The Student Room Group

I want a girlfriend.. and she has to be white.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Nah... I don't really understand your issues.... then again... I've only properly known about 4 Asian girls in my life... and one of those is my sister.... so erm... never mind :colondollar: (but the other 3 seemed to be quite wonderful though :yep: even though I don't speak to two of them any more)
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 41
You know the world isn't just divided into white girls and indian girls.

Also I found what you say the other way around to be honest. I go to a private school and it seems that the majority of people who are stuck up, bitchy, fake and slutty are also white. I'm not being racist before anyone jumps down my throat but this is just an observation I've made - make what you will of it.Most of them wear little/no make up, are a lot more hardworking in general, really humble, genuine and also a lot quieter for some reason. Definitely not bitchy...

I don't think there's anything wrong with what you've written - it is obviously your decision but I just wanted to say as a non-indian person that in my experience (and my school is over 40% Indian) there are lots and lots of lovely, genuine Asian girls out there so please don't just judge them by your past experiences and maybe be a bit more open-minded about it :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 42
There are white girls that like South Asian guys. Just not Oriental guys. It sucks for me because I like white girls a lot :sad:.
Reply 43
Original post by Mr Smurf
There are white girls that like South Asian guys. Just not Oriental guys. It sucks for me because I like white girls a lot :sad:.

I was waiting for this :clap2:
Reply 44
Original post by Mr Smurf

Did you not pick up on what I recently told you?
Original post by Roocky
Nosy, but how did your parents meet/get together/ how did their families respond? Never heard of a pak/ugandan relationship, i r curious!

My mum is Ugandan but of indian origin, so she looks indian - not black :tongue:...They met through friends in this country. My mum was a shia Muslim so there was a bit of controversy as my dad is sunni. But she converted even though it took a lot of effort explaining why to my mum's Mum.
What a stupid thread from an obviously stupid boy.

I'm soooo sad I'm mixed race and all of us coloured any darker that porcelain don't meet your beauty standard :frown:
boooooohoooooooooooo.

Self - hating, brainwashed scum! You watch too much television.
Reply 47
Original post by PortiaLovesMcqueen
What a stupid thread from an obviously stupid boy.

I'm soooo sad I'm mixed race and all of us coloured any darker that porcelain don't meet your beauty standard :frown:
boooooohoooooooooooo.

Self - hating, brainwashed scum! You watch too much television.

I never said I'm off indian/coloured girls because of their looks. Read my post properly or dont comment. Evidently a stupid post from a stupid girl.
Reply 48
Original post by purplesky
You know the world isn't just divided into white girls and indian girls.

Also I found what you say the other way around to be honest. I go to a private school and it seems that the majority of people who are stuck up, bitchy, fake and slutty are also white. I'm not being racist before anyone jumps down my throat but this is just an observation I've made - make what you will of it.Most of them wear little/no make up, are a lot more hardworking in general, really humble, genuine and also a lot quieter for some reason. Definitely not bitchy...

I don't think there's anything wrong with what you've written - it is obviously your decision but I just wanted to say as a non-indian person that in my experience (and my school is over 40% Indian) there are lots and lots of lovely, genuine Asian girls out there so please don't just judge them by your past experiences and maybe be a bit more open-minded about it :smile:

Hi,

Thanks firstly for having an objective outlook to my post. I suppose everyones outlook is based on their own experiences.. and you seem to understand that my post was opinionated, its not like I was brandishing all asian girls as being bad. Yes, there are some nice asian girls I know out there too.. maybe I'm opting for white girls because I never knew any white people and want to be more open. Everyone has a preference, just becasue I stated mine I dont know why some posters are being angry about it
Original post by Anonymous
I never said I'm off indian/coloured girls because of their looks. Read my post properly or dont comment. Evidently a stupid post from a stupid girl.

You are an idiot and evidently insecure about your Indian roots. You have said 'she must be white'. I thought this thread was written by a white boy then I realised it was by an INDIAN, wow.

More shameful is the fact that you have simply divided the word into white and Indian, what about oriental girls? black girls mixed race girls? hispanic girls? oh snap I forgot 'she must be white' because in your head, WHITE IS RIGHT.

Your Indian mother must be very proud when you utter the words ' I want a girlfriend.. and she has to be white.' over dinner.

:biggrin:
Reply 50
You are an idiot and evidently insecure about your Indian roots. You have said 'she must be white'. I thought this thread was written by a white boy then I realised it was by an INDIAN, wow.

More shameful is the fact that you have simply divided the word into white and Indian, what about oriental girls? black girls mixed race girls? hispanic girls? oh snap I forgot 'she must be white' because in your head, WHITE IS RIGHT.

Your Indian mother must be very proud when you utter the words ' I want a girlfriend.. and she has to be white.' over dinner.

By white, I didn't really mean white only, hispanic, mixed race etc would have been ok too.. I didn't make that clear though and was just trying to be quick in writing the thread. Thats my fault.

But, I don't get what te problem is if an Indian guy is put off going out with an Indian girl? you're evidently overly patriotic and I have no time for you. I'm proud of my indian roots thank you very much.
By white, I didn't really mean white only, hispanic, mixed race etc would have been ok too.. I didn't make that clear though and was just trying to be quick in writing the thread. Thats my fault.

But, I don't get what te problem is if an Indian guy is put off going out with an Indian girl? you're evidently overly patriotic and I have no time for you. I'm proud of my indian roots thank you very much.

I'm not Indian (wouldn't wish to be either), I'm mixed race as you can tell (South African Black Mum, English White Dad).

'By white, I didn't really mean white only, hispanic, mixed race etc would have been ok too..' This makes no sense..... how can white only mean mixed race too? I suggest you delete this thread and start again because I don't understand how someone can type one thing and mean another.

I'm not a fan of self-hate, it makes me sick. I think there is preferences but for you to be 'put - off' by someone who looks JUST LIKE YOU is a problem.

Reply 52
I'm not Indian (wouldn't wish to be either), I'm mixed race as you can tell (South African Black Mum, English White Dad).

'By white, I didn't really mean white only, hispanic, mixed race etc would have been ok too..' This makes no sense..... how can white only mean mixed race too? I suggest you delete this thread and start again because I don't understand how someone can type one thing and mean another.

I'm not a fan of self-hate, it makes me sick. I think there is preferences but for you to be 'put - off' by someone who looks JUST LIKE YOU is a problem.

It makes clear sense. I specified a preference in my thread, but I didn't necessarily mean to imply that the orientals/mixed race/black races were ruled out completely. Looking back on that post, I can understand the implication of a division between white and indian only, and I've clarified that. Don't tell me to close my own thread, if you have a problem then you can get out of it tbh.

And self hate, really? Do you know the definition? Because I have an opinion of a trend I find with indian girls in London.. you think I hate Indians in general? 1) I never used the word hate anywhere, 2) I admitted that there are indian girls who aren't like I stated, and mine was an opinion and 3) you complete retard, having a preference of partnering with a different race doesn't imply you hate your own.

I love my country, and don't hate it, or me being part of it in any way whatsoever. Yes, there are certain indian girls out there who I find brash rude and shallow, but that doesn't mean I hate all Indians.
Reply 53
Original post by lovely_me
You've probably just been brainwashed by the media into thinking white women are preferable. There are plenty of attractive women of all different colours, limiting yourself to just one race seems silly and pointless to me.

You've had a few bad experiences with Asian girls, but you can't use that as a basis for ruling them out completely.

I would advise you to become a bit more open minded, and a bit more proactive in your search for love. Women aren't going to come and suck your cock by themselves you know. :rolleyes:

P.S I am a white girl. :badger:

I think its the fact that I haven't opened myself to other races up until now, that makes me eager to have a girlfriend of that race. You are right with the bold bit though, at the back of my mind I still do hope of finding more asian girls that don't fit that stereotype.
It makes clear sense. I specified a preference in my thread, but I didn't necessarily mean to imply that the orientals/mixed race/black races were ruled out completely. Looking back on that post, I can understand the implication of a division between white and indian only, and I've clarified that. Don't tell me to close my own thread, if you have a problem then you can get out of it tbh.

And self hate, really? Do you know the definition? Because I have an opinion of a trend I find with indian girls in London.. you think I hate Indians in general? 1) I never used the word hate anywhere, 2) I admitted that there are indian girls who aren't like I stated, and mine was an opinion and 3) you complete retard, having a preference of partnering with a different race doesn't imply you hate your own.

I love my country, and don't hate it, or me being part of it in any way whatsoever. Yes, there are certain indian girls out there who I find brash rude and shallow, but that doesn't mean I hate all Indians.

Not sure if you've covered it by why white in particular?

I try to avoid Indian girls but any other race is fair game to me.
Original post by HumanNature1992
Not sure if you've covered it by why white in particular?

I try to avoid Indian girls but any other race is fair game to me.

BECAUSE WHITE IS RIGHT!!! Isn't that true anonymous? :biggrin:

Your mum is Indian, so is every other female in your family. Next time at a family gathering clear your throat and proudly announce 'I want a girlfriend.. and she has to be white.' . Make sure you PM me what they say :smile:
Reply 57
I've been going through a phase for about a year and a half now where I feel I need someone close.. not necessarily the physical aspect of a **** buddy or anything, but also someone to be around where life feels that bit easier. I might feel a little insecrue at times and at some times I also crave the need for someone to be protective, there to hold when I need her and so on. Also I won't lie, the sex would be a great thing to have too.

Now to why she has to be white - in general (and this is quite a common conception), the indian girls have a tendancy to be bitchy, more fake, shallow and so on. I'm Indian, and I accept that there are some girls out there, Indian/Asian, who are exceptions to the rule, but in general this is the trend I find and judging by threads & posts here too in the past, others tend to agree. Also, I find white girls attractive :rolleyes:

I know this thread might just bring out the troll quotes, and some of you might just conjure up a funny joke in a desperate hope to get a rep or two. But, this is something that I had on my mind for a while, and I felt to share..that's part of what forums are about.

When I was around 14, I encountered a couple of racial incidents that put me off being friends with white people. But now some years later I feel I can be much more comfortable around them and would love to get to know some girls in particular. Where would I ever be able to start if I barely know any white guys, let alone girls.. I wonder? And do you white girls out there on TSR have any thoughts on indian guys? I'm quite curious to know.

Thanks for reading my post, and I hope I didn't offend anybody.

Whats up with british asians and the whole 'i'm asian this is _THE_ defining part of my personality and person' thing?
Reply 58
As stated in the OP, when I was young I encountered a couple of bad racial experiences, and was put off by white people ever since. Its only been in the last year that I've been able to overcome that and have an urge to open up to this race in particular.

Thats not to say that I'm closed to black/mixed race/latina etc.. its just worthy of note with whites because I completely closed myself off from them and I'd like to change that.
Reply 59
Your mum is Indian, so is every other female in your family. Next time at a family gathering clear your throat and proudly announce 'I want a girlfriend.. and she has to be white.' . Make sure you PM me what they say :smile:

Did I say all indian girls are how I stated? no. So why are you implying otherwise. I honestly think you have trouble understanding my posts.

Quick Reply

Latest