The Student Room Group

How has the TSR affected you?

Did you meet someone here, learn something here, or become inspired by TSR?

Personally I have learned to be a lot less hot headed in my replies to people. When a post annoyed me because it seemed stupid, I used to respond in a negative way. TSR (especially the rep system) has helped me to be more considerate.

Edit: But maybe I should just be an a-hole on here, because I got 3 negs for this thread. wtf? dicks!
(edited 13 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Its ok to be bigoted, as long as its not bigoted...

Also; anon-posters, without a shadow of a doubt, be trollin'...
A poster said to me that "rep is a matter of life and death" and I said "it's more important than that".
I realised how stupid i am compared to everyone else :smile:
TSR has actually kept me sane during the past couple of weeks, odd as that may sound! I've been feeling pretty ill (just beginning to fade, some people on here know why) and this is literally the only place where there's always something to reply to!
Made loads of friends on here, plus always feel happy when can help someone out!

Especially over past month feel like I've become more a part of the community and that I'm really part of something special :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by greeneyedgirl
Made loads of friends on here,

Do you mean in person or just online / msn / facebook etc?
Just when I thought I was out, they pulled me back in
Reply 8

It's made me realize how awesome I am.

So I stay on here to help out the less awesome.

In the hope to spread the awesomeness, and one day, they too, can be as awesome, if not more.

I love you all.
Reply 9
The others are right. I go and cry in my room when a level 5 negative rep's me.
Original post by RELAXED
Do you mean in person or just online / msn / facebook etc?

Some I'm friends with IRL now, some are just online friends =D
Reply 11
Original post by Gemma :)!
TSR has actually kept me sane during the past couple of weeks, odd as that may sound! I've been feeling pretty ill (just beginning to fade, some people on here know why) and this is literally the only place where there's always something to reply to!

Ditto. And it's nice having some people to talk to who actually have an interest in education. And not think it's "uncool".
Original post by Yawn11
It's made me realize how awesome I am.

So I stay on here to help out the less awesome.

In the hope to spread the awesomeness, and one day, they too, can be as awesome, if not more.

I love you all.

Beat me to it. Total bastard.
TSR helped me get 5 offers.
Reply 14
Original post by Liam 09
The others are right. I go and cry in my room when a level 5 negative rep's me.

I made a thread about how **** the snow is and my rep has gone through the floor. I'm going in my room and slitting my wrist. :frown:
Really interesting Thread :biggrin:
I think, if I'm honest, TSR hasn't affected me a lot, however, I have found the advice of good, non-trolling TSR users very inciteful, and it's nice to know there's always @ least one person decent enough to talk to on here :tongue:
I also like to help people and join in on discussions I may not have a say in when with my real life Friends, mostly as such issues would never come up, even though it's obvious they affect lots of people :smile:
And it's amusing to see the trolls make such fools of themselves, even if they are just a bunch of idiots who could use an injection of manners :tongue: lol!!
Taught me to procrastinate like a pro.
Reply 17
Original post by DiZZeeKiD
Beat me to it. Total bastard.

Love you too baby.
Original post by Yawn11
Love you too baby.

Ta sexness.
You make friends?!? You "feel part of a community"?!?

YOU CARE ABOUT REP!!!

Wow... it seems most people one here are loosers.
Can you people not operate in the real world?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending