times out of 10, you see it happen all the time with people. But then as you said you didn't have sex with her when a lot of guys would have so maybe in your case you are more considerate when it comes to being interested in people.

yeah, if I like someone I don't really want to have a ons... What should I text then?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending