Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

Nottingham Trent Freshers 2011-2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by rosee92
Personally I really like my course, I'd rather a few more hours a week because I find it difficult to motivate myself however. The content has a good mix of stuff from A level and stuff I've never studied before which I really like, I wasn't keen on the idea of being totally new to it all. Just, if you can, avoid the 'Introduction to Social Policy' module no matter what course you're doing, it's boring as hell and the lecturer is even worse. Any more questions?

ahh okay thanks i'll bare that in mind :smile: . i have an offer from sheffield hallam and i really like the uni there and Sunderland is going to be my insurance. i want to go to NTU but i am worried that i would not get the whole uni experience of seeing a new city and being totally independent as i have lived in Nottingham all mmy life. any advice would be very helpful.
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 21
Original post by c.o17197
I also have an unconditional offer and will be starting in October 2011 :smile:, what halls are you applying to??

Perevell halls on Clifton campus as that's where I will be based, as my course is on there and I want to do sports too.... Yourself?
Original post by jimbles
Woop thanks!

So what's Clifton like to live on? As that's where my course is, and I want to play sports too.... :smile:

I wanna do American Football... I know a bit about NTU Renegades and such and that they play in the annual varsity! So what else is there I could do with knowing? :smile:

Clifton campus is amazing to live on. I lived there my first year and couldn't have picked a better place. I met my best friends there, and its like a mini-community, if you choose to get to know people. Especially during Freshers week.

NTU Renegades are an amazing group of guys. The team plays in the Midland Athletic Conference against teams such as Loughborough, Nottingham Uni, Birmingham, Coventry, Derby etc. And yes they are current Varisty Champions (where they play Nottingham Uni in the Varsity Charity Series). They also went on Tour last year to Saloufest, and as far as I'm aware will be going this year to.

Any other questions, let me know. :smile:
Original post by jelly1000
i may possibly be making trent my insurance option (depending on how my retakes go in jan). what happens with insurance candidates and accomodation in clifton? because as i understand it only people who put it down as their firm can get halls. if my course was based at the city campus id book private halls but as its at clifton would i be looking at houses? or will there be space once this new halls is built?

Chances are, that the accomodation will have gone beforehand, however, due to people not making their offers, their accomodation will come back up.

You can live in the City private halls but be a Clifton student if you wanted to be, it's all upto you. Failing that there is a housing fair for you to look for a house to rent with other freshers. There are 3000+ freshers who don't have university accomodation so the new halls on Clifton campus will eliviate that somewhat but not totally.

Any further questions ask away. :smile:

If anyone has questions for me, please quote me so that I know or send me a PM.
Reply 24
Original post by Scorpio2211
Clifton campus is amazing to live on. I lived there my first year and couldn't have picked a better place. I met my best friends there, and its like a mini-community, if you choose to get to know people. Especially during Freshers week.

NTU Renegades are an amazing group of guys. The team plays in the Midland Athletic Conference against teams such as Loughborough, Nottingham Uni, Birmingham, Coventry, Derby etc. And yes they are current Varisty Champions (where they play Nottingham Uni in the Varsity Charity Series). They also went on Tour last year to Saloufest, and as far as I'm aware will be going this year to.

Any other questions, let me know. :smile:

sweet... I so hope I get a place on clifton! I'm assuming I should do as I'm gonna do it as soon as I can, and I have an unconditional? :smile:

Sweet. I don't have any best friends anymore. So will I easily make new best friends? It's not that I'm socially awkward or anything, it's just my best friends I did have got involved in the life I refuse to be involved with, so I only have school friends and such... So if I get involved I'll make new friends for life? :biggrin:

Wicked... I really want to be an NTU Renegade, I love the sport and it's just something I want to play so bad. Do you know anything else about the Renegades? :smile:
Chances are, that the accomodation will have gone beforehand, however, due to people not making their offers, their accomodation will come back up.

You can live in the City private halls but be a Clifton student if you wanted to be, it's all upto you. Failing that there is a housing fair for you to look for a house to rent with other freshers. There are 3000+ freshers who don't have university accomodation so the new halls on Clifton campus will eliviate that somewhat but not totally.

Any further questions ask away. :smile:

If anyone has questions for me, please quote me so that I know or send me a PM.

cheers for that. at the moment NTU is only my backup, so fingers crossed i wont have to worry about this anymore.
Original post by jimbles
sweet... I so hope I get a place on clifton! I'm assuming I should do as I'm gonna do it as soon as I can, and I have an unconditional? :smile:

Sweet. I don't have any best friends anymore. So will I easily make new best friends? It's not that I'm socially awkward or anything, it's just my best friends I did have got involved in the life I refuse to be involved with, so I only have school friends and such... So if I get involved I'll make new friends for life? :biggrin:

Wicked... I really want to be an NTU Renegade, I love the sport and it's just something I want to play so bad. Do you know anything else about the Renegades? :smile:

Yeah you should get Peverell accomodation easy enough if you've got a unconditional, though I do know last year they covered up the larger rooms in some blocks so that you couldn't choose them. So be aware of this.

If you want to meet a lot of people, definitely attend the Freshers Week events, and get involved during the Freshers nights, when the Fresher Reps are about.

Depends what you want to know about the renegades as to whether I can answer your questions :smile:
Reply 27
Original post by gtuck3
ahh okay thanks i'll bare that in mind :smile: . i have an offer from sheffield hallam and i really like the uni there and Sunderland is going to be my insurance. i want to go to NTU but i am worried that i would not get the whole uni experience of seeing a new city and being totally independent as i have lived in Nottingham all mmy life. any advice would be very helpful.

I've also lived in Nottingham all my life, but being at uni is an entirely new experience! I decided to move out to halls... although the halls are ridiculously close to my home. I've had many many people ask my why I even bothered moving out and 'wasting' about £9,000 in rent costs over the next 3 years. The truth is I like having that bit of freedom but it means that I can go home whenever I want. Many of my old school friends still live at home and they're still having a great time! There's freshers' events for local students so you can still meet people if you're not in halls, and make sure you join a few socities so that you can still meet plenty of people. Over freshers' you just make friends with anyone you meet really!

I do agree that it's a downer not being able to see a new city, it does bug me when I have friends coming back from Manchester or Leeds or wherever whining about how 'crap' nights out in Nottingham are in comparison with their uni town. (They shut up once we're back in good ol' Rock City). But you get over it, I'm sure as with me, that there's many places in Nottingham you haven't explored yet and uni is a great chance to do that, and everyone respects your wisdom of where's best on a night out or which buses to catch. As you make your own set of uni friends you'll find Nottingham becomes very different as you're in new places and seeing new people. :smile:

Sorry for the long reply!
Reply 28
Yeah you should get Peverell accomodation easy enough if you've got a unconditional, though I do know last year they covered up the larger rooms in some blocks so that you couldn't choose them. So be aware of this.

If you want to meet a lot of people, definitely attend the Freshers Week events, and get involved during the Freshers nights, when the Fresher Reps are about.

Depends what you want to know about the renegades as to whether I can answer your questions :smile:

Thanks for the reply. Thank god for that, so want Peverell accommodation badly lol! Cheers for the that.

Yeah don't worry, I'll definitely be attending Freshers Week! I intend to move in soon as I can after my 21st birthday on the 12th :biggrin: Any ideas when the contract for the accommodation usually starts?

Well do you know how much it costs for a season with the Renegades? And do they hold there own social meet ups for drinks and such?

Also, do you know when I could expect a welcome pack from NTU, if they do one?
Original post by jimbles
Thanks for the reply. Thank god for that, so want Peverell accommodation badly lol! Cheers for the that.

Yeah don't worry, I'll definitely be attending Freshers Week! I intend to move in soon as I can after my 21st birthday on the 12th :biggrin: Any ideas when the contract for the accommodation usually starts?

Well do you know how much it costs for a season with the Renegades? And do they hold there own social meet ups for drinks and such?

Also, do you know when I could expect a welcome pack from NTU, if they do one?

Whenever Freshers starts is when you can move into your accomodation, each block has Fresher Reps who help you move in and settle and then are on hand to help you out with everything else, for the whole of freshers week. It's usually late september early october when it starts.

To be part of any club at Trent you need to have a sports and fitness membership which is usually £129 or thereabouts, however around the start of Freshers and before you come, they usually knock it down to £99. And then you've got kit on top of that, not sure how much the Renegades' is, however most people will opt for a Trent Kukri kit as well.

Socials are held every single Wednesday (generally themed). All sports clubs do a bar crawl on the same day, ending in Ocean if you get that far. This is a big part of Trent lifestyle (or thats what I found) and this is where you'll start to see the same faces over and over again, and meet people.

Welcome packs tend to be sent out 2 weeks or so before Freshers starts, but hang around here and I'll let you know alot closer to the time :smile:
Reply 30
Whenever Freshers starts is when you can move into your accomodation, each block has Fresher Reps who help you move in and settle and then are on hand to help you out with everything else, for the whole of freshers week. It's usually late september early october when it starts.

To be part of any club at Trent you need to have a sports and fitness membership which is usually £129 or thereabouts, however around the start of Freshers and before you come, they usually knock it down to £99. And then you've got kit on top of that, not sure how much the Renegades' is, however most people will opt for a Trent Kukri kit as well.

Socials are held every single Wednesday (generally themed). All sports clubs do a bar crawl on the same day, ending in Ocean if you get that far. This is a big part of Trent lifestyle (or thats what I found) and this is where you'll start to see the same faces over and over again, and meet people.

Welcome packs tend to be sent out 2 weeks or so before Freshers starts, but hang around here and I'll let you know alot closer to the time :smile:

Okay, it's just that on here I've read you can sometimes move in before freshers week as the lease can start earlier than freshers week? And I only ask this because I know the Renegades have a few sessions before freshers week for the returners but welcome new players too that too, so would like to be there for that. Okay, I'll get saving for it all! I want to buy my own football kit too, and I heard that if I wait until I got to NTU, the coach can get me some discounted equipment from the guy they get stuff from?

Sweet, if you get that far? Sounds a good challenge to me! I really cannot wait for NTU time to start!

Damn, got months to wait, I don't know what to do up until September now! :frown: 9 months of waiting is going to be a nightmare!
haii :smile:
ive applied for fashion communication and promotion-
anyone else got there interview in jan?
i've applied there too, i sent my ucas off on friday but my tutor hasnt done my reference yet so im still waiting to hear anything back from them, do you know what the interview is going to be like or about?
anybody doing psychology there? i got an offer from them yesterday :smile: i think its going to be my 1st choice:smile:wooooo
Reply 34
NTU freshers is IMMENCE!!! So much is put on, its great fun!

Hope you guys enjoy it as much as i did!

NTU Fresher year 1! :biggrin:
Original post by EmmaLouiseOakes
i've applied there too, i sent my ucas off on friday but my tutor hasnt done my reference yet so im still waiting to hear anything back from them, do you know what the interview is going to be like or about?

you should hear soon hopefully :smile:
i found another thing on here talking about last years interview- so nervous!
have to prepare 3 questions and stuff to discuss in a group but everyone said it seemed pretty laied back luckily
Original post by Miggy
I've applied to NTU also.

My predicted grades are ABB for a course asking for BBC (Business Management and Entrepreneurship) so if I don't get an offer I will be thoroughly pissed off!

NTU is the only uni i want to go to! Anyone else applied for this course?

I've applied for that exact course! :smile:

I have the same predicted grades as you as well, and, likewise, NTU is pretty much the only University I want to go to! Got a conditional offer last week, so friggin' stoked!
Reply 37
Got a conditional offer the other day, definitely going to be my firm. :biggrin:
Reply 38
Original post by aparkinson2

Original post by aparkinson2
anybody doing psychology there? i got an offer from them yesterday :smile: i think its going to be my 1st choice:smile:wooooo

i'm doing psychology with sociology :smile:,
Reply 39
I put down NTU as my firm earlier :smile:, Business anyone?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending