The Student Room Group

White People's Inventions

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Law123mus
Ok first of all you are lying about being in your early twenties and own a business whilst managing another whilst whatever other fabricated story you can come up with.
Why does it say you go to school? If you are such a successful school leaver, why are you in a student forum? Wouldn't you have better things to do if you are so successful?

Go make a thread about race and iq. The reason the 'lefties' dispute what you are saying in these threads is because it's utterly false, not because they're bleeding their hearts out. There is no such thing as 'race' beneath the human race category. And the colour of your skin does not determine how smart you are. Stop lying and trying to kid on you are something special because you're not. You're an average Joe like everybody else in this website, whether black, white or indifferent!

I love the race doesn't exist card, it really serves to show how biased you are. If you found any cell or part of a human, science would easily be able to ascertain what race that person was; whether it was a skin cell, a bone, a toe, an organ, or even a hair. We are that different on a biological level. Drugs even interact differently between different races, and races even have different dispositions to diseases. The idea that these differences would have skipped out the brain is wishful thinking that isn't backed up by science or the world around us. Stop hiding behind the fact we overlap at the edges of civilisations. Chinese peasants with no education are smarter than black peasants with no education, and black peasants are stronger than Chinese peasants. I realise this offends your liberal sensibilities but it is a fact. It is like arguing that a Bassett Hound is as clever as a collie, or that a pug can run as fast as a whippet! Like dogs, birds, monkeys, lemurs, whales, and any other species of animal with subspecies, humans were not created equal in every aspect of their abilities. Now go cry.
China was a far more advanced civilization before the white man came to power. Same goes for the middle east and India while Europe was still in the Dark Ages. White people kinda "borrowed" knowledge from all other civilizations before they started screwing up others in return and poor Africa happened to be caught in the net...
But whats the past is the past. We can't judge the present based on the past when obviously society has changed in a way no one would have even predicted in the past. These threads are nothing more than annoying and a nesting ground for other trolls to have a gang bang. If you have love for your own race, you only leave space to discriminate :smile:. Merry Christmas but don't expect Santa Claus to be giving you any presents this year :wink:.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 82
Original post by captnibby1234
China was a far more advanced civilization before the white man came to power. Same goes for the middle east and India while Europe was still in the Dark Ages. White people kinda "borrowed" knowledge from all other civilizations before they started screwing up others in return and poor Africa happened to be caught in the net...
But whats the past is the past. We can't judge the present based on the past when obviously society has changed in a way no one would have even predicted in the past. These threads are nothing more than annoying and a nesting ground for other trolls to have a gang bang. If you have love for your own race, you only leave space to discriminate :smile:. Merry Christmas but don't expect Santa Claus to be giving you any presents this year :wink:.

White people had some of the gaps in their knowledge filled in by civilisations gone by, but they weren't reliant on it. So much maths and science was replicated between Russia and America during the Cold War alone it is a completely unsubstantiated claim that whites would not have discovered such things for themselves. I would also like to see your source for the claim that whites, when pursuing science between say 1600 and 1800, even had access to the science carried out by the Chinese and Middle Easterns.

It is ironic that people keep saying 'but but this race did xyz, and to top it off there is no such thing as race, love everyone', it was like that stupid race and IQ program where the guy spent the first half saying IQ didn't exist and the 2nd half trying to prove blacks could score as high as whites (using single examples vs hoards of studies and research).
Reply 84
I don't see what past inventions have to do with the superiority (or lack of) of certain races today.

For example, White people today didn't enslave Blacks and steal from Indians, etc. So they can't be blamed for all that.

But at the same time, White people today didn't build the country they live in. They didn't build the British Empire, or the industries that made this country what it is. They didn't invent some of the greatest inventions of history. White people of the past did.

White people today inherited their standard of living, and their (arguably) superior social standing, they didn't necessarily earn it. It's called White privilege. It's hard to tell whether Whites today are aware of this or not.

Personally, I don't give a ****. I'm more interested in building my own people's privilege, than whining about White people's privilege (which ain't gonna last forever anyway).
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 85
Original post by EskimoJo
Nope. White people 'invented' that to suggest Black people were more like animals.

but if it's meant to be something derogatory. why are guys with big penises so proud? :confused: or jealous of others who push the national average up high?!
Reply 86
Original post by ahnaf.c
but if it's meant to be something derogatory. why are guys with big penises so proud? :confused: or jealous of others who push the national average up high?!

Times have changed.
Original post by NigerianStudent
Usually any time I get into a debate with a white person and they see I am getting the better of the debate they will usually pull out two things

1) White People’s Invention And Creations 2) Race and IQ

First off I always find funny that when I point out the bad that whites have done, whites are quick to point out how other people have done it too. Like with the slave trade they quickly point out that Africans and Arabs did it too.

HISTORICAL CONTEXT SUDDENLY MATTERS

But when it comes to the good things, like inventions, white people act like they are the only ones then

HISTORICAL CONTEXT SUDDENLY DOES NOT MATTER

Indeed white people’s inventions And creations and Race and IQ are usually the two main arguments that whites will use to prove how they are the most progressive and advanced of all the races.

White people will talk about there inventions for 3 reason

1. To show that whites are the best regardless of how much racism they have have practised.
2. To change the subject. It is a great way to derail any argument about white racism: blacks hate this argument and will jump on it, quickly forgetting whatever they were talking about before. (I have done this myself)
3. To point out that x would not even be possible without white people. For example, when arguing about how racist a programme is, whites will sometimes try to end the argument by pointing out that it was whites who invented the TV in the first place.

What is wrong with this argument:

If inventions “prove” one part of mankind is better than all the rest, then the Chinese and black people have a way better claim than whites. White people would be nowhere without four Chinese inventions : Gunpowder, The Compass, Paper and the Printing press. Whites rise to world power was built on these.

In fact, before 1500 there were very few white inventions but plenty of Chinese and Egyptian ones.The Egyptians invented civilization itself along with stuff like writing, calendars, irrigation, mining, first to study Math, first to build modern cities and so on.

However I will not deny whites there inventions and a lot of the inventions of the past few hundred years were made by white people. But that is only because they have been on top in that time. If it’s because white ppl are born with more intelligent, then white people would have been on top all throughout history not just a fifth of it. British and American power is fresh in our thoughts, but it’s just the latest chapter in the book of history.

Onto Race and IQ next.

That was such unreadable drivel I got bored after the first paragraph.
Reply 88
Original post by EskimoJo
Times have changed.

how has it changed? you like big, medium or small ones? :sexface:
Original post by easyindeed
The Inventor's league table.

Lmao
Original post by Elipsis
I love the race doesn't exist card, it really serves to show how biased you are. If you found any cell or part of a human, science would easily be able to ascertain what race that person was; whether it was a skin cell, a bone, a toe, an organ, or even a hair. We are that different on a biological level. Drugs even interact differently between different races, and races even have different dispositions to diseases. The idea that these differences would have skipped out the brain is wishful thinking that isn't backed up by science or the world around us. Stop hiding behind the fact we overlap at the edges of civilisations. Chinese peasants with no education are smarter than black peasants with no education, and black peasants are stronger than Chinese peasants. I realise this offends your liberal sensibilities but it is a fact. It is like arguing that a Bassett Hound is as clever as a collie, or that a pug can run as fast as a whippet! Like dogs, birds, monkeys, lemurs, whales, and any other species of animal with subspecies, humans were not created equal in every aspect of their abilities. Now go cry.

Cool story bro:borat:
Original post by jimcatinnes
You've met some seriously f***ed up white people if this is all you end up talking about. But then maybe you just tend to steer the conversation this way.
I've never had a conversation like this with anyone, online or in real life. I think you need to stop looking at it like people are trying to get the better of each other. Look at the similarities not the differences.
This kind of talk is what fuels racism.

You haven't answered him, neither has anybody else.

Africans haven't invented much, nor contributed much to the sum of human civilisation. Why not?
Reply 92
............... so what if a white guy invented something and then got super tanned? did Micheal jacksons voice change when he turned white?
Reply 93
Chinese people will be pretty pissed if they are counted as black. So would most Egyptians.
Original post by Yawn!
I don't see what past inventions have to do with the superiority (or lack of) of certain races today.

For example, White people today didn't enslave Blacks and steal from Indians, etc. So they can't be blamed for all that.

But at the same time, White people today didn't build the country they live in. They didn't build the British Empire, or the industries that made this country what it is. They didn't invent some of the greatest inventions of history. White people of the past did.

White people today inherited their standard of living, and their (arguably) superior social standing, they didn't necessarily earn it. It's called White privilege. It's hard to tell whether Whites today are aware of this or not.

Personally, I don't give a ****. I'm more interested in building my own people's privilege, than whining about White people's privilege (which ain't gonna last forever anyway).

The personal computer and the World Wide Web were invented by white people. Are these past inventions, or things at the least that don't exist today? lol...

Africans are the world's bitch, and always have been.
Reply 95
Original post by boromir9111
Society.

Not in America, now at least.
Reply 96
Original post by Van_der_Waals

Original post by Van_der_Waals
I like how your examples of 'un-white' inventions are credited to either the Chinese or Egyptians, neither of whom are actually black.

Blacks are crap at inventing stuff. So what? That doesn't make them inherently bad people. Grow up and stop arguing about a non-existent issue.

Egyptians and Chinese aren't black!? Go back to the history books mate

And the Poster was referring to non-white inventions
Reply 97
Original post by Law123mus
Cool story bro:borat:

I'd say that too if I had my views and beliefs pissed all over that badly LOL. You were quite happy to debate before it was a challenge, now you revert to immaturity. Go cry into your Guardian you brainless retard :bawling:.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Hooj
Not in America, now at least.

Very true! :yes:
...you're still trolling with the race card? Get a life dude, seriously.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending