The Student Room Group

Michelle told Obama his dinner was ready ,daddy clinton took over.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washington/2010/12/bill-clinton-barack-obama-tax-cut.html

And rather impressive did clinton look, even though I am poles apart politically, it seemed to me he is a man who can get things done. He seemed very presidential and completely outshone Obama.I do believe this was some PR stunt, for clinton to come out in support of Obamas tax deal as Obama has not only lost the centre but he has now also lost his base.

But ,it failed big time,as Obama kind of hung around on the side lines and scampered off to michelle.Clinton, a man amongst men, took over and looked supremely confident. I have never seen, anything like this happen before, do we have two presidents now? Is Bill going to run again? yes he has done two terms but I do believe legally as there has been a gap in his terms he could maybe do so again.

I wish people would stop focusing only on who the republicans will nominate,the way things are going it won't matter who the republicans nominate. Who else have the democrats got for 2012 ? Obama looks to me like he has had enough, you see you need to be a certain type of person to be a president. And Obamas problem is all through his political and academic career he has had his hand held, , he has never had to really fight for anything.He is good at getting elected but is useless as a leader. He hasn't in my view got enough testosterone.Bill for all his faults, and he has many, is not lacking in that department. When he was president he ran rings around republicans,he is not only a leader, but he is also politically savvy and understands washington,so can get things done.

video of press conference.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ac9uDLUdSs

Absolutely historic, he is letting not just Bill in,but all the clintonistas,Obama is through. I was right all along. The crucial question is where is Biden? surely this should be his role ordinarily. Again this further shows, where the real power in the white house is.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 1
haha genius photo's
Clinton is the ultimate politician. Part con-man, part used car salesman, part trial lawyer, part oily weasel. When it come to political skills, he is the best there was, the best there is, and the best there ever will be. I've met plenty of shady characters in my time, people who could lie to your face and look you in the eye, but no one can hold the candle to BJ Clinton

Stand aside Obama, let the master show you how it's done
Original post by Ministerdonut
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washington/2010/12/bill-clinton-barack-obama-tax-cut.html

And rather impressive did clinton look, even though I am poles apart politically, it seemed to me he is a man who can get things done. He seemed very presidential and completely outshone Obama.I do believe this was some PR stunt, for clinton to come out in support of Obamas tax deal as Obama has not only lost the centre but he has now also lost his base.

But ,it failed big time,as Obama kind of hung around on the side lines and scampered off to michelle.Clinton, a man amongst men, took over and looked supremely confident. I have never seen, anything like this happen before, do we have two presidents now? Is Bill going to run again? yes he has done two terms but I do believe legally as there has been a gap in his terms he could maybe do so again.

I wish people would stop focusing only on who the republicans will nominate,the way things are going it won't matter who the republicans nominate. Who else have the democrats got for 2012 ? Obama looks to me like he has had enough, you see you need to be a certain type of person to be a president. And Obamas problem is all through his political and academic career he has had his hand held, , he has never had to really fight for anything.He is good at getting elected but is useless as a leader. He hasn't in my view got enough testosterone.Bill for all his faults, and he has many, is not lacking in that department. When he was president he ran rings around republicans,he is not only a leader, but he is also politically savvy and understands washington,so can get things done.

video of press conference.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ac9uDLUdSs

Absolutely historic, he is letting not just Bill in,but all the clintonistas,Obama is through. I was right all along. The crucial question is where is Biden? surely this should be his role ordinarily. Again this further shows, where the real power in the white house is.

I agree with everything you said, just wanted to add that I think the big difference between the two men is that Clinton is an alpha male. Obama is anything but.
You could say that Clinton is to Obama, as Blair is to Cameron... (putting party affiliations aside of course).
Original post by Made in the USA
I agree with everything you said, just wanted to add that I think the big difference between the two men is that Clinton is an alpha male. Obama is anything but.

It's amazing actually that there has been such little interest on this, if Bush had done something as stupid on this magnitude ,allowed Bill Clinton to essentially dominate him in a press conference in full view of the media ,then mumble something about needing to be at a party with michelle, at which point clinton says, 'wouldn't want to get the wrong side of her' ,(there is no love lost between the clintons and the obamas), then the stunned press corps start calling clinton mr president. Now I know it's protocol to call him mr president ,but it's how it looks. The terrorists must be rolling around their caves in afghanistan right now watching this spectacle.

Thats what Obama didn't realise,sure Clinton would support the bill, politics often involves compromise, clinton knows that, but clinton remembers Obama beating his wife in the primaries and also playing the race card.So in return he wants his pound of flesh. He didn't just take a few questions and then leave Obama to address the press, he took it over talking about his old adminstration ,humiliating Obama, you could tell how awkward he looks and he leaves leaving Clinton to give a presidential state of the nation address.

The media is very quiet over what is ,I think it's a public signal that Obama has lost it. I think because they want this bill passed,they aren't tearing him apart. But I can just imagine what they would do to bush.

But who is advising Obama? thats the question, because that person should be fired, as he is either stupid or is working for the Clintons. Because he let bill in now, they will want their own people in more key positions .Clinton got his rocks off the other day,he wants more of that.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 6
Ah Clinton. God I love that man.
Original post by NyLonEd

Why do you love one of the most immoral men to ever walk the earth?

He actually started raping women in the UK, so he's sort of an international sexual predator. Here is a list of all the women who claim to have been sexually assaulted by this sicko:

Juanita Broaddrick (AR)- rape
Eileen Wellstone (Oxford) - rape
Elizabeth Ward Gracen - rape - quid pro quo, post incident intimidation
Regina Hopper Blakely - "forced himself on her, biting, bruising her"
Kathleen Willey (WH) - sexual assault, intimidations, threats
Sandra Allen James (DC) - sexual assault
22 Year Old 1972 (Yale) - sexual assault
Kathy Bradshaw (AK) - sexual assault
Cristy Zercher - unwelcomed sexual advance, intimidations
Paula Jones (AR) - unwelcomed sexual advance, exposure, bordering on
sexual assault
Carolyn Moffet -unwelcomed sexual advance, exposure, bordering on
sexual assault
1974 student at University of Arkansas - unwelcomed physical contact
1978-1980 - seven complaints per Arkansas state troopers
Monica Lewinsky - quid pro quo, post incident character assault
Gennifer Flowers - quid pro quo, post incident character assault
Dolly Kyle Browning - post incident character assault
Betty Dalton - rebuffed his advances, married to one of his supporters

And these are just the ones who have come forward...
Reply 8
It took George Bush like eight years to mess up the American administration and yet people seem to expect Obama to fix it all in an instant. :s-smilie:
Original post by NyLonEd

Original post by NyLonEd

That's what he was good at.
Reply 10
Original post by CombineHarvester
That's what he was good at.

:biggrin:

Maybe you should go and work for the Republican election campaign...or get out more.
Original post by Escriba
It took George Bush like eight years to mess up the American administration and yet people seem to expect Obama to fix it all in an instant. :s-smilie:

The perception on the left is,that Obama hasn't even attempted to 'fix' what Bush 'messed up'. In fact he has lost the independent vote and has now lost his base. This is because they believe he is weak,indecisive and has poor leadership skills.The Democrats have held both houses and had a democrat president who during the election made a number of promises he has not kept or made a serious attempt .

This is entirely Obamas fault , not 'the people' .It was Obama and his media allies who made him out to be the messiah. Obama had such lofty ideas, he was even seriously talking about constructing a seperate national defence force , made up of his own followers. Obama had the least excecutive experience of anyone else running on either the republican or democrat ticket during the election.
Original post by NyLonEd

Maybe you should go and work for the Republican election campaign...or get out more.

How does your reply have anything to do with my post? Do you not believe all the rape allegations? One or two and maybe you could dismiss it but when you literally have dozens of women coming forward with rape charges, its a bit hard to dismiss as some kind of conspiracy. Clinton is the reason bush was elected in 2000. The country had enough of him and his inability to keep his damn dick in his pants
Original post by Escriba

No one expected him to fix it in an instant. We did think he could somehow manage not to make every day worse than the previous day since taking office. Have you looked at the unemployment numbers and the debt accumulated over the last two years? This guy is like a wrecking ball
Reply 14

He actually started raping women in the UK, so he's sort of an international sexual predator. Here is a list of all the women who claim to have been sexually assaulted by this sicko:

Juanita Broaddrick (AR)- rape
Eileen Wellstone (Oxford) - rape
Elizabeth Ward Gracen - rape - quid pro quo, post incident intimidation
Regina Hopper Blakely - "forced himself on her, biting, bruising her"
Kathleen Willey (WH) - sexual assault, intimidations, threats
Sandra Allen James (DC) - sexual assault
22 Year Old 1972 (Yale) - sexual assault
Kathy Bradshaw (AK) - sexual assault
Cristy Zercher - unwelcomed sexual advance, intimidations
Paula Jones (AR) - unwelcomed sexual advance, exposure, bordering on
sexual assault
Carolyn Moffet -unwelcomed sexual advance, exposure, bordering on
sexual assault
1974 student at University of Arkansas - unwelcomed physical contact
1978-1980 - seven complaints per Arkansas state troopers
Monica Lewinsky - quid pro quo, post incident character assault
Gennifer Flowers - quid pro quo, post incident character assault
Dolly Kyle Browning - post incident character assault
Betty Dalton - rebuffed his advances, married to one of his supporters

And these are just the ones who have come forward...

:ditto:

Together with the fact that he actually did commit an international atrocity for frivilous politcal reasons. The kind that made liberation in Iraq and Afghanistan look benevolent and not just legal.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 15
No one expected him to fix it in an instant. We did think he could somehow manage not to make every day worse than the previous day since taking office. Have you looked at the unemployment numbers and the debt accumulated over the last two years? This guy is like a wrecking ball

It isn't his fault there's a recession on.
Original post by Escriba
It isn't his fault there's a recession on.

I'm not saying the recession is his fault, but he has done nothing to improve the situation and many of the steps he has taken have made the situation worse. His stimulus failed and left us with an enormous amount of debt. That is his fault and he should be held accountable for his incompetence.
Reply 17
I'm not saying the recession is his fault, but he has done nothing to improve the situation and many of the steps he has taken have made the situation worse. His stimulus failed and left us with an enormous amount of debt. That is his fault and he should be held accountable for his incompetence.

Hmmm. Well unfortunately I can't argue with that.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending