The Student Room Group

Am I just being silly?

Right I am a virgin :colondollar:, and I am 18, and I really like this boy but I know he will want sex in the long run, is there any point in me getting in a relationship with him if I know he is going to want sex sooner or later? I obviously do not mind but I just don't see him staying with me for long, maybe a year or so but no longer and I am not prepared to lose my virginity to someone that does not want to be with me for a long period time...

Do I know bother getting in a relationship with him:s-smilie:
Well, aren't you going to want to have sex sooner or later? Or are you waiting for marriage?

Keep in mind that just because someone says they want to be with you long term, doesn't mean that will be what actually happens.

If you like someone and want to be with them, just go for it. You might as well give the relationship a go than never try.

If he is worth being with he will respect you enough to wait until you are ready.
Reply 2
Original post by secret_smile
Well, aren't you going to want to have sex sooner or later? Or are you waiting for marriage?

Keep in mind that just because someone says they want to be with you long term, doesn't mean that will be what actually happens.

If you like someone and want to be with them, just go for it. You might as well give the relationship a go than never try.

If he is worth being with he will respect you enough to wait until you are ready.

Yeah thats true, I wanted to keep it for marriage but I don't really mind but the only reason why I think it want it to be that way is because I am scared of being used :s-smilie:,
Reply 3
if you're 100% sure you won't be with him for very long + you want to lose your virginity with someone who you want to be in a relationship with for a long period of time = no sexy time ^^ so therefore = no relationship.

right? :smile: unless you really like this guy and don't mind losing your virginity to him. tbh losing mine wasn't that big of a deal, i didn't wake up the next day and feel a completely different person or anything, but it's different for different people, just consider that ^.^
Never miss a chance, otherwise you'll be forever thinking "What if...?"
Reply 5
Original post by deavinj
if you're 100% sure you won't be with him for very long + you want to lose your virginity with someone who you want to be in a relationship with for a long period of time = no sexy time ^^ so therefore = no relationship.

right? :smile: unless you really like this guy and don't mind losing your virginity to him. tbh losing mine wasn't that big of a deal, i didn't wake up the next day and feel a completely different person or anything, but it's different for different people, just consider that ^.^

LOL! so true, I think thats why I push boys away :frown: I just can't be asked with sex because all my friends have been used in one way or another and I have to watch them cry and stuff its horrible :frown: ... but I know what you mean, I just dont want to regret it lol so by making sure of that I really need to think to myself whether I liek him enough :smile:
It's not silly if that's your opinion. I'm kinda in the same situation as you, i've decided to just go ahead with the relationship, if he decides that he can't wait for sex before i'm ready then i'll walk away. No harm in testing the waters i feel!
Original post by UniquaLove
Yeah thats true, I wanted to keep it for marriage but I don't really mind but the only reason why I think it want it to be that way is because I am scared of being used :s-smilie:,

The only way you could end up being 'used' is if you give it up very early on in the relationship, without getting to know the guy properly and what his intentions are. Then it turns out you wanted something serious and he didn't realise this and just wanted some casual fun. If you want something long term you should try and make that clear from the start.

If you get to know the guy, he is really nice, you have a great time together, hes respectful etc, and you want to take it further and be intimate with him, then even if a year down the line it turns out you weren't perfect for eachother that doesn't mean he 'used' you.

Just means it was good at the time and over time you grew apart. It's very common and it is not always a bad thing.

:smile:
Right I am a virgin :colondollar:, and I am 18, and I really like this boy but I know he will want sex in the long run, is there any point in me getting in a relationship with him if I know he is going to want sex sooner or later? I obviously do not mind but I just don't see him staying with me for long, maybe a year or so but no longer and I am not prepared to lose my virginity to someone that does not want to be with me for a long period time...

Do I know bother getting in a relationship with him:s-smilie:

Go with him, just keep to your views on sex. If you are so strong in your views about saving yourself, you can still have a relationship.
If he cannot cope without sex, that's his problem.

Go for it
Reply 9
Original post by skinny-minnie
It's not silly if that's your opinion. I'm kinda in the same situation as you, i've decided to just go ahead with the relationship, if he decides that he can't wait for sex before i'm ready then i'll walk away. No harm in testing the waters i feel!

Yeah I think I will give it a go :smile: thanks for that xx
Reply 10
Original post by secret_smile
The only way you could end up being 'used' is if you give it up very early on in the relationship, without getting to know the guy properly and what his intentions are. Then it turns out you wanted something serious and he didn't realise this and just wanted some casual fun. If you want something long term you should try and make that clear from the start.

If you get to know the guy, he is really nice, you have a great time together, hes respectful etc, and you want to take it further and be intimate with him, then even if a year down the line it turns out you weren't perfect for eachother that doesn't mean he 'used' you.

Just means it was good at the time and over time you grew apart. It's very common and it is not always a bad thing.

:smile:

Yeah true! :smile: very true thanks :biggrin: xx
Reply 11
Original post by super.teve
Go with him, just keep to your views on sex. If you are so strong in your views about saving yourself, you can still have a relationship.

Go for it

LOL! Very true yeah I will give it a go THANKS for that :smile: x:biggrin:
Errrrrrr, why will this relationship only last a year? Bit young to be so fatalistic, little mate.
Reply 13
Original post by JCC-MGS
Errrrrrr, why will this relationship only last a year? Bit young to be so fatalistic, little mate.

Lol I dont know, because he has always been in long relationships and my only relationship ive been in was 3 years, so i was just making an estimate lol thas all
Reply 14

Go for it

Was looking at your spoiler :smile: and was looking at your A levels and I do english lit o lol! and I was wondering you see the prose I know what structure is but what is form when analysing the prose :s
Original post by Drunk Punx
Never miss a chance, otherwise you'll be forever thinking "What if...?"

This. There's no point worrying about what "might" happen in the future. When you get into a relationship with someone, the thought is generally going to be there that you're going to have sex "sooner or later".
Was looking at your spoiler :smile: and was looking at your A levels and I do english lit o lol! and I was wondering you see the prose I know what structure is but what is form when analysing the prose :s

Prose is the style really, :smile:
I did that, got full marks at AS, if it's wrong, then I had **** markers :P
Reply 17
Prose is the style really, :smile:
I did that, got full marks at AS, if it's wrong, then I had **** markers :P

Loooool!! you mustaa been talking sensee lool! :smile: andd thankss!! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending