The Student Room Group

Cambridge Applicants Game 2011

Attention Applicant Game Users

Even though I need to hear from one more person, I have been able to work out who the winner is.

We have a two way tie. The two winners are:

8. Farhan.Hanif93

l4ith
Goldfishy
Jonnyboy1993
Schnecke

LukethePianoMan

14. broadwayrachel

cpdavis
l4ith
Lyam

shannon14
Doughnuts!!!

Although Lukethepianoman hasn't heard yet, I worked out that the only way that Farhan.Hanif93 would have won over broadwayrachel is if LukethePianoMan got an offer, so I have decided that we should have a 2 way tie for the outcome.

All game users who are number 1-11 should give pos rep to Farhan.Hanif93, which you can get to his profile by this link

All game users who are number 12-21 should give pos rep to broadwayrachel, which you can get to his profile by this link

Well done for everyone who participated and wish you the best of luck for the future!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
(edited 13 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

This game is a bit sadistic
Reply 2
Can I suggest that the choices are made anonymous? So instead you just have a list of people that have taken part in the competition rather than including what people have chosen. Otherwise it does seem a bit ostenatious :s-smilie: Or at least include spoilers or something?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Goldfishy
Can I suggest that the choices are made anonymous? So instead you just have a list of people that have taken part in the competition rather than including what people have chosen. Otherwise it does seem a bit ostenatious :s-smilie: Or at least include spoilers or something?

Changed it :biggrin: Thanks for the idea
Reply 4
yeah, this does work better anon. it's pretty interesting to play and certainly will be reassuring for the few who do find themselves opening rejection letters in january- they'll have the consolation of knowing that to somebody, they were an absolute safe bet! it's so important to bear in mind that offers are subjective and just because cambridge don't have a place for someone, this doesn't mean another excellent uni won't fall in love with their application and want to make them the easiest offer ever.

i had trouble narrowing my list down to 5. some have immaculate grades, some show incredible passion for their subject and some... i just think they'd take to cambridge like a duck to water. i've tried to be fair and not just limit myself to people i've spoken to at length/ met in person and particularly liked, however everyone will be a little biased i guess. the better you know someone, the stronger an opinion you can form about them :dontknow:

but gah, there are so many people on here who deserve offers :tongue:
Reply 5
Original post by Kobie
yeah, this does work better anon. it's pretty interesting to play and certainly will be reassuring for the few who do find themselves opening rejection letters in january- they'll have the consolation of knowing that to somebody, they were an absolute safe bet! it's so important to bear in mind that offers are subjective and just because cambridge don't have a place for someone, this doesn't mean another excellent uni won't fall in love with their application and want to make them the easiest offer ever.

i had trouble narrowing my list down to 5.
some have immaculate grades, some show incredible passion for their subject and some... i just think they'd take to cambridge like a duck to water. i've tried to be fair and not just limit myself to people i've spoken to at length/ met in person and particularly liked, however everyone will be a little biased i guess. the better you know someone, the stronger an opinion you can form about them :dontknow:

but gah, there are so many people on here who deserve offers :tongue:

Ditto, especially to the bit in bold. I decided to just quickly choose five people I thought had a really strong chance, otherwise it would be too difficult to narrow it down. I think that by doing that I may have made some omissions I am feeling pretty bad about, because there are certainly more than five people on here I am fairly confident will get an offer.
Reply 6
Original post by Ray_Han
I think that by doing that I may have made some omissions I am feeling pretty bad about, because there are certainly more than five people on here I am fairly confident will get an offer.

Yeah me too > <
Reply 7
would it be wrong if i nominated me?:K: lol

(just asking, i didn't)
Someone predicted me, I'm honoured, I hope I don't let them down!
Reply 9
:ottid:

Original post by LukethePianoMan
Oh my god guys - pressure!!! I really hope I do you proud, thank you :blush:
Sent mine to you cp :biggrin:
What about somebody that's been on the thread once in the past but isn't a regular? :holmes:
Reply 12
Original post by Doughnuts!!
What about somebody that's been on the thread once in the past but isn't a regular? :holmes:

Yeah that should be ok.

BTW, how is revision for Jan exams going? did you find that thread with the C3 paper?
Original post by cpdavis
Yeah that should be ok.

BTW, how is revision for Jan exams going? did you find that thread with the C3 paper?

Yeah, found the C3 paper in the end. Funnily enough, C3 is the least of my worries. I'm more worried about Econ Unit 3 and S1!

What about you? How's the revision going?
Reply 14
Yeah, found the C3 paper in the end. Funnily enough, C3 is the least of my worries. I'm more worried about Econ Unit 3 and S1!

What about you? How's the revision going?

Not sure about Econ, but I can tell you that S1 isn't that bad! Its practically just a paper full of number crunching with some probability (which I found the most interesting bit :biggrin:)

This Christmas, actually at my tutors house doing all my work, as he can help me with Physics and also I get less distracted. But apart from that, revision is going well!

Heard from Nottingham yet by any chance?
Original post by cpdavis
Not sure about Econ, but I can tell you that S1 isn't that bad! Its practically just a paper full of number crunching with some probability (which I found the most interesting bit :biggrin:)

This Christmas, actually at my tutors house doing all my work, as he can help me with Physics and also I get less distracted. But apart from that, revision is going well!

Heard from Nottingham yet by any chance?

I hate probability! But yeah, S1 as a whole isn't too bad.

Nottingham are gonna be the last uni to get back to me. They said that Law applicants won't hear until February. :sad:
Reply 16
Original post by LukethePianoMan

Touché sir...
Reply 17
I hate probability! But yeah, S1 as a whole isn't too bad.

Nottingham are gonna be the last uni to get back to me. They said that Law applicants won't hear until February. :sad:

February! That is a really long wait, but by then, you should have 4 offers anyway :biggrin:

You will be fine for Jan, and you will come out with all your A*s !!
Three people think that I'm going to get an offer?!? I'm glad that somebody believes in me, but I fear that they may be disappointed.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 19
Three people think that I'm going to get an offer?!? I'm glad that somebody believes in me, but I fear that you may be disappointed.

THREE people think that I'm going to get an offer too.

Wow. :')

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending