The Student Room Group

Buying girls drinks

Just making a thread since im wondering whether most guys offer to buy/buy girls drinks in clubs etc. and when (e.g. right at the start of the conversation). Would also be interesting to see the girls side, whether decline them if they aren't interested or take the free drink and leave. =p

Personally, I don't buy drinks for girls unless 1. im really enjoying their company, 2. they're friends (in that case she buys the next round) or 3. if im already getting somewhere with her. And if a girl were to ask me to buy her one I get her water and wait for the reaction.:smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
The only occasion I would buy a girl a drink is if I've invited her out with me. Playfully try to get a girl to buy you a drink... it makes you much more attractive and you don't have to splash out!
Reply 2
lol imo buying girls who dont know drinks = you seeming needy as ****
(edited 13 years ago)
Well I know that most middle-eastern guys insist on paying for everything...if I go out with my Armenian and/or Arab friends I'm literally not allowed to pay for anything, but they're just friends.
Reply 4
Original post by >Anna<
Well I know that most middle-eastern guys insist on paying for everything...if I go out with my Armenian and/or Arab friends I'm literally not allowed to pay for anything, but they're just friends.

To you they may be, you to them is another matter entirely.
I decline them always, unless it's a friend offering in which case i'd pay next time.
Reply 6
I am wary unless I know them, this isn't something that effects me though as 99.9% of the time I am with people whom I know and trust, and those people buy me drinks (or I buy them drinks.)
Reply 7
I usually don't offer, but that's because either the bar is too packed or I'm too ****ed. I pulled a woman on holiday once (she was 27 I was 18, ohh yeah) and she turned a drink down from me saying - I never accept drinks because then the guy feels he's owed something.

I ending up ****ing her anyway so she should've taken the drink!
Reply 8
If you're sitting down and you've been talking to her for half an hour or more and you're going to go get yourself a drink anyway, then its just about acceptable. But other than that, hell no. Girls will either think you're a) creepy as **** and probably spiked it, or b) a complete mug.
Reply 9
Original post by Steezy
I usually don't offer, but that's because either the bar is too packed or I'm too ****ed. I pulled a woman on holiday once (she was 27 I was 18, ohh yeah) and she turned a drink down from me saying - I never accept drinks because then the guy feels he's owed something.

I ending up ****ing her anyway so she should've taken the drink!

I usually end up pulling without offering a drink as well, but by that point in the night we're both completely twatted.
Original post by -Invidious-
To you they may be, you to them is another matter entirely.

:erm: I'm pretty sure we're just good friends...
Reply 11
Original post by -Invidious-
I usually end up pulling without offering a drink as well, but by that point in the night we're both completely twatted.

I like to get up to a certain level of pissed before dancing, and dancing is where I pull the girls, and by that point all I want to do is dance, pull, ****. No need for drinks anymore haha
Reply 12
Original post by Steezy
I like to get up to a certain level of pissed before dancing, and dancing is where I pull the girls, and by that point all I want to do is dance, pull, ****. No need for drinks anymore haha

Amen to that bro
Erm tbh if you offer to buy a girl a drink at the start of a conversation, you're a mug.
Reply 14
I am sorry but I find this absolutely sexes. I would never buy a girl a drink with the motive you are discussing.

Spoiler

I don't take drink offers from guys who I'm not interested (bar if they're friends/family obviously). Mainly cause I feel like I'd be stringing them along.

A guy bought me a drink a couple of weeks ago without asking me if I wanted it first, but I still refused it cause I didn't want to be horrible and have him expect that he was getting somewhere. Plus he was a little strange...
I don't let boys buy me drinks unless a) I'm going out with them and will buy them something in return, b) we're friends and I'll get the next round or c) I'm already drunk and don't think to turn it down. I wasn't raised to expect people to give me things for free, it makes me feel a bit uncomfortable. Which, according to my female friends, makes me complete weirdo :emo:
Reply 17
I usually decline drinks, even when it's my friends but most people end up insisting and after saying no about 5 times I end up giving in...:rolleyes:
I assume most people are just doing it to be nice anyway :h: Because a drink really doesn't mean you get automatic free entry to my knickers ¬¬
Reply 18
Original post by Mm_Minty
I usually decline drinks, even when it's my friends but most people end up insisting and after saying no about 5 times I end up giving in...:rolleyes:
I assume most people are just doing it to be nice anyway :h: Because a drink really doesn't mean you get automatic free entry to my knickers ¬¬

Yes, that's exactly why guys buy you drinks.
From my experience, when guys offer to buy me drinks and i accept they are after the one thing and i've then had to refuse....sucks to be them i guess. I tend to refuse drinks unless it's a good friend or someone i'm seeing.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending