The Student Room Group

Glasgow Medicine Applicants 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 540
Original post by infernalcradle
Uk applicant...live in good ol' london

dont worry bro ... i live in london and got a 670 for my ukcat and got an interview so im sure youll get a letter soon ! Enjoy Christmas !
Original post by teafil
I've followed this thread. no one with less than a total of 2650 was called as i know and someone who phones their uni said that the lady there told them the cut off will be about 2600 or a bit higher... Are you gonna take the A-levels or just bacul? because I did have some problems regarding this (feels weird to talk in english to u :smile:)) )

Sorry but I have an interview with 2640 (660 avg) in Feb. :smile:
UKCAT of 725 (2900)...and I've heard **** all.....

this is depressing

You will definitely get an inteview with that UKCAT as long as you meet the academic stuff too. Don't worry! :wink:
i have an interview with 655. don't worry people :smile:
Reply 544

this is depressing

You should email Glasgow about it. When I emailed them a few days ago, I found out that I wasn't invited for an interview because they thought my AS grades were my A2 grades and that I was resitting them in June 2011...

Misunderstanding is cleared up now but.. -.-
(edited 13 years ago)

this is depressing

I know the feeling - UKCAT of 740 and I've heard nothing either (apart from the acknowledgement).

Just hoping they've not given out all their interviews yet...
Original post by Vulpes
You should email Glasgow about it. When I emailed them a few days ago, I found out that I wasn't invited for an interview because they thought my AS grades were my A2 grades and that I was resitting them in June 2011...

Misunderstanding is cleared up now but.. -.-

oh crap...I hope that hasn't happened to me....

what did you say in the email, as I am very very gaffe prone in emails and usually come across as a douche...which I really don't want to do this time :rolleyes:
Reply 547
oh crap...I hope that hasn't happened to me....

what did you say in the email, as I am very very gaffe prone in emails and usually come across as a douche...which I really don't want to do this time :rolleyes:

Erms. I told them it was my mistake that there was a misunderstanding, said I was sorry that such a thing happened and that I hoped that despite what happened, I would still be "given the opportunity to show my genuine interest in studying medicine at Glasgow."

Then I emailed a copy of the correspondence to my admissions officer who emailed them as well. No idea what my admissions officer said - will find out tmrw.

Don't use what I said in "quotes" or something similar cause thats what i said in the email and it would be pretty =S if you used the same wording.
Original post by Vulpes
Erms. I told them it was my mistake that there was a misunderstanding, said I was sorry that such a thing happened and that I hoped that despite what happened, I would still be "given the opportunity to show my genuine interest in studying medicine at Glasgow."

Then I emailed a copy of the correspondence to my admissions officer who emailed them as well. No idea what my admissions officer said - will find out tmrw.

Don't use what I said in "quotes" or something similar cause thats what i said in the email and it would be pretty =S if you used the same wording.

oh..so you had made the mistake on your UCAS form?

hmm...oh well, if thats happened to me, I'll find out when I get that good ol' rejection :biggrin:
Reply 549
Original post by Ayamma
This may seem like a stupid question but what exactly are plenaries?

Lectures for the entire year group
Reply 550
Original post by Ayamma
thanks.....errrm why r they not simply just called Lectures...dats pretty much what I got confused on

because Plenaries sounds much more awesome than lecture :smile:
Original post by Georgie Doll
I know the feeling - UKCAT of 740 and I've heard nothing either (apart from the acknowledgement).

Just hoping they've not given out all their interviews yet...

clearly saving the best till last...:colone:
Woman at admissions, just phoned 2 mins ago (don't know if any of this has been said before, haven't been keeping up to date with this thread, sorry!):

"We do not have a cut-off score as such, they are simply ranked in order. However, I can tell you the UKCAT scores this year are much higher than last year and it's unlikely you will be called for interview if your UKCAT score is below 2610."

I have 2540, dawg nabbit.
Original post by SophiaMaria
Woman at admissions, just phoned 2 mins ago (don't know if any of this has been said before, haven't been keeping up to date with this thread, sorry!):

"We do not have a cut-off score as such, they are simply ranked in order. However, I can tell you the UKCAT scores this year are much higher than last year and it's unlikely you will be called for interview if your UKCAT score is below 2610."

I have 2540, dawg nabbit.

That's why I didn't apply there, and they do kind of have a cut-off, basically the lowest or 800th score, if that makes sense!
it's unlikely you will be called for interview if your UKCAT score is below 2610.

Oh dear lord.
Original post by Caponester
Oh dear lord.

BUT I wouldn't take that as like a confirmed cut off. She only said it was unlikely you'd get an interview with a score under 2610, not for sure, so don't worry about it!
BUT I wouldn't take that as like a confirmed cut off. She only said it was unlikely you'd get an interview with a score under 2610, not for sure, so don't worry about it!

I know, but it's very difficult not to worry. You feel reasonably confident with four choices but with this news and a rejection from Dundee all but the most optimistic folk would say I was down to two choices... who I haven't heard anything from.

Terrible.

How is your application getting on?
Original post by Caponester
I know, but it's very difficult not to worry. You feel reasonably confident with four choices but with this news and a rejection from Dundee all but the most optimistic folk would say I was down to two choices... who I haven't heard anything from.

Terrible.

How is your application getting on?

I know it's really difficult keeping the faith! Hope you're alright :frown:
I got rejected from Dundee last week, and just found out that thing from Glasgow today, got Edinburgh and Aberdeen left... I realise Edinburgh is unlikely to the money is on Aberdeen! Got my unconditional for 5th choice at Edinburgh today though :smile:

What's your "stats"? New to this "tsr" lingo.
Reply 558
I also called today. Bit worried about not getting a letter. The lady there told me that they'd be sending interview offers until February and that they will probably start sending some more only after New Year.

(I know most of you guys already have an interview but for those with high UKCAT scores still waiting... I hope I've been useful:smile: )

this is depressing

Calm it! You're guarnteed an interview. They take you alphabetical order of surname. Source: interview man.

Quick Reply