The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Yes that's curvy. She is the epitome of a natural woman who can eat a 3 course meal without checking the calorie contents. You should care more about those kind of traits - which really reveal the rest of a woman's personality - than whether she has a little cellulite or not.
Reply 421
Sure she may have a slight bit of excess. But that isn't *fat*, personally its excellent to see someone who is happy in their own body and as who they are. When it comes to describing someones body perhaps you should try and look a bit further beyond thin and fat? Because she is a really nice looking person.
Original post by crazylemon
I like how people seem to think genetics have no basis on this, they do to an extent. Most people stay about the same weight year to year without thinking much about it. Our bady amazingly self regulates when we feel hungry etc. This being even a little out can cause massive fluctuations in weight. Think about it, we consume ~2500cals a day as what we need. Most people do not count calories. If you were out by even 1% that is 25cals over consumption or a quarter of a small bar of chocolate that adds up to over 9000 over consumption over a year or 3lbs of pure fat. So any minor genetic alteration/defect can cause modest weigth gain (I am not talking 20 stone overweight over here obviously). Genes have been associated with obesity. It isn't a simple case of one gene = fat gene. More an accumulations of certain versions might suggest it.

yeah they do but environmental factors play a bigger role than genetics no matter which way you try and twist it. If the woman exercises regularly and ate a balanced diet she would not look like that.
Curvy people don't have rolls, they have curves
She wants to be a model but couldn't be bothered to diet or change her name to something less ghetto-fab.
Reply 425
Original post by xxxchrisxxx
She wants to be a model but couldn't be bothered to diet or change her name to something less ghetto-fab.

Yet she is a model! Gosh maybe dreams do come true!
Original post by Justin Hammer
yeah they do but environmental factors play a bigger role than genetics no matter which way you try and twist it. If the woman exercises regularly and ate a balanced diet she would not look like that.

Yes if she put significant effort it. The key word being significant. People have proirities though. Their work my be more important or their family. It doesn't mean lazyness though. You looks at billionares, they don't tend to all be superfit do they? No one can call them lazy though. People have different motivation, hopes and desires. I might be nice if all women had an hour glass figure and all me had 6 packs but deciding it isn't worth the effort does not mean you are lazy in the same way I could have entered into a career that would pay more. I decided not to even attempt it because I don't like the lifestyle.

Being fit but miserable because you spend all of your free time in the gym rather than anything else is no more admarable than being miserable because you are fat because you are keeping krispy kreme in buisness. Happiness is ultimately what is important.

Before you tell me this is because I am fat my BMI is 22 so slap bang in the middle of the safe zone not that that is a sensible thing to measure thigns by. I also do sport 3 times a week, because I enjoy it. My diet is slightly crap though.
Original post by Jimbo1234
To not want to improve shows many bad traits such as lacking ambition, being selfish, and complacency. How is being at your very best going to hold you back and not give you the most opportunities in life?

There is more to attraction then we know, but what we know does allow us to draw solid conclusions because what we do not understand are the causes and reasons, not the results.

Being fit has never caused problems for people, yet being fat does. Most people prefer fitter looking people which is obvious when you look at the modelling industry (not coat-hangar models) or Hollywood. But one thing we can say is that for the vast majority of people, fat is unattractive, and that 'model' in the OP is fat.

Everybody lives with flaws, and nobody is perfect. I would say being at one's best is recognising one's strengths and building on them.

The modelling industry is based on aesthetics, so why shouldn't they choose the prettiest people? I think the model in the OP is overweight, but still looks pretty.
Yes if she put significant effort it. The key word being significant. People have proirities though. Their work my be more important or their family. It doesn't mean lazyness though. You looks at billionares, they don't tend to all be superfit do they? No one can call them lazy though. People have different motivation, hopes and desires. I might be nice if all women had an hour glass figure and all me had 6 packs but deciding it isn't worth the effort does not mean you are lazy in the same way I could have entered into a career that would pay more. I decided not to even attempt it because I don't like the lifestyle.

Being fit but miserable because you spend all of your free time in the gym rather than anything else is no more admarable than being miserable because you are fat because you are keeping krispy kreme in buisness. Happiness is ultimately what is important.

Before you tell me this is because I am fat my BMI is 22 so slap bang in the middle of the safe zone not that that is a sensible thing to measure thigns by. I also do sport 3 times a week, because I enjoy it. My diet is slightly crap though.

actually alot of billionaires partake in physical past times regularly and tend to be in shape. Yeah they dont have six packs and developed chest however these hardly determine whether one is healthy or not. However if they can exercise regularly then no one else has any excuse. You dont need alot of time to exercise. 90 minutes three days a week, how exactly is this too much in a 168 week?

People firsty justify their laziness and then proceed to make up bull**** excuses and assumption on those who have what they desire. Since when did working out mean that you become miserable or that you lose a social life? Last I checked every study attributed physical activity to better mental wellbeing.
Original post by thisisnew
This rofl. 1 and 2 look dangerously thin in fact they both look anorexic. Even the one labeled as normal (can tell by the legs) is pretty close to joining 1 and 2. Says a lot about what's deemed "normal". 3 and 4 are actually normal where as the one defined as obese is chubby bordering on fat.

Yeah, it's a classic example of how the media has skewed people's views of the world!

Personally all the first few could be "normal for them. However the average person (unless at the underdeveloped teenage years) would be hard pressed to look like that without being pretty unhealthy.
actually alot of billionaires partake in physical past times regularly and tend to be in shape. Yeah they dont have six packs and developed chest however these hardly determine whether one is healthy or not. However if they can exercise regularly then no one else has any excuse. You dont need alot of time to exercise. 90 minutes three days a week, how exactly is this too much in a 168 week?

People firsty justify their laziness and then proceed to make up bull**** excuses and assumption on those who have what they desire. Since when did working out mean that you become miserable or that you lose a social life? Last I checked every study attributed physical activity to better mental wellbeing.

I think you misunderstood my point about the gym. It wasn't, 'everyone at the gym hates it and only does it out of vanity' it was more, 'there is no point going to the gym if you hate it and would rather spent the time doing something else'

well it depends really. Because you see I will take my last 3 weeks as I have had to get up at 5 and not got home until 7pm for me to then go to a gym would mean not actually eating till about 10pm. People can be very busy with other things, particularly if involved in drama societies etc (not that I am). it is whether those 5 hours is worth more you you with pleasure elsewhere, a night out, or indeed a night in with a tub of icecream, some friends and a trashy rom com.
I think you misunderstood my point about the gym. It wasn't, 'everyone at the gym hates it and only does it out of vanity' it was more, 'there is no point going to the gym if you hate it and would rather spent the time doing something else'

well it depends really. Because you see I will take my last 3 weeks as I have had to get up at 5 and not got home until 7pm for me to then go to a gym would mean not actually eating till about 10pm. People can be very busy with other things, particularly if involved in drama societies etc (not that I am). it is whether those 5 hours is worth more you you with pleasure elsewhere, a night out, or indeed a night in with a tub of icecream, some friends and a trashy rom com.

yeah not everyone has to partake in physical activity, I dont even really care if people dont however I dont like it when people complain they feel they're under intense pressure to look a certain way or complain about being out of shape (as fat people tend to do) or simply deny what is fat (for instance the girl in the OP) when staying in shape is not exactly a monumental task within itself.
Original post by noodle1987
Yeah, it's a classic example of how the media has skewed people's views of the world!

Personally all the first few could be "normal for them. However the average person (unless at the underdeveloped teenage years) would be hard pressed to look like that without being pretty unhealthy.

skewed what? This is the third fattest nation on the planet. I want to know about this elaborate scam which everyone in the world seems to be in on. Quit jumping to conclusions using that posters ill conceived idea of fat.
yeah not everyone has to partake in physical activity, I dont even really care if people dont however I dont like it when people complain they feel they're under intense pressure to look a certain way or complain about being out of shape (as fat people tend to do) or simply deny what is fat (for instance the girl in the OP) when staying in shape is not exactly a monumental task within itself.

It depends what you mean about intense pressure. If good looking models on billboards counts as intense pressure I agree.

If it means people going, 'fatty fatty fatty' to their faces then I am on their side.

Staying in shape is diffcult if your are, 1) poor and 2) time pressured.
I bet if she didn't have that nice face then people's opinions on here would change drastically
Original post by Holly Hiskey
You did assign a whole range of characteristics to fat people which are just as likely to apply to skinny people, or average weight people for that matter. In principle I sort of agree with you in a few points (namely that as a country we need to slim down) however, I don't think you have to be an obnoxious douche about it.
Going through your posts I've noticed that you mention the 0.7 ratio a lot. Are you aware that losing weight doesn't tend to alter that ratio? Just wondering, as the way you phrased one of your posts was unclear.

It is funny that you say I am insulting yet I have never been offensive or insulted anyone as much as you have :tongue:.
But anyway..
The 0.7 ratio actually does change with weight quite a lot as to keep it the same would work on the excess fat being evenly distributed which it normally is not. If look at many of the plus size models they have little to no waist. There feminine features (ass and boobs) are also less noticeable as they have to contend with other features sticking out such as their mega thighs and guts.

Original post by Holly Hiskey
What's a VC model?
EDIT: Victoria's Secret?

Yuppo. I normally use them or the Pussycat Dolls as perfect examples of what healthy and attractive women look like.

Original post by rajandkwameali
Everybody lives with flaws, and nobody is perfect. I would say being at one's best is recognising one's strengths and building on them.

The modelling industry is based on aesthetics, so why shouldn't they choose the prettiest people? I think the model in the OP is overweight, but still looks pretty.

As you said, nobody is perfect, but with fat people it is very apparent that they have given up on something so easy which is to look good, and the reasons they do not try are not really reasons, but flaws such as being too lazy or emotional issues. It is just my experience that fat people have more issues then most other people, hence why is shows on the outside.

Is for the modelling industry - fat people should simply be banned from it as weight normally does not make anyone look healthier. Yes she may look pretty, but she is not a face model, she is modelling everything and her body is far from pretty.

Original post by thisisnew
This rofl. 1 and 2 look dangerously thin in fact they both look anorexic. Even the one labeled as normal (can tell by the legs) is pretty close to joining 1 and 2. Says a lot about what's deemed "normal". 3 and 4 are actually normal where as the one defined as obese is chubby bordering on fat.

1 is dangerously thin.
2 is simply skinny. SHe might be very slightly lethargic, but that is it.
3 is in shape. You only need a very small amount of body fat (~14%) to be healthy. Look at the Pussycat Dolls. They are like that bit extremely healthy.
4 is chubby - hence the belly! That is not normal and very unattractive.

How is number 5 obese (I bet her BMI doesn't class her as obese)....and as for the normal. I think she's skinny and the "curvey" one normal.

How is 5 not obese? She has rolls of fat everywhere....
Oh, and to show how naive you are....number 4 is Britney Spears when she was fat.....yes, you just called her normal.....:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

No, it is a perfect example of how the media has made people think that chubby = normal and why the picture and article OP found is so damaging.
Those pictures are actually medically sound and sorry, you are not allowed an opinion on facts.
(edited 13 years ago)
Dear OP,

I wish I had as much time on my hands as you obviously do :rolleyes:

Yours,
yellowmeringue
Original post by Jimbo1234
Hm yes, I am sure you find him sexy, but does anyone else or is this yet another lie in order to warp reality into something more pleasant?

Just stop lying to yourself and realise the simple truth - fat is unattractive.

Look at every guy who is thought to be hot in Hollywood and look at who they date? I am sure you would love to be on their arms, but they clearly would not want someone fat on theirs.

What is so strange is that it can be solved so easily, but yet you still substitute in your own reality as it is easier............

Also, what happened to someone being hot and having a great personality? Oh yeah, that guy does not exist in your world as it would make you look like you were aiming so very low.:rolleyes:

Jimbo, you're wasting my time.

As a matter of fact, I couldn't care less to be on their arms really. Not my cup of tea. Stop assuming things about me, you barely know me.

Please don't assume that my boyfriend is not hot because he's with a fatty Jimbo. Call me all you want m'lovie, but lay off him, yeah? He's a good guy, thankfully. Unlike some eh, Jimbo?

Anyway, don't bother quoting me again. You're wasting my time. A good troll is funny at first Jimbo, but you need to learn your limits. You promise to know when to shut up, and I'll keep my portion sizes small, yeah?
I'd say she's just chubby, that's all. Still would though.
Reply 439
Who does it matter? I cba to quote what you said to that other girl (it was a bit rude btw!), but how is her weight or her boyfriends preferences affecting your life? That's right, it's not. So why do you care so much? :s

The only objection I have is fat people using the word 'curvy' as you can be slim and curvy. The model in the OP isn't huge, but she's certainly a bit chunky, and I wouldn't call her 'curvy'.

Latest

Trending

Trending