The Student Room Group

How has the TSR affected you?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Nizzay!
TSR has taught me three things.

1. Real life girls are not the same to the ones on TSR.
2. Hate on religion. Athiesm is absolute.
3. Investment Banking, Medicine & Law related careers > everything else.

:rolleyes:

You do realise we don't solely exist in the internet and are real too? :tongue:
Sleep deprivation :frown:
I was such a naive lass, its opened my mind in many ways.
Reply 63
I'm now pretty paranoid that every guy I meet secretly sees me as inferior to him.
Original post by ArcadiaHouse
lol! been sat here for like a minute laughing at this :biggrin:
Reply 65
Original post by RELAXED
Did you meet someone here, learn something here, or become inspired by TSR?

Personally I have learned to be a lot less hot headed in my replies to people. When a post annoyed me because it seemed stupid, I used to respond in a negative way. TSR (especially the rep system) has helped me to be more considerate.

PS.
Please give examples and explain your answer if you wouldn't mind.

I enjoy posting here, and probably spend more time here than I should, but oh well.

If anything, giving people some dating advice in the 'health & relationships' forum has made me realise how insecure and confused most young guys and girls are when it comes to dating....geez, some of the posts there just crack me up! Reading their posts also makes me realise how far I've come in recent years...

TSR is certainly an entertaining place.
Reply 66
when i read the politics forum i want to stab most people and also you used a tautology in your thread title but someone has probably already mentioned that because tsr is full of gimps who pick up on stuff like that and will tell you and post a rolleyes smiley :rolleyes: i also want to stab them
Reply 67
I procrastinate even more than I perviously did :frown: I have found somewhere I can have a proper conversation about some stuff I am interested in (F1, BTCC, Cycling, Games). Made a close friend who has helped me out with lots of stuff, thank you TSR :smile:
Reply 68
TSR puts you in your place.
Original post by Mr. Orange
A poster said to me that "rep is a matter of life and death" and I said "it's more important than that".

That's the most profound, insightful thing I've ever heard. Sigged. :borat:

Original post by mia_14
x

You're only a lil'un at 300 or so posts. Pipe down noob. :pierre:

Original post by Mm_Minty
I'm now pretty paranoid that every guy I meet secretly sees me as inferior to him.

Me too. :holmes:
Reply 70
Err.. Not much. Except being annoyed at many people, a lot of trolls dwell here. A lot of them are misogynist trolls. I'm beyond sick of gender wars. But I've met some very cool people as well.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by beecher
when i read the politics forum i want to stab most people and also you used a tautology in your thread title but someone has probably already mentioned that because tsr is full of gimps who pick up on stuff like that and will tell you and post a rolleyes smiley :rolleyes: i also want to stab them

What's wrong with the ':rolleyes:' smiley? It's an integral part of TSR - where would the grammar nazi's be without it?
Reply 72
Original post by lovely_me
What's wrong with the ':rolleyes:' smiley? It's an integral part of TSR - where would the grammar nazi's be without it?

Indeed, my usage of TSR would be severely hindered without :rolleyes:
It's turned me into a grammar nazi. For example when seeing the title of this thread I felt a compulsion to tell you the "T" in "TSR" stands for "The" and so "The TSR" is incorrect. Why I'm wasting my time telling you this, I have no idea. I guess it's the TSR effect, or maybe I'm just a tit.

It's like when people say "PIN number"......AAAARRRGHHHH!!
Met one of my good friends at Uni through TSR :wink: also a lot of help and support on here for other things. This is SOOOOOOO much better than facebook :smile:
I thought I was a fairly clever guy before I joined and discovered hundreds of intelligent discussions about s*** I can't even begin to understand.

So basically, it has shattered my self confidence and made me realise that no matter how hard I try, there will always be someone out there who's better than me. I TSR.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 76
Original post by lovely_me

:rolleyes:
The TSR? The The Student Room?
Reply 78
I like meeting authentic British Persons. I only meet profs who are native speakers at university but I like to see the differences between Germans and British in ways of thinking sometimes. I am also interested in the social development of teenagers in GB. Interesting to tell students at school.

I have not met so many people to be in contact with but at least one of them is great. I really appreciate her and we have a lot of fun and laughter at msn some days. She is younger than me but that does not matter. She is great. She helps me and I do it in return. We learn funny idioms in German and English from each other. I am glad to have found tsr.

I am also surprised to see how open-minded and tolerant people here are when I start asking funny qusstions about things I did not understand as a foreigner. I like tsr and it changed my view of people in the UK.

I learned that there are German Christmas markets, that some people are still a bit prudish there. the other case is being very childish. :-) I also learned that you can pierce or tattoo your body without parental permission in England. I learned a bunch of collocial vocab and not to be find in a dictionary like to merk sb.

resume: funny and interesting not only from a linguistic point of view.

MeT an amazing person :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending