The Student Room Group

get over it?

if your girlfriend said 'I love you too' to someone else, in response to their 'I love you' at a party (so both slightly drunk) and in a sideways hug.. In front of you, would you a) be annoyed and if you were then how would you get over it? We've argued and it's still bugging me that she did this, how do I get over it and should I even be annoyed? This other person is also in a relationship.. Oh and they work together so she's around this person when I'm not there. All I did at the time was glare and try not to react to it as I didn't want to cause a scene. I'm not necessarily annoyed at the person who said it first, but I am annoyed at my girlfriend for saying it back! :mad:
I'd call it off there and then and never speak to, or of, her again.
Reply 2
You should have stamped your foot and thrown a hissy fit right there and then, you've blown it now.
is she forbidden from saying "i love you too" to a friend? wow. talk about controlling.
Reply 4
Original post by The TSR Star.
is she forbidden from saying "i love you too" to a friend? wow. talk about controlling.

when you put it that way...
:colondollar:
Reply 5
It depends, did she say it and actually mean it because she's secretly had feelings for this guy? Or was it because she was drunk and as people do, just said it in a jokey way or something?

I can't imagine it being serious if they're both drunk at a party, hardly a way people declare their love for each other. They could have said it as friends.

I personally wouldn't be happy but I'd get an explanation first and find the reasoning.
Sounds like drunken affection - hardly a serious declaration of genuine love. I think the fact they are both in relationships and you were present clarifies this. I wouldn't be overly worried, maybe just tell her you found it a bit weird??
Reply 7
:facepalm2:
I say 'Awww I love you' to lots of my friends, including male ones. Even when I was in a relationship. It's called friendly affection!!

Get over it!
I go round kissing people on the forehead when I'm drunk, declaring affection and love for all. I'm glad my boyfriend's the trusting type! Doesn't mean anything, just drunken happiness.

Relax :smile:
Reply 10
As others have said, I go round kissing people when I'm drunk and telling my friends I love them.

Would you have the same problem if she'd said it to a girl? This guy's got a bird as well, so there's no problem really.
Wow so she can't say I love you as a friend to another guy, the way you are going, you're gonna lose her.
Reply 12
Original post by Steezy
As others have said, I go round kissing people when I'm drunk and telling my friends I love them.

Would you have the same problem if she'd said it to a girl? This guy's got a bird as well, so there's no problem really.

I didn't mention genders that much so it's funny everyone's assumed I'm a guy and the other person is a guy.

Actually all girls.
Reply 13
I would say don't think anything of it.. I doubt it was meant in anything more than a friend way! If I was going to admit my love for someone in that way, I wouldnt do it in front of my other half?
Reply 14
Original post by Anonymous
I didn't mention genders that much so it's funny everyone's assumed I'm a guy and the other person is a guy.

Actually all girls.

Trollio! Trollio! Trollio!
Reply 15
Original post by Steezy
Trollio! Trollio! Trollio!

Right, I was expecting for someone to say that.

We're gay, get over it.

I guess the general consensus is to think nothing of it and get over it, thanks!
Do you even know if the other girl is gay?
Reply 17
Original post by JCC-MGS
Do you even know if the other girl is gay?

yes she is.
Really? Damn, that has deflated my point a little. You should still chill about it though.
Reply 19
Original post by JCC-MGS
Really? Damn, that has deflated my point a little. You should still chill about it though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending