The Student Room Group

Hope you can give me the best xmas gift by helping me~!

The story is short. York sent me an offer today, charging me oversea fee. I am a UK citizen holding a UK passport, and I have studied here for nearly 5 years now. I put my permanent UK address on my ucas, plus 02 for the fee code which is the local fee one. I also put ' no visa required', and as what a local student does, I did not put any passport detail down as I do not have to.

The question is, as you might already know, why they are charging me oversea?

One of the possible mistake I made is, I received a quesionnaire from ucas track 3 weeks ago regarding to fee, visa and passport. Perhaps I inserted some wrong information there, although the questionnaire only required me to tick some boxes and once again, it did not allowed me to enter my passport detail.

As the feeling of joy and anxious continue to mix up, I can't stop wondering 'Will they change their mind even if I really made a mistake?" What do you guys think I should do? Thanks in advance to you all~~
Could just be an administrative error. Best bet is to phone them and see what's up.
Phone them up and see!

Think about the quantity of applicants they are dealing with, easy for them to just press wrong button :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by vincentbbb
The story is short. York sent me an offer today, charging me oversea fee. I am a UK citizen holding a UK passport, and I have studied here for nearly 5 years now. I put my permanent UK address on my ucas, plus 02 for the fee code which is the local fee one. I also put ' no visa required', and as what a local student does, I did not put any passport detail down as I do not have to.

The question is, as you might already know, why they are charging me oversea?

One of the possible mistake I made is, I received a quesionnaire from ucas track 3 weeks ago regarding to fee, visa and passport. Perhaps I inserted some wrong information there, although the questionnaire only required me to tick some boxes and once again, it did not allowed me to enter my passport detail.

As the feeling of joy and anxious continue to mix up, I can't stop wondering 'Will they change their mind even if I really made a mistake?" What do you guys think I should do? Thanks in advance to you all~~

They won't withdraw your offer - just explain to them your situation.
Reply 4
Original post by Potally_Tissed
Could just be an administrative error. Best bet is to phone them and see what's up.

But what about if it was my error? I mean if I put some wrong details, will the uni say 'oh because you are the one who made the mistake, now i am charging you oversea?
Reply 5
Original post by greeneyedgirl
Phone them up and see!

Think about the quantity of applicants they are dealing with, easy for them to just press wrong button :smile:

well your response is definately soothing :wink: you can soothe me once more by telling me can the uni still charged me oversea even though I show them all the proves?
well your response is definately soothing :wink: you can soothe me once more by telling me can the uni still charged me oversea even though I show them all the proves?

Technically shouldn't be able to if you fully qualify as a home student.
But what about if it was my error? I mean if I put some wrong details, will the uni say 'oh because you are the one who made the mistake, now i am charging you oversea?

I'm pretty sure they're not allowed to charge you overseas fees if you're not an overseas student.
Reply 8
They can't charge overseas fees, but they can withdraw the offer. Since UCAS sent you the form too it does sound as though you did something wrong. Contact UCAS tomorrow.
Reply 9
Original post by Juno
They can't charge overseas fees, but they can withdraw the offer. Since UCAS sent you the form too it does sound as though you did something wrong. Contact UCAS tomorrow.

Withdraw the offer only because they can only accept me as an oversea student? btw some people said the only reason the uni can withdraw your offer is you lied in your application..
Reply 10

Withdraw the offer only because they can only accept me as an oversea student? btw some people said the only reason the uni can withdraw your offer is you lied in your application..

If they make a mistake they can also withdraw it. And thinking you're international when you're not is quite a big mistake. But as I said, it sounds as though you made the mistake, as otherwise UCAS wouldn't send you a form. If so, that's pretty much the same as you lying.
Reply 11
On UCAS Track, has anyone received a questionnaire about your fee status, visa and passport details? If yes, do you remember what questions did they ask you? Many many thanks in advance~~!
Reply 12
On UCAS Track, has anyone received a questionnaire about your fee status, visa and passport details? If yes, do you remember what questions did they ask you? Many many thanks in advance~~!
This isn't going to help you at all, even in the unlikely event that someone is going to be able to answer. The issue is what you put on the form.

You need to start with UCAS first thing today, and find out what may have given rise to this error, if error it is. Even if you have a UK passport and have been at school here, you may still not qualify as a home student, so you need to go through the detail of your specific circumstances to find out whether you are eligible for Home fees. AFAIK it is not usual for home students to be sent the form you describe, so there's something on your UCAS application which has triggered that.

Unfortunately it is possible for the uni to withdraw their offer if your fee status changes.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending