The Student Room Group

Is there anything your parents don't know about you that they really ought to?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BambieWambie
I was raped, i've done drugs, had sex, i have a boyfriend of 1 year, suffer from depression

Which one of these vices do you enjoy the most?
Original post by cellophane11
THIS!!

There's loads of stuff they don't know about me!! And they are never going to find out

Not if I can help it :colone:
Original post by Sir_Vile_Minds
Not if I can help it :colone:

You would need to know what I had done first :biggrin: muahahaha
Original post by cellophane11
You would need to know what I had done first :biggrin: muahahaha

Oh believe me, I'll be finding that out in no time. Just let me pack my ropes, tape, chrge cables and generator and I'll be there :teeth:
yeah loads....

im currently sleeping with my dads girlfriend, he would go friggin MAD if he found out...

I need to stop it to be honest, I think this is probably the one thing that could ruin my relationship with him forever, I honestly would not know what to do if he found out...

it's his GF's fault though, she always instigates thinges...

I hide stuff from my mum, but nothing as major as the secret im keeping from my dad...so im not really worried if she found out anything, as we would probably be able to get over it...
Reply 185
Original post by bluemax
that ive a whole laboratory under my room, in the basement.

Dexter? Is that you?
Reply 186
LOADS :smile:

Some of the more serious ones that they would probably go livid :-

During my 1st degree in USA.
1) I had a black gf. They absolutely hate blacks.
2) I used the money they gave me for tuition and rent to buy stocks, made enough to pay tuition for 3 more years and even had a fairly nice car.
3) I told them the "nice car" was a rental when they came to visit.
4) I left church.
5) I almost died in a white water rafting incident.

Recent / Current stuff I keep away from them :-
1) I support the Conservatives.
2) All things in regard to my gf, they would go berserk if they found out, especially the part that she is living with me.
3) I don't wish to follow most if not all of their believes and customs or traditions.
Reply 187
Original post by CalB92
My parents don't know that im gay.

I'm sure they do. This isn't Georgian Britain, you know... they probably have a hunch are waiting for you to throw that big gay coming out party :biggrin:
Original post by charleymabob
There are lots of thinkgs my parents don't know. My dad wouldn't understand and probably turn everything aroud to be my fault and my mum would probably have a break down. To be honest, nobody knows the extent of my problems/secrets apart from my boyfriend.

Exactly the same...
Reply 189
Theres several 'bigger' things my parents don't know about me but likewise there's a hell of a lot of stuff they just shouldn't know that they do.......Makes for some awkward conversations at times :/
Reply 190
Original post by Joel4fun4u
Which one of these vices do you enjoy the most?

I'd guess at rape.
Reply 191
They really know nothing about me. We rarely speak to each other and I don't confide in them.
I'm paying a deposit on thursday to move out next month and my mother doesn't know yet...
Apart from that, my dad should know I smoke but doesn't (mum does), eh I've been seeing someone for 3 months and it's kinda serious and neither of them know. Oh, I'm planning to move away completely in June and work for the summer and I also haven't filled my mother in on that. Dad doesn't know I smoke weed (although I wouldn't necessarily say parents need ot know things like that!). Think that's it. It's always fun times when your parents know everything :wink:
Reply 193
my parents dont know I am SUPERMAN
Reply 194
Original post by SuperSam_Fantastiche
Lolll, my mum was exactly like this too.

"Mum, I'm gay"
"Darling why are you upset? You know I love you and I just want you to be happy!"

6 months later

"Mum I'm going to the cinema with Craig I'll be back about midnight"
"Ooh, who's Craig, is he your boyfriend?"

:facepalm:

LOL

Was he?
Reply 195
Original post by toasteh
I self mutilate and I'm generally unhappy. That's all, I suppose. Noone can know all the intricacies of your mind, other than yourself.

My parents and I don't have much of an open relationship. When I'm at home we'll be around it other but we don't speak. I get on with them, most of the time, but despite how often I am around them I feel quite distant. They know things about me that only they and I know, but that's not saying much because I don't have any friends. I don't think this will ever change, inculding the friends situation.

So you don't have any friends. Curious. Do you want friends?
Reply 196
Original post by M1F2R3
In a rage I physically attacked it... didn't turn on after that.

I broke my laptop's screen that way
Erm not a lot of stuff, but these are things that come to mind:

- My boyfriend was in a long-term relationship with someone else when he met me.
- I've never actually stayed over at one of my closest friend's house even though I've told my parents I have several times; I always stayed over at another (male) friend's house to have no-strings sex.
- Not only do and have I always shared a bed with my boyfriend, his mum actually bought a double bed for us to share so we'd be more comfortable
- I met one of my closest friends online. I told my mum that I met her through another friend, but to confuse her I purposely made sure that the two friends' names rhymed. Now whenever it gets brought up how I know her she's always incredibly confused because of the rhyming names, and so doesn't ask questions.
Reply 198
How sad I was still years after I'd told my mum. It just makes them sad/annoyed at me, they weren't exactly helping me through it with that. I'm pretty sure I was depressed enough to need to go to a doctor or therapist or something... I still have bad days.
Reply 199
Original post by c0nfus3d
:yep: me too

me three, if they knew how truly sad and worried I was about stuff then and now...

Quick Reply