The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

Leuchars to Edinburgh by train

I have a quick question, where does the Leuchars to Edinburgh train arrive in Edinburgh? Is it Waverly station?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
The one I get on always does. Most go through haymarket and waverly if I'm remembering correctly.
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Reply 2
All of them go to Waverley and most go toHaymarket as well but not all.
Reply 3
what is the likeliness that this train will be working on Monday? snow...so beautiful and so deadly.
Reply 4
Original post by ViewlessWings
what is the likeliness that this train will be working on Monday? snow...so beautiful and so deadly.

You might be lucky, when the snow was bad before, everything northbound from Edinburger was getting cancelled, but some stuff was coming South. Really, all you can do is check on the day(but if it stays as is, I wouldn't be terribly confident).
Reply 5
The Edinburgh to Aberdeen line is usually reliable and goes even when the buses aren't running. Good luck!
Reply 6
It's supposed to be foggy/misty on Monday in EDI but St Andrew's shows sun every now and then. I just need to get into Edinburgh (by train) to hopefully catch a departing flight on Tuesday. this SUCKS.
Reply 7
It's supposed to be foggy/misty on Monday in EDI but St Andrew's shows sun every now and then. I just need to get into Edinburgh (by train) to hopefully catch a departing flight on Tuesday. this SUCKS.

The flights may be more of a problem than the trains. Going from Edinburgh directly?
Reply 8
Original post by Slumpy
The flights may be more of a problem than the trains. Going from Edinburgh directly?

yeah :\

well so far it seems that flights to that destination are okay but still, i am so anxious. it would suck. i was hoping to get out for xmas! :frown:
Reply 9
yeah :\

well so far it seems that flights to that destination are okay but still, i am so anxious. it would suck. i was hoping to get out for xmas! :frown:

That's probably lucky, I think all the major London ones are(or have been) shut, but Edinburgh appears to still be operational(at the moment).
Reply 10
Original post by Slumpy
That's probably lucky, I think all the major London ones are(or have been) shut, but Edinburgh appears to still be operational(at the moment).

yeah it is but they did close it for a few hours today :\

i reeeeaaaallllyyyy hope this changes by tuesday morn (my flight is really early).
Reply 11
yeah it is but they did close it for a few hours today :\

i reeeeaaaallllyyyy hope this changes by tuesday morn (my flight is really early).

Well, best of luck with it!
Reply 12
Can someone explain to me why nobody just gets the bus straight to Edinburgh?
Original post by Magma828
Can someone explain to me why nobody just gets the bus straight to Edinburgh?

I don't because the roads make me feel travel sick and the train doesn't. And the train is more comfortable (provided you don't get on one of the massively busy ones!) And I get a connecting train from Haymarket so it's easier to just have to change platforms rather than find out where the bus dumps you and walk from there.

It is, however, more expensive than the bus, and it can be awkward getting to Leuchars. I think most people's reasoning will be the one about connecting trains though.
Reply 14
well, from what i was told, if the weather is that bad, the buses would go before the trains and to prevent and issues, i rather just get on the train.
Reply 15
To the OP, there are at least flights into Edinburgh as I spotted one going past over the Forth about 25 minutes ago. Presumably you are going home for Christmas, good luck.
Reply 16
well, from what i was told, if the weather is that bad, the buses would go before the trains and to prevent and issues, i rather just get on the train.

Not true, the Edinburgh and Glasgow buses were terminating at Dunfermline 2 weeks ago during the cold snap whilst scotrail trains were sitll operating to Edinburgh and beyond
Original post by jimsmit
Not true, the Edinburgh and Glasgow buses were terminating at Dunfermline 2 weeks ago during the cold snap whilst scotrail trains were sitll operating to Edinburgh and beyond

No, I'm pretty sure that's exactly what ViewlessWings meant, that the buses would stop operating before the trains would stop.
Reply 18
I was on the Leuchars -> Edinburgh train last week and it usually calls at a few towns in Fife (Burntisland, Cupar, Queensferry) before it crosses the Firth, and calls both at Haymarket and Waverley (usually Platform 16).
Reply 19
Original post by LGF92
I was on the Leuchars -> Edinburgh train last week and it usually calls at a few towns in Fife (Burntisland, Cupar, Queensferry) before it crosses the Firth, and calls both at Haymarket and Waverley (usually Platform 16).

There's the slow train, which takes you on a scenic route through loads of nice Fife towns and then there's the fast one, which probably stops in just one or two places before getting to Haymarket.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending