The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by NeonSkies
Comic genius there, no really, you deserve a prize for that.

What is wrong with some people, are you retarded or something. Sometimes people do not report problems to the police because they are too frightened to do so or do not know what to say. So I'm sorry Mr Know-it-all, but some are not as forthcoming as you may be. Get a life.

A perpetrator is what criminals are normally described as in the USA by the way, not in the UK. You need to stop watching so much TV.

If you can't handle the heat, get out of the fire. Simple.
Reply 121
1. go with male friends
2. dont dress like a whore
3. profit
Original post by Joel4fun4u
If you can't handle the heat, get out of the fire. Simple.

I really hope you don't get cornered and mugged by several men much stronger and taller than you then. You wouldn't be able to get out of that very easily, so it isn't always as simple as you suggest.
I really hope you don't get cornered and mugged by several men much stronger and taller than you then. You wouldn't be able to get out of that very easily, so it isn't always as simple as you suggest.

Look. I'll give you some advice that you should take.

Life is a maze of questions and answers. You give a little and you take a little. It's not all thick and thin.

When I was your age, I was selling lemonade by the gallon (because it was the best for miles), and you didn't hear old Ms May complaining next door about parking permission and trespassing. Not because she didn't want to, but because I contacted the council and got the necessary permission for my lemonade stall.

So now you see. A suitable case study for a real-word dilemma.
Original post by Anonymous
Anon as I know people on here.

I'm getting really sick of being treated like a piece of meat at clubs. Really sick of it. When I go to a club I don't go to pull, I go there to just chill out with my friends and dance a bit. I really love clubbing for that reason and don't want to stop going. But it seems that everytime I go out at the moment it turns into an unpleasant experience as I end up with loads of creeps following me, touching me, one guy even shoved his tongue down my throat without warning the other night. . . I always say "no" or "f*** off" or "I'm not interested" but still they pursue me, try to grind with me or something else.

Guys just don't take "No" for an answer, even if you say it repeatedly. Hell I even had to slap a guy recently and scream, "GET OFF ME!" and he still pursued me. What can I do?

Now don't get me wrong, if people want to pull at clubs that's fine, that's there call but I never ask for that kind of attention, i.e. I don't wear particularly tight or revealing clothing when I go out to get attention. I also don't drink, or drink that much, mostly because I had a horrible experience recently where my drink got spiked and I was dragged off to some guy's house.

I always thought pulling or meeting someone should be a sub aim of the evening, not the focus to find anything that moves to f***. All I want is to be left alone. And if someone wants to ask me out or hell, even pull me, they can treat me in a respectable manner and not try and pull my skirt up in a club or touch me.

Sorry about the rant. Anyone agree with me? Hell any advice? I really don't want to stop clubbing as I love it.

This is what happens at clubs if you're female and have made an effort to look nice.
Original post by Joel4fun4u
Look. I'll give you some advice that you should take.

Life is a maze of questions and answers. You give a little and you take a little. It's not all thick and thin.

When I was your age, I was selling lemonade by the gallon (because it was the best for miles), and you didn't hear old Ms May complaining next door about parking permission and trespassing. Not because she didn't want to, but because I contacted the council and got the necessary permission for my lemonade stall.

So now you see. A suitable case study for a real-word dilemma.

Yeah... whatever you say.
Yeah... whatever you say.

Well, that's what they say...

I'm getting really sick of being treated like a piece of meat at clubs. Really sick of it. When I go to a club I don't go to pull, I go there to just chill out with my friends and dance a bit. I really love clubbing for that reason and don't want to stop going. But it seems that everytime I go out at the moment it turns into an unpleasant experience as I end up with loads of creeps following me, touching me, one guy even shoved his tongue down my throat without warning the other night. . . I always say "no" or "f*** off" or "I'm not interested" but still they pursue me, try to grind with me or something else.

Guys just don't take "No" for an answer, even if you say it repeatedly. Hell I even had to slap a guy recently and scream, "GET OFF ME!" and he still pursued me. What can I do?

Now don't get me wrong, if people want to pull at clubs that's fine, that's there call but I never ask for that kind of attention, i.e. I don't wear particularly tight or revealing clothing when I go out to get attention. I also don't drink, or drink that much, mostly because I had a horrible experience recently where my drink got spiked and I was dragged off to some guy's house.

I always thought pulling or meeting someone should be a sub aim of the evening, not the focus to find anything that moves to f***. All I want is to be left alone. And if someone wants to ask me out or hell, even pull me, they can treat me in a respectable manner and not try and pull my skirt up in a club or touch me.

Sorry about the rant. Anyone agree with me? Hell any advice? I really don't want to stop clubbing as I love it.

there is an answer to this - go to gay bars - then you only get that issue if your a bloke, plus they are super fun
I have a really hot friend and she used to wear braces, she was really self-conscious so she would never smile, loads of people still fancied her bet never approached her. Now she has them off she smiles a lot more, so lots more people approach her now.

If you don't want people to approach you then don't look approachable, when a guy looks at you don't smile, don't look away STRAIGHT away as he still might approach you but just hold his gaze for a split second longer, not smiling, maybe even looking slightly annoyed, and then look away.

Also I second going to gay bars, they are fun and you rarely get approached by guys.
Original post by TShadow383
You're going to the wrong clubs then.
My girlfriend gets approached a lot by guys when we're clubbing, but you only seem to run into the confrontational ****erish sort at certain clubs (usually the cheaper, louder ones with less security).

This, IMHO, is the problem.
Reply 130
Cock tease.
Original post by TShadow383
^How to end up in A&E :tongue:

What, so now guys think it's ok to beat you up if you reject them?
I cannot fathom some people :rolleyes:
Reply 132

What kind of clubs do you go to? And how come you keep doing it when it seems like such a pain to have to go out to these places? I suppose one alternative I could suggest (since it appears you like the music) would be to have house parties where you can easily access Youtube playlists of similar remixes that are played in clubs, or go to gigs instead. If you enjoy the alcohol consumption, you could always buy the alcohol in supermarkets (since per unit, this works out alot cheaper!) or maybe frequent bars and clubs. Also, do you not find it incredibly difficult to communicate with your friends in a club since the music is apparently really loud?

I think one new idea could be having female-only clubs, where male friends could go 'by invitation only'. Do you think you would prefer this idea? Another approach may be for bouncers to use biometric software to identify people as they enter the club - then CCTV cameras could be installed on the dancefloor to identify incidents of harrassment or inappropriate conduct and the person(s) involved could be identifid using the biometric software? Have you tried socializing in restaurants or bars or malls before? Because although in an ideal world no men would harrass you at all, in a club it becomes very difficult to regulate that since people could be less identifiable than on the street and in a more 'public place'. Do you like the idea of 'female-only clubs' though, so you could feel safer?
Reply 133
Original post by Mm_Minty

Original post by Mm_Minty
What, so now guys think it's ok to beat you up if you reject them?
I cannot fathom some people :rolleyes:

Depends how they're rejected.
Always go with a group of friends you KNOW and STICK with them while in the club. You won't find a club anywhere where you don't have horny single guys looking for some love. If a dude is persistent on hitting on you then you either tell him to F off, get your friends to help you out or just knee him where it hurts.
theres nothing you can do, either deal with it, or stop going clubbing.. i recommend the latter.
Original post by tinshed
don't dress like a slut. if you are there to have a good time with your friends wear no make up, jeans and a baggy t-shirt. otherwise don't complain. if you dress provocatively then you deserve what comes your way. it's as simple as that.

She said she doesn't dress like that, read the thread!

To the OP just get someone to watch your drink in future and keep saying no to them guys, yeah some never get the hint but they'll get bored eventually.
Reply 137
I really appreciate you actually taking this seriously as it is serious.

No offense but foreigners are actually the worst, as they think they can get away with anything as they aren't in their own country. My German housemate was sympathising with me and told me that "unfortunately the rest of Europe thinks that English girls are whores" and its pretty awful.

lol english girls are easy, but being foreign myself, and going to russia/ukraine, the girls are 10 times hotter and easier to get. And If you go to clubs to chill, then make sure you always have a guy friend or something because that would put any guy coming up to you. I would never come up to a girl that already has a guy next to her..
Reply 138
It is best going to gay bars.
Nightclubs are basically free brothels. You don't go to a brothel to chat or relax do you?

Thats what Cafe Nero and Starbucks are for.

Latest

Trending

Trending