The Student Room Group

I'm completely work-shy. Anyone else?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
thought this was about being work shy?? lol
Original post by cttp_ngaf
Come and join my club, guys.

I got all A*'s at GCSE, All A's at A-level, a 1st class degree in a science subject, and then since graduating in 2008 I've just sat on my arse in this very spot, haha.

When I go into a shop and see people working there, I feel panicked at the thought of doing their job. It's horrific, just the worst way to spend time. I worked in a factory once, for three days, then quit because it was just too awful. All jobs are disgustingly boring.

I guess I earn about £150/month from odd bits and pieces, but I'm on benefits for the rest, just living in a shared house of degenerates and no-hopers.

I applied for a handful of sciencey uni jobs at some point but got no response. They were only like 12k positions, barely worth doing anyway. I assume the best I could get is supermarket work, and there's no way I'm doing that. I'd sooner just **** off abroad and suck dicks in an Egypt for food.

know wat i meen?

The idea of working in retail may horrify you, but the truth is many graduates are leaving higher education and are not able to work in their chosen field straight away so they do have to get jobs in shops, bars, pubs etc.
It's a fact of life.
Deal with it.
At least by working you maintain a wage and a work ethic.
It's another thing to put on your CV.
Reply 42
Original post by thunder_chunky
The idea of working in retail may horrify you, but the truth is many graduates are leaving higher education and are not able to work in their chosen field straight away so they do have to get jobs in shops, bars, pubs etc.

It's a fact of life.

There are alternatives

Deal with it.

:cool:

At least by working you maintain a wage and a work ethic.
It's another thing to put on your CV.

As we've seen, the wage you get is basically pointless. Work ethic and CV **** are only useful if you want to do more dull work in the future, and I don't.
(edited 13 years ago)
People like OP make me feel physically sick that I get up at 6am every morning, work two jobs and pay tax for your pathetic existence.
Original post by DiZZeeKiD
People like OP make me feel physically sick that I get up at 6am every morning, work two jobs and pay tax for your pathetic existence.

Then don't, quit.
Original post by James Gregory
Then don't, quit.

Why would I want to do that? I've got pride and don't wish to be an oxygen thieving waster.
Reply 46
Original post by MovingOn
Well done for admitting benefit fraud on the internet!

This person is entitledddd to benefits!!!! You idiot. :rolleyes:
There are alternatives

Like?

As we've seen, the wage you get is basically pointless. Work ethic and CV **** are only useful if you want to do more dull work in the future, and I don't.

I'd rather be working and keeping myself busy than just not working at all.
Why would I want to do that? I've got pride and don't wish to be an oxygen thieving waster.

Yeah, I be snatchin your oxygen up
Reply 49
Yes, lots of jobs are boring and low paid. Why not decide what you like doing, such as a hobby and then try to make a business out of it ?

I also lack important social skills.

Really? I never would have guessed.

Anyway, you keep saying your better than all these jobs, but you aren't really, considering you can't find anything better.
Yeah, I be snatchin your oxygen up

Yuuuup - pay your way or suffocate, thats my theory :rolleyes: when I'm going to hell and getting ready to leave, I'm gonna put air in a bag and charge people to breathe.... shaaaady.
Reply 52

Then don't, quit.

Well then, your other option is to stfu.
Reply 53
Of course, because the be all and end all of life is exam scores and degree classifications.
Well done on being above working and good luck in your shadow of an existence.
Well then, your other option is to stfu.

You rely on people like me to survive, don't get mouthy wasteman.
Reply 55
You rely on people like me to survive, don't get mouthy wasteman.

No he don't, he relies on his mum, dad and friends. They pay for his iPhone contract and internet connection.

That's what friends are for right? :wink:
Reply 56
Come and join my club, guys.

I got all A*'s at GCSE, All A's at A-level, a 1st class degree in a science subject, and then since graduating in 2008 I've just sat on my arse in this very spot, haha.

When I go into a shop and see people working there, I feel panicked at the thought of doing their job. It's horrific, just the worst way to spend time. I worked in a factory once, for three days, then quit because it was just too awful. All jobs are disgustingly boring.

I guess I earn about £150/month from odd bits and pieces, but I'm on benefits for the rest, just living in a shared house of degenerates and no-hopers.

I applied for a handful of sciencey uni jobs at some point but got no response. They were only like 12k positions, barely worth doing anyway. I assume the best I could get is supermarket work, and there's no way I'm doing that. I'd sooner just **** off abroad and suck dicks in an Egypt for food.

know wat i meen?

You owe it to yourself and to your country to get up off your backside and get a job. It's a shame and a waste that you have put so much time and effort into building such an envious academic record and now you have basically decided to give up at this crucial point in your life.
Original post by Wesker115
No he don't, he relies on his mum, dad and friends. They pay for his iPhone contract and internet connection.

That's what friends are for right? :wink:

ha yeah but he's also claiming benefits - benefits that come out of the ridiculous amount of tax I have to pay every month. I wouldn't mind but the jebend ain't even grateful - he's lucky theres people that are willing to work so he can doss about whinging and bitching all day. Man up, wheres your work ethic son?! Back in the day you would of been scum of earth, and now suddenly benefits scroungers are the majority and its seen as fair play - don't want to rant but it makes me sick. I guess thats the difference between someone who has been bought up properly and someone who acts like society owes them something....sad times.
Reply 58
I haven't always worked the sort of jobs I have wanted to work, but I have worked regardless, because at least it's something. Now I work a fairly decent and comfortable job and I am reasonably happy with it.

I would much rather do that than not work at all. I would get bored very easily, which is what I did when I first arrived in the UK. I didn't work for a month or so and after a while I got bored and was very broke.

So I was happy to get a job and get some income.
I like to be working! I was almost depressed on JSA for 6 months.

Quick Reply

Latest