The Student Room Group

People who cheat when in a relationship

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Cicerao
You believe you can love somebody, truly LOVE somebody and break their trust and their heart and throw away everything for some sex with someone else? Yeah, that sounds like love to me for sure.

And yes, you are more likely to cheat if you believe you can "love" someone and cheat. I don't really care if you resent that.

I agree with you, I have only truly loved one person regardless of being in a fair few relationships and the thought of cheating didn't cross my mind even though I had people making advances.
If you enter into a (non open) relationship with someone else then you have made a commitment not to cheat.
So if you do, then you have only yourself to blame and frankly, will come across as a bit of a dickhead.
Reply 22
Original post by Glennith
People who cheat, also known as: cunthammers.

A grotesque over-simplification.
Reply 23
Original post by Cicerao
You believe you can love somebody, truly LOVE somebody and break their trust and their heart and throw away everything for some sex with someone else? Yeah, that sounds like love to me for sure.

And yes, you are more likely to cheat if you believe you can "love" someone and cheat. I don't really care if you resent that.

No, I don't believe that I could love someone and cheat. Sorry lol, never going to happen and I don't really care what you think about me because I think I know myself, my convictions, my beliefs a helluva lot better than you do.

But I think that it's possible with other people, it depends on your personality, your situation etc. It's no less of a scummy, horrible, disgusting thing to do but that is how I see it.

Do you not think it's even the tiniest bit possible that someone is fighting a lot with their spouse, is feeling completely disillusioned and depressed by this because they do love them, have low self esteem as a result then someone comes along who is nice to them, pays attention to them and nurtures that need for approval or whatever - isn't it possible that that person, maybe they are weak willed or intoxicated or whatever, one day gives in and is unfaithful?

I'm not talking about a continuous thing here but one night...If they love their spouse then they'd feel absolutely **** about it (and rightly so) but people are capable of doing bad things to each other and the biggest betrayals are often to someone who you love.

I don't know how you can think that it isn't the least bit possible to hurt someone you love in that way, knowing what humans are capable of...Maybe you're just a lot more optimistic than me.
Reply 24
Original post by Profesh
A grotesque over-simplification.

You disagree?
Reply 25
Original post by Glennith
You disagree?

The girl who 'cheated' on her abusive, domineering, jealous, vindictive, megalomaniacal long-term partner with me five years ago was most certainly not "a ****hammer".

Confused, perhaps, but culpable? Hardly.
Reply 26
I would feel really sorry for any girl who makes the mistake of cheating on me.

Basically I'd strip her in the middle of the street and force her own family to whip her numerous times, if they do it with conviction so as to serve true justice then I just might let them go. If not, they're next.

Can't see any reason why any girl would cheat on me tbh, I'm such a charming gentleman.
awww..someones gal go for the lad with the bigger cock?
Reply 28
Original post by purplesky
someone is fighting a lot with their spouse, is feeling completely disillusioned and depressed by this because they do love them, have low self esteem as a result then someone comes along who is nice to them, pays attention to them and nurtures that need for approval or whatever -

If they love their spouse

They don't.
Reply 29
Original post by Profesh
The girl who 'cheated' on her abusive, domineering, jealous, vindictive, megalomaniacal long-term partner with me five years ago was most certainly not "a ****hammer".

Confused, perhaps, but culpable? Hardly.

She was incapable of ending this relationship why exactly?

Long term, yet she was still with him, did you know she was still with him?

P.s. not my neg.
(edited 13 years ago)
I like the OP.. :suith:
Reply 31
I cheat, but I have to admit, I struggle to defend cheating, it is a bit of a **** thing to do. That said however, I wouldn't cheat on someone I love
Reply 32
Original post by Cicerao
They don't.

Okay, whatever. Agree to disagree?
I'd like to believe you and actually hope you're right but I have a lot less faith in people than you.
i dont condone cheating but sometimes it is possible to truly love two people at the same time.
Reply 34
Being cheated on truly is awful.
What you said is interesting but I agree with the guy above that if your male never say anything like that in person.
Original post by purplesky
No, I don't believe that I could love someone and cheat. Sorry lol, never going to happen and I don't really care what you think about me because I think I know myself, my convictions, my beliefs a helluva lot better than you do.

But I think that it's possible with other people, it depends on your personality, your situation etc. It's no less of a scummy, horrible, disgusting thing to do but that is how I see it.

Do you not think it's even the tiniest bit possible that someone is fighting a lot with their spouse, is feeling completely disillusioned and depressed by this because they do love them, have low self esteem as a result then someone comes along who is nice to them, pays attention to them and nurtures that need for approval or whatever - isn't it possible that that person, maybe they are weak willed or intoxicated or whatever, one day gives in and is unfaithful?

I'm not talking about a continuous thing here but one night...If they love their spouse then they'd feel absolutely **** about it (and rightly so) but people are capable of doing bad things to each other and the biggest betrayals are often to someone who you love.

I don't know how you can think that it isn't the least bit possible to hurt someone you love in that way, knowing what humans are capable of...Maybe you're just a lot more optimistic than me.

I've ran out of rep, but I completely agree with you. You can love someone but if you aren't getting what you need from them, it makes it very easy to stray.
Reply 37
Original post by Persephone9
I've ran out of rep, but I completely agree with you. You can love someone but if you aren't getting what you need from them, it makes it very easy to stray.

At least someone understands what I'm getting at.
Reply 38
If someone cheats it doesn't mean they don't love their bf/gf/partner, it just could be because they are going through a rough patch and they have a moment of temptation elsewhere, or for another reason.
Original post by Cicerao
Yeah. Plus if you cheat on someone, you don't love them. (y)

PS) Neg all you want, it's true. :3

Agreed, I hate him people say oh I love them when they cheat.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending