The Student Room Group

Would you kill and eat your pet if you were starving to death?

Poll

Would you?

I've had this argument with my friend a couple of weeks ago. Imagine that you're stranded in a desert with your dog or cat (or whatever pet you have) and you would be starving to death. Would you eat it?

For me it's a no. I would never eat my beloved doggy. :teehee:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
No. Too furry, and too many bones/organs.

I would look for some bugs, or reptiles, or just starve to death.
Reply 2
Absolutely no way I could, it'd be on my conscience for a long time cos I grew up with my cat.
:eek: No way! I wouldn't even consider it.
Reply 4
I'd rather starve. One because I've been a veggie ally my life and my dog means way too much to me.
Reply 5
You know your body would make you do it, right?
I'd never eat my dogs willingly of course, but your brain releases a chemical that would make them seem like the nicest food you could imagine.
There was a guy a while back who was trapped on a life-boat in the ocean, he caught fish and to stop himself from become dehydrated his brain told him fish eyes were delicious. They've got water in them, so he was literally made to drink it by his own body...
So, tough, your beloved pet will end up looking like a three-course meal from the best chefs in the world...
You can't make a poll about this. You can't predict how you will really react as a starving person. I doubt anyone in this thread has gone to bed hungry in quite a while. Some people have resorted to cannibalism to survive being stranded. Do you really think pets will last?
Reply 7
:eek::eek::eek: ...:nooo:
Reply 8
people have been known to eat their own limbs/other people who have died in plane crashes etc. to stay alive

i wouldn't like the thought of it, but ultimately, yeah probs - our ultimate instinct is survival at the end of the day

edit: ok so the "eating own limbs" thing was from a stephen king story and at this point in time google did not give me any actual factual stories backing it up, but people do chop off their own limbs without anaesthetic if they're trapped or something, definitely
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 9
Well, I have a budgie... and eating 100kcals of bird wouldn't really keep me alive all that long...
:frown: I don't want to think about it.
Reply 11
Absolutely, especially the micro pig. Also the rabbit would make a delicious stew.
(edited 13 years ago)
Yes :ahee:
Reply 13
It's the only reason I have pets.

I'm kidding, I don't have any pets.
Reply 14
I couldn't do it. I love my two cats so much I'd probably end up looking around the desert island for food for them and starve to death in the process.
Reply 15
Original post by aja89
I couldn't do it. I love my two cats so much I'd probably end up looking around the desert island for food for them and starve to death in the process.

The funny thing is your cats wouldn't think twice about chowing down on you if you kicked the bucket.
Reply 16
I'm a vegetarian so no and even if I wasn't I still wouldn't as I would find other means of food and believe me I would find something other than my cat to eat.
Original post by DH-Biker
You know your body would make you do it, right?
I'd never eat my dogs willingly of course, but your brain releases a chemical that would make them seem like the nicest food you could imagine.
There was a guy a while back who was trapped on a life-boat in the ocean, he caught fish and to stop himself from become dehydrated his brain told him fish eyes were delicious. They've got water in them, so he was literally made to drink it by his own body...
So, tough, your beloved pet will end up looking like a three-course meal from the best chefs in the world...

Wow, don't suppose you know where I could read up on that? Sounds really interesting.

Personally I couldn't imagine actually being able to do the killing. :frown:
There's not much meat or fat on my cat, so it's a no.

If there was another person there however... mmm human chops and mint sauce.
Original post by aja89

This, just minus one cat.

you're gettin' repped for goodness. :angelwings:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending