The Student Room Group

Your blood type?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Cliftonville-fan
Meee! Though I'm absolutely petrified of needles, hence why I can only do it once in a while when I get my confidence up to do it. It's such a good feeling if you do get to do it, even if I feel a wee bit sick after it cos I hate blood etc. Oh, and make sure you're not extremely skinny like me and end up feeling dead after it. They do numerous checks and stuff on you but make sure you're actually physically fit to do it. If I can do it, anyone can :biggrin: My friend really wanted to do it, and tried her best to push her weight up a few pounds so she could get her badge, they figured her out tho haha. But I didn't get my badge though, I'm still raging :nope:

Ps. O+
It rules!!

It's actually nice to see someone who gives blood that hates needles :P
Reply 61
No idea. Would like to know. But even my parents don't know.
Reply 62
O+, the best one.
Reply 63
AB +
Original post by Cynthi007

So I change the poll. :smile: who of you donates blood?

I used to. Then I switched to donating platelets instead.
Most of the people who do platelet donation are big beefy guys. The nurses used to do a double-take when they saw me, a young girl with arms like strands of spaghetti, sat there instead. :P
Reply 65
Original post by Cliftonville-fan
Meee! Though I'm absolutely petrified of needles, hence why I can only do it once in a while when I get my confidence up to do it. It's such a good feeling if you do get to do it, even if I feel a wee bit sick after it cos I hate blood etc. Oh, and make sure you're not extremely skinny like me and end up feeling dead after it. They do numerous checks and stuff on you but make sure you're actually physically fit to do it. If I can do it, anyone can :biggrin: My friend really wanted to do it, and tried her best to push her weight up a few pounds so she could get her badge, they figured her out tho haha. But I didn't get my badge though, I'm still raging :nope:

Ps. O+
It rules!!

I do it regularly and I am also a bit tired afterwards but that is ok. Women have to pause 3 months here before they could go to donate blood again. I will go in january. The red cross send me a chip card with a sensor. they called me whether I want to particiüate a new programme. I agreed. Why not? I am not skinny.

0 + rules?? why? 0- is universal helper for all. :-P
Reply 66
O+ :smile:
Original post by S129439
IB+

"As in I BE POSITIVE YOU AINT TOUCHIN ME WITH NO NEEDLE!"

- Bruce Almighty :smile:

But seriously, it's A+. Just under a third of the population of the UK have this.

I love that film!
I have no idea what I am, but will be finding out this week oddly enough!
Reply 68
Original post by minimus777
Well my mum is A, my dad is B and my sister's O so i just assumed.... :s-smilie:

(please correct me if my assumption is wrong, biology is not my strong point :colondollar:)

you are right then, biologgy whizz :wink:
B- ... Like my grades -_-;;
Original post by Vijay2010
B+ anyone?

EDIT: Yes G8D :biggrin:

Me too B+!
Reply 71
Original post by dothestrand
AB negative, the rarest type :cool:

Isn't +ve or -ve O the rarest being recessive and all
Reply 72
Never bothered to check, not sure whether the fact that i'm mixed race affects anything.
Reply 73
Original post by Gemma :)!
I love that film!
I have no idea what I am, but will be finding out this week oddly enough!

are you donating? or finding out some other way?, out of curiosity :smile:
O+.
O+
Original post by Gemma2010
are you donating? or finding out some other way?, out of curiosity :smile:

I found out I was pregnant a couple of weeks back & have to have a blood test for some reason.. in which they said they'd be able to tell me my group x
No idea.
Reply 78
B-, only 2% of the population have it :gah:
Reply 79
I don't know. :sad: My mum would have known.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending