The Student Room Group

Buying girls drinks

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by -Invidious-
Yes, that's exactly why guys buy you drinks.

Well the guys that have bought me drinks at uni so far haven't tried anything with me, we just talked :dontknow:
Reply 21
I do love alcohol, so I do accept drinks off people, however if I really am not interested I will say no. I have no problem with that.
I expect to be bought one halfway or towards the end of a conversation, I hate it when people expect you to accept one within seconds of talking to them <it's freaky!
To be honest, I don't accept drinks from people I don't know.. I'm really wary of people who might have put something nasty in it. A complete overreation in most cases, but I guess you can never be too careful.
Reply 23
Original post by Mm_Minty
Well the guys that have bought me drinks at uni so far haven't tried anything with me, we just talked :dontknow:

Did you leave them or did they leave you?
Reply 24
I wouldn't buy a girl a drink.

The only exception I would make is if she was part of a group of friends and it was my round.
Original post by GimmeFire
I do love alcohol, so I do accept drinks off people, however if I really am not interested I will say no. I have no problem with that.
I expect to be bought one halfway or towards the end of a conversation, I hate it when people expect you to accept one within seconds of talking to them <it's freaky!

God I pity any guy that makes the mistake of talking to you in a club :rolleyes: What kind of attitude is that? You expect them to buy you a drink? :lolwut: Eff off and leave the guy to talk to a girl that is genuinely interested in him, and not his wallet. :rolleyes:
Reply 26
I buy girls drinks but only when it's not the primary intention.

I don't do that whole thing where I don't even know a girl's name and I just approach her randomly in a club and ask if I can buy her a drink, at which point she ponders whether she's cheap enough to say yes purely for the drink alone and not actually to show interest in the guy.

I mean, a girl would be absolutely stupid to think a guy is offering her a drink for the sake of offering her a drink like it's some charitable cause. It's obvious when a guy asks to buy them a drink what they're really asking is if they're interested (for whatever, to make friends, to pull, ONS etc.).

By saying yes the girl's reciprocating that interest (or at least that's the impression a guy gets) but there are some who just take the guy for a mug because they're too spineless to pay for their own drinks so resort to just accepting.

I only buy drinks when I just happen to get chatting to a girl or we've spent a bit of time dancing without actually having formally introduced each other. This confirms her interest is genuine and I'll ask her if she wants to head over to the bar where we can have a chat and of course drink, I'll happily buy her drinks then...even if we're just being social to make friends or whatever doesn't necessarily have to lead to sex.
I wouldn't accept a drink from a guy I don't know eg a random in a club, regardless of whether I wanted a bit or not. Even if I go out with a guy I like / a male friend I wouldn't expect them to pay for more drinks than I would.....alls fair man :smile:
Reply 28
Did you leave them or did they leave you?

Well one instance we got a taxi home together and just went our separate ways and another we were heading back to the dancefloor and he just disappeared :dontknow:
Reply 29
I wouldn't let a random guy buy me a drink, I ask my boyfriend to buy me one, but then again I'd buy one for him too haha, we tend to just share our money these days! But yeah I think its ok to buy a girl a drink, but only if your actually getting somewhere or else its kind of a waste of money ...
Reply 30
I'll only buy her a drink if i'm firmly under the impression that she will be slurping on different juices at the end of the night.
Reply 31
According to Feynman, the best way to get girls is to refuse to buy them drinks. Do you really want to disagree with Feynman?
I always decline them. I don't even let my friends buy me drinks.
Just making a thread since im wondering whether most guys offer to buy/buy girls drinks in clubs etc. and when (e.g. right at the start of the conversation). Would also be interesting to see the girls side, whether decline them if they aren't interested or take the free drink and leave. =p

Personally, I don't buy drinks for girls unless 1. im really enjoying their company, 2. they're friends (in that case she buys the next round) or 3. if im already getting somewhere with her. And if a girl were to ask me to buy her one I get her water and wait for the reaction.:smile:

I'd never personally accept drinks off a random guy just because I got spiked once and it was the single scariest experience ever.
My advice is never ever offer to buy a girl a drink in a club.
This is because I know that a lot of girls will take the drink regardless if they are interested in you or not. And yes I do this as well, I am a bitch, but I like free drinks :biggrin:
Original post by Bobifier
According to Feynman, the best way to get girls is to refuse to buy them drinks. Do you really want to disagree with Feynman?

Who's Feynman?
Reply 36
Original post by Phillipsherman
Who's Feynman?

The single most amazing thing ever.
Reply 37
If its a guy friend, or someone I know and am catching up with, I thank yes. If it's some random guy, I usually say no if they are creepy or old. But like at the start of uni I'd say yes, and get to know them, but never anything more.
If I am enjoying the company of the guy and he offers, yes I would accept him buying me a drink.

But I always offer to buy the next lot of drinks :smile:
Reply 39
Normally when people buy me drinks they're my friends in which case I buy the next round
Once I went somewhere where my cousin was friends with the owner, we had countless drinks bought for us in exchange for some harmless flirting.

I'm asian so "free" is never, ever bad.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending