The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Official UCL Applicant Thread for Entry in 2011!

Scroll to see replies

Conditional Offer!

Course: Project Management for Construction
Grade Requirements: BBB

so happy i thought my predictions may tempt them to drive up the requirements but I'm so happy I've got it. But in my situation i have a dilemma, I also applied for a similar course at Reading Uni which is supposedly superior, however, I cannot ignore the fact that UCL is ranked the 4th best Uni in the WORLD! what to do? :s-smilie:
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
^^ congratz
Finally my teacher decides to send off my application. Still very worried I wrote a BM personal statement and applied for IMFB which is a computer science subject:frown:. Wouldn't be too surprised if I got rejected lol.
Oh my god, UCL please hurry up. Just gimme the rejection now :frown:
Original post by tillytots

The snow won't have helped, probably has slowed things down at the office dramatically. Plus UCL give all their offers by post (to Home students) so even if they have sent it off it will take a while for it to come in the mail considering Royal Mail has come to a halt in these weather conditions.

I'm waiting too :getmecoat:
Original post by Panda Vinnie
The snow won't have helped, probably has slowed things down at the office dramatically. Plus UCL give all their offers by post (to Home students) so even if they have sent it off it will take a while for it to come in the mail considering Royal Mail has come to a halt in these weather conditions.

I'm just an impatient madam, EVERYONE who has applied to UCL this year at my school has been rejected, which could be a good or a bad thing I guess :/.

Stupid snow!
Original post by Casshern1456
Finally my teacher decides to send off my application. Still very worried I wrote a BM personal statement and applied for IMFB which is a computer science subject:frown:. Wouldn't be too surprised if I got rejected lol.

thats my first choice im really hoping for an offer but i also sent my application of late :/ only like 1/2 weeks ago what are you predicted in what subjects? and apparently a few people got in with BM Personal statements gl!
Reply 1887
Original post by Panda Vinnie

Do UCL really send all overs by mail first? how long before they send an email? slightly confused here, sorry
Original post by ashton.alfred
thats my first choice im really hoping for an offer but i also sent my application of late :/ only like 1/2 weeks ago what are you predicted in what subjects? and apparently a few people got in with BM Personal statements gl!

Thanks man. It's also my first choice and I hope I get an offer:smile: I do maths, business and economics, accountancy and chem I was told my prediction is AAAB but I didn't get that at AS so I hope my predicted grade is enough to land me an offer.
Reply 1889
Original post by tillytots

Agreed. Rather be rejected than waiting for a rejection.
I would have been patient for nothing.

Plus it'll save me telling people how much I love UCL
Reply 1890
Still waiting for a History V100 offer/rejection post-questionnaire.

Anyone had any news??
Reply 1891
Original post by wwl
Mine's an

A* Math
A Econs
A Accounting/ FM
Pass in d fourth sub

offer.
Tho it's for Econs..
I'm surprised it has a higher requirement compared to ChemEng!

Congrats :smile:

You must be so clever so UCL gives you an offer for Econs.
Econs is way way more competitive than ChemEng, I've seem many strong applicants got rejected from UCL.
Good luck with your exams :biggrin:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 1892
Original post by wwl
Mine's an

A* Math
A Econs
A Accounting/ FM
Pass in d fourth sub

offer.
Tho it's for Econs..
I'm surprised it has a higher requirement compared to ChemEng!

can i ask what your GCSEs ASs and predicted grades were like?
Reply 1893
Rejected this morning for Law :'( cried for a good half an hour and then some more!

They said it was that my LNAT didn't meet their requirements to look at my application further.

So upset, really really set my heart on UCL, and not a nice christmas present :frown:
Reply 1894
Original post by rkedgley
Rejected this morning for Law :'( cried for a good half an hour and then some more!

They said it was that my LNAT didn't meet their requirements to look at my application further.

So upset, really really set my heart on UCL, and not a nice christmas present :frown:

same, same explanation as well :frown: waiting on my letter from oxford today as well after screwing up the interview so am thinking this may be one of the worst days ever :/
Original post by rkedgley

If you don't mind me asking, when did you send off your app? I'm anxiously waiting for a reply from UCL :frown: I think I messed up my LNAT too.
Reply 1896
Original post by Emerald_Green
If you don't mind me asking, when did you send off your app? I'm anxiously waiting for a reply from UCL :frown: I think I messed up my LNAT too.

Waiting is horrible but don't worry about your LNAT too much. I got an offer on the 20th and I thought I'd done terribly on the LNAT. I actually had to press any button for the last 8 questions because I only had 30 seconds left and I didn't finish the essay. I was certain I was going to be rejected so I was really shocked when I got an offer. Just stay positive :smile:
Reply 1897
Original post by mcozza
Waiting is horrible but don't worry about your LNAT too much. I got an offer on the 20th and I thought I'd done terribly on the LNAT. I actually had to press any button for the last 8 questions because I only had 30 seconds left and I didn't finish the essay. I was certain I was going to be rejected so I was really shocked when I got an offer. Just stay positive :smile:

Sorry to be nosey but can I ask what your GCSEs were? coz my rejection was based on LNAT but I got an oxford interview so mine can't have been thatttt bad (I know UCL expect more from it but you know what I mean) so I'm thinking they might weight it against GCSEs or something maybe? Thanks
Reply 1898
Oh and well done btw!!!!!!! forgot to say that ooops :s-smilie:
Reply 1899
Original post by abiiiii
Sorry to be nosey but can I ask what your GCSEs were? coz my rejection was based on LNAT but I got an oxford interview so mine can't have been thatttt bad (I know UCL expect more from it but you know what I mean) so I'm thinking they might weight it against GCSEs or something maybe? Thanks

Yeah I get you. I got 4 A*s and 6 A's. I think they take everything into consideration. To be honest, I think I probably did below average on the LNAT but other things helped me to get an offer. Sorry to hear about the rejection, good luck for Oxford! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending