The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by noodle1987
How is number 5 obese (I bet her BMI doesn't class her as obese)....and as for the normal. I think she's skinny and the "curvey" one normal.

This rofl. 1 and 2 look dangerously thin in fact they both look anorexic. Even the one labeled as normal (can tell by the legs) is pretty close to joining 1 and 2. Says a lot about what's deemed "normal". 3 and 4 are actually normal where as the one defined as obese is chubby bordering on fat.
She might not care what the scales say, but I do. If my gf puts on another stone its over.
At least she has the guts to let them photograph her. I'm a size 12 and i feel pressured to be an 8. Good on her!
Reply 343
Original post by BambieWambie
At least she has the guts to let them photograph her. I'm a size 12 and i feel pressured to be an 8. Good on her!

Her mum introduced her to modelling when she was a child. That probably why she's so comfortable with herself as she is. She was always told she looks great in front of the camera.
Original post by Jimbo1234
You are condoning being lazy and unhealthy as you say that is 'realistic'.
If people are fat, 90% of the time they have issues, hence why they are large because why else do they choose to be fat?

Post birth weight?
Hit the gym.
Look at Gisele Bündchen, Heidi Klum etc. Of course they will lose the weight faster as it is their career on the line, but they show that post birth weight is easily solved with a bit of effort.

Sadly, I am not the one looking ignorant.

A bit of sense there, in bold. But maybe you might want to highlight that a bit more, darling, seeing as it's part of their career to look that way. They don't have to juggle a newborn baby on their own, a part time job, possibly other children. They have makeup artists, money for the gym, personal trainers. You cannot compare celebrity post birth weight to that of women not of fame, a lot of women don't have the same amount of time or money.

I don't condone being lazy or unhealthy, but why do you seem to think that being fat is a 'choice'? Maybe you should stop being so judgemental and realise that people are sometimes just trying to be happy with that they've got.

It's not as easy to lose weight as the celebrities make it look, love. And if you're too small minded to accept a woman with a bit of chub on her, then it's YOU who has issues.
Original post by ItsaNameAndIUseIt
A bit of sense there, in bold. But maybe you might want to highlight that a bit more, darling, seeing as it's part of their career to look that way. They don't have to juggle a newborn baby on their own, a part time job, possibly other children. They have makeup artists, money for the gym, personal trainers. You cannot compare celebrity post birth weight to that of women not of fame, a lot of women don't have the same amount of time or money.

I don't condone being lazy or unhealthy, but why do you seem to think that being fat is a 'choice'? Maybe you should stop being so judgemental and realise that people are sometimes just trying to be happy with that they've got.

It's not as easy to lose weight as the celebrities make it look, love. And if you're too small minded to accept a woman with a bit of chub on her, then it's YOU who has issues.

Looking good is like being rich - everyone wants it but most people never achieve it because they are too lazy.
Of course being a mother is hard work, but what ever happened to the father helping out? :rolleyes: Also do some exercise at home. If your kid is watching tv or playing, go on a treadmill or do a work out dvd.
Time and money is only a small factor. What they lack is effort and dedication.

Being fat is a choice for 90% of people. They choose to eat too much or eat badly, they choose to do no exercise. No one forces them to do these actions, ergo it is a choice. As for 'being happy with what they have' , they are simply complacent.

Rocket science is hard. Competing in the Olympics is hard. Losing weight is easy, it only takes time and commitment which most people lack.

Why would I want to accept someone for being chubby? As I have mentioned, this shows they are lazy, lack self control, motivation, ambition, and have possible emotional issues. All of these are terrible traits to have and I would not want to be with someone so screwed up.

Original post by Trigger
For a start i think my bf is gorgeous but its all down to taste. Secondly i am not so shallow that the only trait in a partner i look for is "hotness". I was well brought up and therefore able to see past a pretty face to what someone is really like. Why would i want a hot bf who may also be a massive tool?

Point proven. You think he is gorgeous, most other people would disagree and thanks to science, these people can be proven right.
Also being fat shows many personality flaws ranging from laziness, lack of self control, and possible emotional issues, and lets not forget, it is just unhealthy.
Reply 346
Looking good is like being rich - everyone wants it but most people never achieve it because they are too lazy.
Of course being a mother is hard work, but what ever happened to the father helping out? :rolleyes: Also do some exercise at home. If your kid is watching tv or playing, go on a treadmill or do a work out dvd.

Being fat is a choice for 90% of people. They choose to eat too much or eat badly, they choose to do no exercise. No one forces them to do these actions, ergo it is a choice. As for 'being happy with what they have' , they are simply complacent.

Rocket science is hard. Competing in the Olympics is hard. Losing weight is easy, it only takes time and commitment which most people lack.

Why would I want to accept someone for being chubby? As I have mentioned, this shows they are lazy, lack self control, motivation, ambition, and have possible emotional issues. All of these are terrible traits to have and I would not want to be with someone so screwed up.

Point proven. You think he is gorgeous, most other people would disagree and thanks to science, these people can be proven right.
Also being fat shows many personality flaws ranging from laziness, lack of self control, and possible emotional issues, and lets not forget, it is just unhealthy.

How would you know most other people would disagree?

*Sigh*
I would rather go out with a fat person than someone who seems to have his head stuck his own arse.
Also I love how you think it's that easy to get exercise when you've got a young child... lol
And I wish you would go see a shrink but that is not going to happen now is it.

But seriously, look at what has always been considered a beautiful man, and look at what is now considered a beautiful woman.
A hot guy will never want a fat girl. Though to prove another point, post a picture of what you think a hot guy is? Either the guy you post would never want someone fat or you will post a pic of a guy who most people will think is ugly as you lower your standards as you know a hot guy is impossible to get when you are fat.

You don't have a girlfriend do you?
And I wish you would go see a shrink but that is not going to happen now is it.

But seriously, look at what has always been considered a beautiful man, and look at what is now considered a beautiful woman.
A hot guy will never want a fat girl. Though to prove another point, post a picture of what you think a hot guy is? Either the guy you post would never want someone fat or you will post a pic of a guy who most people will think is ugly as you lower your standards as you know a hot guy is impossible to get when you are fat.

I've seen some of your other comments, Jimbo1234 and I think you should give Gillian McKeith a call because I believe you'd get on really well.
:smile:
Original post by BambieWambie
You don't have a girlfriend do you?

Bless, you have to revert to child like insults rather then actually having a mature debate. :rolleyes:

Original post by Holly Hiskey
*Sigh*
I would rather go out with a fat person than someone who seems to have his head stuck his own arse.
Also I love how you think it's that easy to get exercise when you've got a young child... lol

Now you make an interesting point and one that has always confused me.
It is fine to strive to go to the best uni/get the best grades.
It is fine to try to get the best job
But it is wrong to strive to look good.............:confused:
Why?

Original post by Trigger
How would you know most other people would disagree?

Science and that you use certain phrases eg. i think my bf is gorgeous but its all down to taste aka I find him attractive, but most pep would disagree.
Reply 351
Bless, you have to revert to child like insults rather then actually having a mature debate. :rolleyes:

Why?

Science and that you use certain phrases eg. i think my bf is gorgeous but its all down to taste aka I find him attractive, but most pep would disagree.

Lol science.
lol Jimbo1234... always a source of amusement.

Why?.

because some people do not bother to strive for a good career or job; they live off their social status and 'looks'. Your list is not always the case. And whoever said it was wrong to not strive to look good? It can be seen as narcissistic, you just have to take care of yourself; presentable clothes, nice hair; does being fat automatically mean that you don't strive to look good? No, if you are tubby you can still look pretty fine.
Everybody wants different things; to you, being fat and 'unfit' is off-putting, but to someone else, she is a goddess.

Why are we even judging people?? i hate it. I hate categorising people and saying that they will 'never get a hot boyfriend' or 'they will die'. :mad:

I've been losing a lot of weight (just over 4 stone now!) and still more to lose, but i'm working towards it. In the meantime, my life doesn't come to a standstill because of this factor. I never want to be skinny, only healthy. And i'm doing it to be healthy, not for some arrogant person to rate 'my hotness' or for me to get a boyfriend.

I've been subjected to and witnessed so many acts of bullying and neglect because people are so naive about the whole size issue. Start judging by the individual, not the mass. You have no idea what each person has gone/going through.
Reply 354
How hard isit Just to go to the gym?

Fat people make me laugh.
Original post by The*Doctor's*Rose
because some people do not bother to strive for a good career or job; they live off their social status and 'looks'. Your list is not always the case. And whoever said it was wrong to not strive to look good? It can be seen as narcissistic, you just have to take care of yourself; presentable clothes, nice hair; does being fat automatically mean that you don't strive to look good? No, if you are tubby you can still look pretty fine.
Everybody wants different things; to you, being fat and 'unfit' is off-putting, but to someone else, she is a goddess.

Why are we even judging people?? i hate it. I hate categorising people and saying that they will 'never get a hot boyfriend' or 'they will die'. :mad:

I've been losing a lot of weight (just over 4 stone now!) and still more to lose, but i'm working towards it. In the meantime, my life doesn't come to a standstill because of this factor. I never want to be skinny, only healthy. And i'm doing it to be healthy, not for some arrogant person to rate 'my hotness' or for me to get a boyfriend.

I've been subjected to and witnessed so many acts of bullying and neglect because people are so naive about the whole size issue. Start judging by the individual, not the mass. You have no idea what each person has gone/going through.

I look up to you x
Reply 356
Don't mind a bit of that.

Why?

Some people don't strive to get into the best uni or get the best grades. Part of my class just doesn't care, and has other priorities. A lot of people strive to look good, but some don't want to bother. It just depends what you value most. Why judge them?

It is down to taste. Some of my friends don't find the typical Asian look attractive but have asian friends. I don't really go for certain shades of blonde, though it depends on the person.

Stop judging.
Original post by The*Doctor's*Rose

Well done on your weight loss! What an achievement :smile:

I wouldn't get too het up about Jimbo1234 he's a well-known troll on here.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 359
Original post by Amuroray
How hard isit Just to go to the gym?

Fat people make me laugh.

You're rude on every single thread I see.

Grow up.

Latest

Trending

Trending