The Student Room Group

People in a long relationships, kissing/holding hands in public?

For those of you who have been in a relationship for a long time, do you still kiss and hug each other in public, or walk around holding hands? If not, when did you stop doing it? Are you generally more or less affectionate towards each other now than you were at the beginning of your relationship?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
whats a long time? I've been with my fiance for over 2yrs and pretty much all the time we hold hands when we're walking and we stop to have a hug and kiss :smile: not so regular as the very beginning because we see eachother more so dont need to subject people to PDA,lol.
I've never really been into PDAs, no matter how long the relationship has been going on. *shrugs*
Reply 3
Original post by sheepy18
whats a long time? I've been with my fiance for over 2yrs and pretty much all the time we hold hands when we're walking and we stop to have a hug and kiss :smile: not so regular as the very beginning because we see eachother more so dont need to subject people to PDA,lol.

Fiance at just 2 years and 19 years of age :O wow, you must be certain he's the one.
We never have in a 'we must do it ZOMG' way, because that's usually a sign of insecurity and the mindset of 'I must prove I like her or else she'll not know and leave me'.

I guess it depends on the couple, but I guess, generally, they stop when they feel secure enough to not need to unless their affection genuinely calls for it.

Note, this does not mean our affection for each other is any less!
Nine years, and yes we absolutely do that, and are about as affectionate now as when we started going out.
Reply 6
Original post by ThePants999
Nine years, and yes we absolutely do that, and are about as affectionate now as when we started going out.

Nine years? Jeez, I'm guessing you're not the typical 18 year old TSR user...? :smile:
Reply 7
hold hands, absolutely. Kiss, but not make out.

In my previous relationship we still did this in public after a year. For this relationship (2-3 months in), we do aswell.

I don't see why you should stop doing it after a while? If you're not in love with the person after a certain time, why would you still have the relationship?
Reply 8
Hold hands and kiss.
Been together 3 years. We don't do it as often as we used too but we still do hold hands and kiss and hug in public. Will probably never stop.
We've been together 2 years, and we still hold hands, link arms, kiss, cuddle and other cringe worthy things in public :love:
Reply 11
Original post by kat2pult
Fiance at just 2 years and 19 years of age :O wow, you must be certain he's the one.

I know it seems really young, but we knew within weeks that we had a very special connection, I would do anything for him and he the same for me :smile: he's also 26 so a bit older, but I was as ready as him to make the commitment :smile:
Reply 12
Been with mine for 6 years, We don't really kiss in public, but we never really have done, we do hold hands in public though, all the time =]
Original post by kat2pult
For those of you who have been in a relationship for a long time, do you still kiss and hug each other in public, or walk around holding hands? If not, when did you stop doing it? Are you generally more or less affectionate towards each other now than you were at the beginning of your relationship?

I'm in a long-distance relationship (he lives around 250 miles away from me) so when we actually see each other, we're very affectionate with each other in public- purely because we want to spend and savour all our time together :smile: we don't really snog publicly, though, or do anything that might cause other people to be sick! But we have reached a point where we don't care what other people think. Maybe it'd be different if we lived nearer together?
Reply 14
We're not very lovey-dovey in public at all! An occasional kiss if there's a reason i.e he's being really cute! I don't see the necessity in being all coupley in public. I know I love him and vice versa, don't need to tell the whole world lol.
5 years, still do it
Reply 16
More so than at the outset, curiously enough.
Reply 17
There's nothing worse than seeing two people suck each other's face off. Especially when you're stood behind them in a queue. AWKWARD. :colonhash:
Original post by lella_m
There's nothing worse than seeing two people suck each other's face off. Especially when you're stood behind them in a queue. AWKWARD. :colonhash:

I find it more awkward when on the train, a packed one even worse - and they're right in front of you: It's just like ahhh wheretolookwheretolook?!
Been together 4.5 years and we're married. Never been a couple for PDA's; we very very rarely even hold hands in public lol. Although we must still be very 'couply' cos someone stopped us and asked whether we were married because we looked 'so happy' together, heh :love:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending