The Student Room Group

Do you know anyone who is completely Asexual?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lovely_me
Give them ten minutes with lovely_me, and I'll see what I can do. :sexface:

10 will be enough, Piccadilly gardens it is.
Reply 41
im such a non conformist im an asexual that has sex ironically, and enjoys it.
I have a male friend and he's 19 (20 in April) and has never kissed, held hands with, or even expressed any interest in girls. We have a gay friend in our group, too, so I doubt he's gay as he wouldn't be worried about telling us because he knows we'd be accepting of him.

One of my other friends teases him a little about it, and he gets incredibly defensive saying that he doesn't like not being with anyone- but then doesn't make any effort to be with anyone.

I think being asexual must be pretty scary- as it completely goes against what the human race is supposed to want or feel.
Original post by Willum Infanta
10 will be enough, Piccadilly gardens it is.

Five will probably suffice.
Original post by lovely_me
Five will probably suffice.

:sadnod:
I think thats VERY hard to find, maybe he's gay and doesnt want to deal with it... really he's your brother why dont you just ask him?
Reply 46
Original post by Gemma :)!
I think being asexual must be pretty scary- as it completely goes against what the human race is supposed to want or feel.

Check the AVEN portal, I believe you'll find many people who are asexual and pretty happy and comfortable with it :wink:
Original post by cannella
Check the AVEN portal, I believe you'll find many people who are asexual and pretty happy and comfortable with it :wink:

Well obviously those who choose to join a forum/group of any kind have come to terms with it, haven't they.

Not the same as those people who just don't fancy anyone and are denying it to themselves.
Reply 48
To be honest its not a problem. My brother seems happy enough and I don't plan on talking to him about his sexuality, especially as its something he wouldn't be comfortable doing. I was just inquistive and thanks for all the responses.
Reply 49
Original post by Gemma :)!
Well obviously those who choose to join a forum/group of any kind have come to terms with it, haven't they.

Not the same as those people who just don't fancy anyone and are denying it to themselves.

Actually, you're wrong. Most of those who frequent that community had first approached the forum because they had started questioning themselves on their sexuality. The website exist also as a place where people who notice they don't feel as sexually attracted to others as the rest of their friends do can find some information on asexuality and find out if it applies to them.

Trust me, if you started noticing you don't feel sexually attracted to anyone, you WOULD want to know why, if only to reassure yourself you are not some kind of freak.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 50
I think I've got a distant relative who is.
Do you have to come out if you are asexual :biggrin:.
Reply 52
Original post by rememberme
To be honest its not a problem. My brother seems happy enough and I don't plan on talking to him about his sexuality, especially as its something he wouldn't be comfortable doing. I was just inquistive and thanks for all the responses.

I agree completely with this. It's his life so let him be. Tbh probably the simplest explanation anyway is that he doesn't want his family knowing what goes on in his private life, some people are secretive like taht.
Reply 53
My mum.
Reply 54
Original post by mau5
My mum.

your mum:colone:
Original post by 4TSR
Are you telling me if a hot chick/guy danced around in honey-covered panties you wont be turned on :sexface:

No because I don't like honey :L

It depends how you term 'asexual'. By the dictionary it's 'someone who lacks the desire for sex'. And that's me. But that does not mean to say I can't be turned on :L I just don't feel like I want to go all the way.
me!
I am.
I admit, at one point in my life I honestly believed I was asexual simply because I had very little interest in the opposite sex and the idea of sex was disgusting to me.

But then I realised I swung the other way :sexface:
Now it's great because I realise I am actually really horny and sex obsessed. Haha.

I'm not saying that asexuals are actually just closet gays but some could be but just haven't considered the idea yet.
Original post by Anonymous
Hey, im asexual, as is my boyfriend. I actually find it better for me. It allows me to have a laid back approach to life, and coincidentally met my boyfriend who also feels the same (we met as friends and tried a relationship only to figure we had the same mindset to things, and after researching it we realise it was asexuality). There really is nothing wrong with it. I dont feel like I have to conform to the 'sex' that everyone else seems desperate to be a part of. It doesnt mean he cant be happy, so dont worry about it :smile:
although it sounds more to me like he could be gay :/

Why don't you approach him and we see if he is or not?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending