The Student Room Group

How has the TSR affected you?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
It hasn't.
I learnt a lot about universities, the whole UCAS jazz, picking A-levels...
Reply 22
Every now and then I learn something (mostly pointless internet memes). Even more occasionally, I actually change my opinion on something.

On a positive note, I now argue far less with my actual friends in real life, because I get my idiot-flaming off my chest on here. If someone says something idiotic down the pub I would have previously pointed out the holes in their feeble excuse for an argument, whereas now I just smile and indiscernably raise my right eyebrow.
TSR sped up the process of losing my faith. It was on the way out anyway, but TSR certainly helped it along.

Edit: Lol, how exactly is this post neg-worthy? It's not opinion, but simple fact.
(edited 13 years ago)
I've realized how sheltered I have been/am but also how much time I've got to...become not sheltered, if that's the right term. Some people on here are good at putting things in perspective, even if it is in a harsh way.

I've also learnt of a few internet memes such as "come at me bro" which always raises a smile.
Reply 25
Original post by spazman21
You make friends?!? You "feel part of a community"?!?

YOU CARE ABOUT REP!!!

Wow... it seems most people one here are loosers.
Can you people not operate in the real world?

How loose though? :awesome:
I find so many cool people on tsr really:yes:
Whether TSR is serving it's initial purpose is to be seen as it has many academia material it also is so bloody funny sometimes. + or - grades. IDK.
Reply 27
Original post by Casshern1456
I find so many cool people on tsr really:yes:
Whether TSR is serving it's initial purpose is to be seen as it has many academia material it also is so bloody funny sometimes. + or - grades. IDK.

Awwwhh this is obviously aimed at me. Thank you. :cool:

It has taught me that if you disagree with someone's view or offer a differing opinion... Negged.
So it has taught me that many students are very stubborn and not worth the time taken to speak to them because, as soon as you share your (differing) view, you will get Negged and receive a confrontational, possibly abusive reply.
Of course there are many friendly people. But a lot as described above.

Im sure i'll get Negged for this but im not too worried about my rating on the internet. So Neg away my friends :smile:
Reply 29
It made me procrastinate even more...! Helped me with uni applications and stuff. And met someone really awesome through TSR :h:
It's taught me to pander for people's affection with cheap gags and politically correct statements, which when you consider that I'm applying for Politics at uni... it's pretty helpful!
Original post by greeneyedgirl
Made loads of friends on here, plus always feel happy when can help someone out!

Especially over past month feel like I've become more a part of the community and that I'm really part of something special :smile:

Reply 32
It has definitely given me more information on medical schools than any prospectuses, websites etc ever could, and helped me to make better choices as to where to apply this time round :smile:

Plus it's an awesome boredom-buster, and people on here are generally nice :smile:
Original post by Yawn11
It's made me realize how awesome I am.

So I stay on here to help out the less awesome.

In the hope to spread the awesomeness, and one day, they too, can be as awesome, if not more.

I love you all.

Don't hold your breath for that standing ovation.
Reply 34
I've learnt a lot of random stuff, met some interesting people and found a wife so it has affected me quite a lot I guess!
Guess I've learnt one or two things...or three things or fo- Okay I've learnt a lot.

Since first using this website I've found out that there are some little minx's out there (-beads- anyone?)

Other notable stuff that I can't really be bothered writing...
I just like being able to give advice - (not always good but try to be) and get advice back when I need it. As has been said previously, theres always something different to write about, and it has kept me sane the last couple of months! :smile:
Reply 37
It has turned me into a sponge for other peoples university opinions. For better or for worse...
It has reaffirmed my hypothesis that most people on this planet are beyond retarded.
Reply 39
I love TSR because it has confirmed that I'm as brilliant as I think I am. My name is pronounced "God".

I'm ****ing brilliant.
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending