The Student Room Group

I am sick

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Yawn11
As I've got atheist friends who I'd definitely admit would make way better muslims than me based on their lifestyle, the mind can't comprehend why they'd be condemned to an eternal hell, and I have better chance of entering paradise. But then again you could also argue the whole forgiveness.

It is, and will laways be a complex issue, that can only be answered like you said, in death.

hmm personality I'd say that's your secular morality clashing with the religious scripture. The fate of those who do not believe(when they have had the opportunity too) and those who turn away from the faith is clear, eternal punishment. Although those of polytheistic faiths receive worse torture then us Atheists will, unsure exactly why, I assume it must be a bug bare of Allahs. But on the plus side I barely ever have my 5 a day and so at least in Jahannam there is only fruit to eat(nom nom nom Zaqqum!)! I mean sure it shreds your insides over and over and boils in your stomach but beggars can't be choosers and I can always wash it down with scalding hot water...woo!:redface:
Original post by somebodytolove
I am feeling much much colder than normal people. I have terrible headaches plus my appetite has reduced so much. I have lost around 8 kilos in the past one month and it's not through any exercise. I hype things up so much and have a lot of tension and worry. I think and think for ages about simple things and how to talk to people. Added to this, I have very few friends and get very little support from home.

Sounds as if you might be severely anxious. Google it and see if that's what you think it is. If so, make a GP app.
Reply 42
Original post by joey11223
hmm personality I'd say that's your secular morality clashing with the religious scripture. The fate of those who do not believe(when they have had the opportunity too) and those who turn away from the faith is clear, eternal punishment. Although those of polytheistic faiths receive worse torture then us Atheists will, unsure exactly why, I assume it must be a bug bare of Allahs. But on the plus side I barely ever have my 5 a day and so at least in Jahannam there is only fruit to eat(nom nom nom Zaqqum!)! I mean sure it shreds your insides over and over and boils in your stomach but beggars can't be choosers and I can always wash it down with scalding hot water...woo!:redface:

Lool ok I get your point pretty graphic. Though to be fair, there are graphic discriptions within all religions, just depends on sub beliefs andwhether willing to learn about them or not, I think most choose not - ignorance is bliss for the time being after all.
Original post by Yawn11
Lool ok I get your point pretty graphic. Though to be fair, there are graphic discriptions within all religions, just depends on sub beliefs andwhether willing to learn about them or not, I think most choose not - ignorance is bliss for the time being after all.

exactly, but I think that rather discredits the idea of organised religion. If everyone ignores bits they don't like and interprets verses to fit in with their own secular world view then it can hardly be called Christianity, or Islam, it's Joeism for me, Yawnism for you(only know ya TSR name haha) etc. It's what we'd like to think.
Reply 44
exactly, but I think that rather discredits the idea of organised religion. If everyone ignores bits they don't like and interprets verses to fit in with their own secular world view then it can hardly be called Christianity, or Islam, it's Joeism for me, Yawnism for you(only know ya TSR name haha) etc. It's what we'd like to think.

Good point, can't argue with that at all if I'm honest.

I've always questioned that myself, if people have total faith and fear in Religion or what is supposedly God's word, then how can we fall so easily into temptation. Whether it is sex before marriage, stealing, if we truely believed all of it, can we really excuse those sins on the devil's tempting alone?

But yeah your right, would be explanation how different beliefs within the same religions have generated over time.
Original post by Yawn11
Good point, can't argue with that at all if I'm honest.

I've always questioned that myself, if people have total faith and fear in Religion or what is supposedly God's word, then how can we fall so easily into temptation. Whether it is sex before marriage, stealing, if we truely believed all of it, can we really excuse those sins on the devil's tempting alone?

But yeah your right, would be explanation how different beliefs within the same religions have generated over time.

Well I guess Earthly debates don't mean much if there really is a deity. I'd like to think (haha) we'd have a chat before I get send to where ever, lets hope it's judged on deeds not faith haha.:tongue:
Original post by sango
You've gone from sounding anorexic to sounding socially retarded.

Pissed to be you.

Someone has just explained their really difficult situation to a bunch of strangers and you just say 'pissed to be you'?

Brilliant!
Reply 47
Well stop breaking into hospitals and rubbing up on all the patients then.
Reply 48
Well I guess Earthly debates don't mean much if there really is a deity. I'd like to think (haha) we'd have a chat before I get send to where ever, lets hope it's judged on deeds not faith haha.:tongue:

Yeah I agree, a religion like that could never go wrong when you think about it lol
Reply 49
doesn't Dante decribe the lowest level of hell as ice?:tongue:

Just a supermarket, well I say supermarket Iceland is in between I guess. On the days I work I generally run the frozen section, most of the day is upstairs at a lovely -20c.

Lool...Ah I see...every mum's favourite supermarket haha!
My workplace feels like the frozen section lately ¬¬
Original post by Wilzyy
Lool...Ah I see...every mum's favourite supermarket haha!
My workplace feels like the frozen section lately ¬¬

ugh you seen any of the Iceland ads on TV recently? There's this really long one...makes me shudder every time it comes on it's HORRIBLE! I'm like "...no I don't work for them...":biggrin:
Reply 51
Lol at OP's Username!
Reply 52
ugh you seen any of the Iceland ads on TV recently? There's this really long one...makes me shudder every time it comes on it's HORRIBLE! I'm like "...no I don't work for them...":biggrin:

Loool! Yeah the musical type one...with the rock version of 'that's why mums go to iceland' it proper makes me CRINGEE...!! haha
There's this McDonalds ad where everyones singing their order and its like stfu, NOBODY that ever comes in to order is that happy, all the customers are f*cking miserable...
Original post by Wilzyy
Loool! Yeah the musical type one...with the rock version of 'that's why mums go to iceland' it proper makes me CRINGEE...!! haha
There's this McDonalds ad where everyones singing their order and its like stfu, NOBODY that ever comes in to order is that happy, all the customers are f*cking miserable...

you work in Mcdonalds? I'm happy when I order!:biggrin:
Reply 54
you work in Mcdonalds? I'm happy when I order!:biggrin:

Lol, yes :colondollar:

Ah so you'll be one of those customers all smiley and jokey and i'm just thinking hurry up + order + gtfo Lol xD.
Original post by Wilzyy
Lol, yes :colondollar:

Ah so you'll be one of those customers all smiley and jokey and i'm just thinking hurry up + order + gtfo Lol xD.

nah not jokey, It's just I'd likely be with friends so might be joking/smiling about something as I get to order, so I'll be cheerful..even if I'm sometimes not sure what I want, but I try my hardest to figure it all out before I get there and I always have money out ready!:redface:

how much do you get an hour?
Reply 56
nah not jokey, It's just I'd likely be with friends so might be joking/smiling about something as I get to order, so I'll be cheerful..even if I'm sometimes not sure what I want, but I try my hardest to figure it all out before I get there and I always have money out ready!:redface:

how much do you get an hour?

Lol okay. It's pretty embarassing.... a fiver..
Original post by Wilzyy
Lol okay. It's pretty embarassing.... a fiver..

ouch! I get £6.40ish. 10% above minimum wage or something(for 21+ I suppose, but it goes from around a fiver to £6.40 when you're 18)
Reply 58
ouch! I get £6.40ish. 10% above minimum wage or something(for 21+ I suppose, but it goes from around a fiver to £6.40 when you're 18)

I'm 18....I need a new job man -_-
Reply 59
Original post by somebodytolove
Because I can't be anorexic if I'm male.

Anorexia is a mental illness that doesn't target a specific gender you absolute moron.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending