The Student Room Group

Drama School/University Applicants 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Virna
Applying for Stage Management and Technical Theatre.

RADA- Had interview on November 26th
LAMDA- Had interview on November 30th
GSA- 5th of January interview
Mountview (postgrad course)- Haven't heard yet as interviews are in January for that course.

Anyway checked my e-mails today and.... had a LAMDA letter of acceptance waiting for me!!! REALLY chuffed.

Can't decide whether LAMDA or RADA is my first choice... Any suggestions people? :smile:

My son has received his letter from LAMDA too; he's so excited :smile:
Reply 81
Original post by Wicked_Girliee_Xx
Hey.. wow well done for LAMDA =D thats amazingg!!
im applying for the same courses as you as well... i was meant to have my LAMDA interview at the beginning of december but i couldnt get there because of the snow =( im really worried i wont get an interview there for ages now... what was the interview process like?

btw i also have an interview at GSA on the 5th of jan so ill probably see you there =) thats already been rescheduled because of the snow (!!!) im off to central on 21st tho :wink:
xxx

The interview is really relaxed, it's just like a chat with three of the tutors. You present yourself and your portfolio, talk about your relevant experience, why you want to do the course, and they ask you questions - no trick questions, and it doesn't matter if you don't know some of the things, they just want to know what level you're at. That's it. No callbacks, no tests, no scary things.
Reply 82
Original post by j9dw
My son has received his letter from LAMDA too; he's so excited :smile:

Well done to him! May see him there if he decides to go! Is LAMDA his first choice?
Reply 83
I'm applying for Bristol Old Vic, Lamda, Rada, Central & I can't decide between Drama Centre/Guildhall (Definitely one and not both), so far have recalls at Bristol & Lamda and just had my Rada 2nd round, really hoping for progress in comparison to last year, that's all one can really wish for at the end of the day, central soon !
i would say LAMDA not RADA. RADA is in a massive deficit, and LAMDA is, imo, the better course provider for tech and sm.
Reply 85
I'm going to apply for Drama and Theatre subjects soon. I'm kinda confused if I can make it :smile:
Another year and no Warwick applicants on TSR so far....:frown:

I am very jealous of everyone starting out on drama degrees, wish mine could have lasted longer! Good luck everyone :smile:
Original post by happydinosaur
Another year and no Warwick applicants on TSR so far....:frown:

Ooh, no, I've applied to Warwick! :smile: Mildly terrified about the interview day though :\
Reply 88
Good luck to those who have auditions coming up! :smile:
Original post by lizzybobzehorse
Ooh, no, I've applied to Warwick! :smile: Mildly terrified about the interview day though :\

Ooh good luck! Don't be terrified, you will relax and have fun once you get there.

Wish I could go back and do it all again :tongue:
Hey,

Only just set up my student room account.
It's good to have other people speaking about where they are applying to.
I'm pretty much one of the only ones in my sixthform applying.

I'm having the whole dilemma with acting degree vs drama degree.
So i've applied to unis and drama schools.

Just don't know whether i'm ready for a full, hard training. Don't feel like i've had enough life experience really.

Got an offer from Kent, which i love :smile: So i'm just waiting now for replies and interviews from my other unis.

Anyone going to the central audition on Jan 4th?

x
Original post by lizzybobzehorse

Ah, I'm currently at Warwick doing Theatre. Honestly, DON'T worry about the interview day - it's really informal and it's a chance for you to see if you like Warwick as much as the other way around! If you have any questions at all, feel free to Quote me in here or PM me! But just relax and enjoy. It'll be fun - and you get free sandwiches!
Hey fellow drama applicants

Applying to do:

Drama degree at
Kent Uni- Got an offer for there and LOVE it
UEA- Got an interview for feb
Exeter- Havent heard from them yet
Bristol- Havent heard from them yet

Also applying for ACTING at
Central: got an audition Jan 4th! SO NERVOUS, anyone else on that date?!
And Lamda and Bristol old vic, and Italia Contini

Kinda thinking drama degree will be the main thing atm, just don't know whether my lack of experience will be very good before such a demanding, hard working training?

Anyone else applying to these places?!
x
Reply 93
Original post by allaboutdrama
Yes AAB!

P.S You are a LIFESAVER!! My exeter date is next wednesday however due to snow my school play may be postponed to then, and as i'm a principle role i may have to change my exeter date to the one you are at! (if they let me)

yeah i was looking at Kent but felt it was a bit close to me (i live in Essex) - course looks amazing though!

Good luck with your application :smile: what are you predicted? :smile:

xxx

I'm predicted AAA but also predicted an A in my Extended Project so got a lot on! Had my audition for Kent last Wednesday and already got a conditional through this morning !! :smile: Chuffed!
Also got a letter through the other day telling me I have an audition for Rose Bruford on the 12th January so am rather excited!
Good Luck with your application :smile:
x
Original post by emilyanneholt
Hey fellow drama applicants

Applying to do:

Drama degree at
Kent Uni- Got an offer for there and LOVE it
UEA- Got an interview for feb
Exeter- Havent heard from them yet
Bristol- Havent heard from them yet

Also applying for ACTING at
Central: got an audition Jan 4th! SO NERVOUS, anyone else on that date?!
And Lamda and Bristol old vic, and Italia Contini

Kinda thinking drama degree will be the main thing atm, just don't know whether my lack of experience will be very good before such a demanding, hard working training?

Anyone else applying to these places?!
x

yesss i applied to exeter and have an offer!!
good luck with your application :smile: xx
Anyone else got a Rose Bruford audition for American Theatre Arts next month?
Reply 96
Hi everyone

I've applied to:
Exeter - i have an interview/workshop at the end of jan
Kent - (drama with philosophy degree) conditional offer
Plymouth - conditional offer
Royal Welsh College of Music and Drama- audition in feb
don't know how to chose. ideally exeter but who knows :tongue:

someone said they had an offer from exeter, what was the workshop like ?:smile:

thanks x
Reply 97
http://zayneschool.blogspot.com/

made some blogs on my drama school experience and I should belog every audition, hopefully someone find's it useful :>
Reply 98
Original post by Zayne101
http://zayneschool.blogspot.com/

made some blogs on my drama school experience and I should belog every audition, hopefully someone find's it useful :>

Excellent! I'm going to link to you on my blog - we need more blogs like this, helping each other out I think :smile: There's not enough first-hand audition experience out there.
Reply 99
Original post by erinholly
Excellent! I'm going to link to you on my blog - we need more blogs like this, helping each other out I think :smile: There's not enough first-hand audition experience out there.

thanks, just had a look at your blog, hope it works out for you - are you applying to a mixture of uni's and schools?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending